Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Explorer (Colors May Vary)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on October 15, 2009
We have purchased four of the kid galaxy morphibians, two for my son and two as gifts. They are excellent toys for young children who want r/c vehicles. They climb over grass well and we've even had them in the swimming pool! They "swim" as well as they drive. My son accidentally jumped into the pool with the remote, but it worked fine after it dried out. We did recently have a problem with one of them that started to drive backwards only, but these cars have been through so much abuse during the last year, I expected something to break. We've not had any other r/c that lasted this long or that performed so well. I should note that if you want to purchase more than one, make sure you get different frequencies. Kid Galaxy's website provides the frequency of each car.
0Comment|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2010
I like it because I have a little car and it is not able to go over bumps. But the Morphibian is able to go over carpet, bumps and even ramps that I make with my wooden blocks. It's easy to control. I haven't tried it in the water - I'm waiting 'til its older and I'm bored with playing with it on land.
on December 20, 2009
We bought two morphibians two years ago. They still work and the boys race them outside and inside. The worst part is trying to replace the batteries but if you can figure that out without stripping the screws, they run forever. We have used them in ponds, bathtubs, and puddles. They are fast and my four year old uses the remotes without any trouble.
VINE VOICEon June 16, 2010
PROS
1. Inexpensive
2. Cute design
3. Car uses only 3 AA batteries
4. Remote uses only 2 AAA batteries
5. Will work on water (although poorly)
6. 4x4

CONS
1. Car is underpowered on land but still fun for little kids
2. Car performs very poorly in water in terms of a snail-like speed but also it takes in water and starts to look like it's sinking. This makes the performance degrade even further when all 4 wheels are completely under water.
3. Antenna on car keeps getting removed by kids, although it can easily be placed back
4. Controls are difficult for kids (and even some adults) as there is no steering wheel. Rather, there are two separate joy sticks, one for each side of the car. If you want to proceed straight ahead, you push both sticks forward. If you want to turn left, then you push the right stick forward, etc.

CONCLUSION
It's a great bargain, but don't expect it do work well in water.
on September 8, 2010
My 4-year old grandson loves playing with this car. He figured out the controls pretty fast, and the battery compartment is screwed shut, so he can't take them out. An added benefit with this Explorer model is the spoiler on the back-- gives him and his lttle brother a "handle" to carry it around with, instead of using the antenna! We've had it 4 months now, he still plays with it regularly, and its still going strong.
on December 12, 2011
I just installed the batteries and ran this little Morphibian Explorer and I believe my grandson will absolutely love it.

I'm reviewing before he actually plays with it just to WARN OTHERS about the battery cover. I noticed that every time I hit any small bump or wall while test driving it that it stopped running and would not start again. I opened the battery cover several times and it looked like the middle battery just could not stay in place. After making sure the cover was tightened each time I realized it was a design flaw. I cut out a piece of cardboard (from the box the toy came in) and laid it on top of the batteries, then screwed the cover on.

THIS little Explorer ran like a dream after that and never stopped again. I ran it over every thing I could and all went well. I know my little one will like it now that the "kinks" are out before Christmas Day. I hope this helps others who may have had issues with some of the Morphibians. I would have given it a 5 star rating if not for this one design problem which was easily corrected. Merry Christmas!

An afterthought. I am going to check the safety regarding using the cardboard on top of the batteries but for now it serves as a great temporary fix.
on January 7, 2010
Ordered this toy for my 5 yr. old grandson. The first thing he did was put it in the pool. It performed great. It even flipped over and still kept running. He has had a ball with it. It goes everywhere. I would definitely recommend it.
on June 10, 2012
I bought 4 of these morphibian toys for my grandkids. Individually they work fine but because the remotes all operate on the same frequency, whoever was using the remote with the stronger, fresher batteries controled all 4 toys! Kids were very disappointed they can't play together!
on February 21, 2014
We bought 2 Morphibians for my 2 kids and had to choose one on each frequency. We originally purchased the Gator and the Explorer. We noticed immediately that the Explorer did not turn very well or move as quickly as the Gator. We thought maybe we had just gotten a defective one, so we returned the Explorer for a new one of the same model. When we got the new one, it had the exact same problems again. I figured it must be a problem with the model itself so this time we returned it for the Shark instead (another model on the same Mhz as the Explorer). The Shark worked perfectly, exactly like the Gator, and is very similar in style and build to the Gator. It seems to me that the ones built on that same "platform" (Gator, Shark, Frog) seem to work better than some of the bulkier ones like the Explorer. We've been extremely happy with our Gator and Shark Morphibians, the Explorer just didn't compare.
on July 14, 2010
I thought this was the perfect Christmas present for my five-year old grandson. He was asking for more sophisticated (e.g. expensive) remote control toys. Since this remote vehicle is amphibious, it seemed to be exciting enough but also easy to control. Unfortunately, it wasn't tough enough to hold-up to my five-year olds punishment and was broken within a month. I'm glad it wasn't very expensive.