Industrial Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon David Bowie egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

Color: PinkProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingChange

VINE VOICEon December 15, 2011
I was so happy to finally come upon this Kido Car toy after searching in stores and on the web for the best first car for my grandson as a Christmas present. I didn't want one that sings or talks or lights up, just a good quality working vehicle for him to learn how to push and to play with using his own imagination. The Kido car has a simple, elegant design--rather Euro looking (the corresponding truck, even more so), and, IMO, artful. Nice to have a plaything be a thing of beauty. The headlights are really shiny and cool, but other than that, there are no adornments on the car. It has a pleasing round shape--nothing sharp--with an oval hole where the car interior would be, forming a natural handle that will fit child- or grown-up sized hands. The white wheels have gray rubberized tires, and they spin like crazy! The toy is sturdy and shiny--a hard type of plastic that has no PVC, BPA or Phthalates. Like so many things, it is made in China, but at least this time they got the quality control right. The packaging is also just right. It comes in a box just exactly the size of the car, no extra doodads. That makes it easy to wrap, too. The cardboard is made of 100% recycled material.

The end of the box states "1+", and really it would be ideal for any toddler or preschooler, but if you have a crawler who is beginning to manipulate things well with his hands, I think this car will be a good one to grow into. My grandson will be seven months at Christmas, and he is really getting around. The car may be a bit big for his little hands, but it isn't too heavy, and it rolls so well, that I am sure he will be able to get the thing going. I am looking forward to seeing his face when he realizes what a thing with wheels can do!

As far as other suggestions--I also bought the truck by the same company, and have written a review. Others I am considering are Sassy Pop and Push Car, and the Green Toys vehicles made in the USA from recycled milk cartons. I hope this helps.
on September 15, 2011
I don't like toys that beep, sign, yell, talk, make noise in general. I also don't like cars/trucks/vehicles with faces. Call me old fashioned but I wanted a durable, basic car for my son that was not sponsored by an animation company or that yelled obnoxious comments. Both my son and I love this toy. It is simple. I love the color. He loves the handle. Works well on carpet as well as linoleum. I will be giving this as a gift!
on October 23, 2013
First off, the car is very cool and our 8-month old son likes it a lot. It's a good size for him, and the handle helps his grip.

Now that that's out of the way, the main reason I'm reviewing this is to report the amazing customer service experience I had with Kid O. We bought one of the Go Cars a couple weeks ago, and two days later our Great Dane ate the tires off the car. Things like this happen constantly with the dog and yes, she's fine. So, I figured I'd have to suck it up and buy a new car or otherwise, let my son make due with the chewed, tireless wheels. Out of curiosity, I emailed Kid O to see if I could possibly obtain some replacement tires for the car. I got a response in a day, and although I was told that replacement tires weren't an option, the lovely woman told me they'd be happy to send us a new Go Car. I had no expectation of getting a replacement toy, nor was Kid O in any way obligated to do this. They just did it (with free shipping), which made me extremely happy. The replacement arrived the next day. I'll definitely seek out Kid O products in the future because of this experience (and because they make cool stuff).
on May 6, 2011
I don't know if I got a lemon, but the wheels were so stiff that the toy doesn't really roll (even with some serious pushing) so it just doesn't work as a car. Paper weight, maybe. But, since I live indoors and don't have a problem with wind blowing papers around, I returned it.

(It's so cute, though, I might try ordering it again in the hopes that the next one will actually work as a car.)
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2011
My son has been playing with this toy since he was one year old. We have two of these cars, one in blue and one in green. The car's handle is perfect for a toddler's hand to grasp and roll across the floor. As he gets older I find he likes these cars more and more.
on October 23, 2011
My son received this toy when he was around 8 months. He wasn't all that interested in it at the time. At around 9 months he started to play with it more, and at almost 10 months now, he can't get enough of it. He rolls it around everywhere and on everything. He has many car toys, but this is definitely his favorite. It is easy for him to hold and maneuver around.
on May 31, 2012
This is a great little toy... with no batteries, sounds, lights, or decals...just simple clean design...and well made.
The car is designed so the baby or toddler can carry it easily. The dump truck version by the same manufacturer is more versatile with it's swing tailgate and dump mechanism. Wheels on both move smoothly.Six months later...gran-baby still hugs her car, and has learned to fill the dump truck with little treasures, and dump them out. And lastly, you gotta give kudos to the company for making this car in hot pink!
on July 13, 2013
My son played with this car at The Discovery Place in Charlotte, NC. He loved it so much and wouldn't let go of it, that when I got home, I came to Amazon to find it.

The shape of the handle makes it perfectly ergonomic for his hands. The make of the wheels is so extremely smooth - it just begs to be driven over all the walls - and it does!

The fact that it can survive being played with by probably hundreds of children (dropped, thrown, etc.) is proof that it is a quality toy. I'm guessing we'll have it for many, many years and I would highly recommend it. Would also make a great gift!
on July 11, 2012
We received this toy as a Christmas present for my 15 month old. It is really a neat looking toy and appears to be easy to use. I think it is poorly made. My son broke the wheels off within minutes of playing with it. The plastic broke so it is not fixable. The giver of the gift would be very sad to hear that it broke so easily.
on May 5, 2013
As soon as I saw this toy, I knew I had to buy it for my one-year old nephew who I've seen scoot across the kitchen floor holding the lid to a stockpot like a car. He loves this toy and now scoots around everywhere with an actual car. I would definitely recommend this for kids too young to play with matchbox cars. Wheels are nice and smooth, doesn't squeak or zoom ahead. High quality product with a good design.

See 1 answered question