Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 18, 2008
This truck is SO cool! My son lives, eats & breathes fire fighters and fire trucks so when this came he was in awe. His very own fire truck like Daddy's!! It's HUGE so be prepared and 5 miles perhour is actually pretty fast for a little one- so be prepared to run, too! It's a real blast.
on October 23, 2009
We received this as a Christmas gift and it was great for the short time it actually worked. Like other reviewers, we had similar battery issues (not available at any retail stores, took months to recieve the replacement, battery very expensive, etc.), but also other mechanical problems. Suffice to say, my kids now enjoy just "pretending" the thing works and playing in the fire truck and on the fire truck, since the fire truck itself hasn't run for over a year. Defintely not worth the money.
on October 15, 2008
My mother in law bought this fire truck for my son and he loves it. It is a shame that before a year I had to replace the battery causting me $80.00. Than the gear on the back driver side stripped. The only place to get parts is from hong kong and that took 3 months costing $50.00. Less than a month after repairing the gear they are making a horrible noise and are stripping again. I give up! It is a shame my son loves it but I would not recommend this tide on toy to anyone. We have had a 4 wheeler and a barbie jeep for years with no trouble at all. Think before wasting your money, it isn't worth the aggrevation.
on July 10, 2009
This thing is a bigger tease than most strip clubs. Has all of the extra doo-dads (lights, siren, PA/microphone, water gun) that most other ride-ons do not. Unfortunately, the quality of this thing does not match those of even the most basic ride-on, non-battery powered vehicles. Within 2 DAYS of normal use by 1 3year old child, the fire truck developed stress cracks in the body along the sides of the inside of walls near the footwell. They looked to be heading down to the floor, who knows if they would stop there. There was absolutely no damage to the sides of the box at all when it was unpacked, and for this to occur with a solitary 35lb. rider is absolutely inexcusable. The water reservoir tank ruptured its seal the second time it was refilled and pumped. And you can forget about customer service stepping up to the plate and honoring their warranty...they were very slow to respond if at all, said it would take them a week to review the photos of the stress cracks (though it appeared the same customer service rep was judge/jury), and seemed intent on blaming it on a shipper issue beyond their control. No thanks, I'm not wasting my money on something this expensive, only to have my kid get more disappointed by the day.
on January 14, 2008
I was concerned that I had spent too much on the fire truck.

However, when I saw my grandson's face, I felt it was worth it.

The truck is impressive.
on April 17, 2012
This is a review/helpful info for you to save you some time if you ever purchase a toy like this.
#1. don't confuse old reviews with new products. There was a recall for the circuit board on this item (fire truck) but I believe it was for fire trucks that were made between 2004 and 2005. So be sure to check the 'date of manufacture' at the bottom of the toy (it is two round circles molded into the plastic about the size of a nickel/quarter).
#2. my original battery sucked (could've been a bad battery but most likely my ignorance). I say this because when my battery died I had a hard time finding a replacement until I went to (who woulda guessed it) Batteries Plus (check online for locations near you). I live near Kenosha, WI and there was one there. I took in my old battery and talked with a very knowledgeable 'battery expert' for lack of a battery term. He showed me the proper battery to buy for the fire truck then he took it apart and put the top of my old battery (the part with the connector to hook to the fire truck) on top of the NEW battery. It took him about 10-15 minutes and he did it right there in the store. The guy was awesome. The most important thing was what he told me about the proper way to charge the battery. I thought once it ran out of juice you plug it in, charge it up, and away you go. According to him that is very bad for the battery. He said that my battery (yours may be different) should be charged about once a month, whether you think it needed it or not. I've had this battery now for two years charging it once a month for about 12 hours at a time and I have not had trouble with it.
#3. Although the fire truck hose is a great idea for the kids, it is a horrible idea for the electric components. I disconnected mine the first time they sprayed the console to ensure no electrical problems in the future.
#4. All in all the kids love this toy, I'm in a cul de sac with other kids and they all ride it around. Plus it holds up to 130 pounds max weight so even bigger kids can ride on it.
on June 9, 2014
My boys love it, future firemen in training. The only thing I wish it had seat belts. Our does now with a little redneck ingenuity. Over all a truly awesome fire engine for my boys to have fun with.
on July 18, 2008
My 3 year old loves this truck. It drives a long time on a charge and has room for two kids to ride in it.
I like that the drive wheels have a rubber strip on them so they grip much better on asphalt, especially when braking. I makes a lot of fun sounds too.
Minor things to be aware of: 1)The pump spray nozzle isn't a "super soaker" but it does spray water about 5 or 6 feet. 2)it is bigger than your normal ride-on toy with a relatively large turning circle so you need a fairly big area to make the best use of it and a big space to store it. (Not an indoor toy)

Expensive, but worth it for the smiles.
on October 31, 2007
I am a representative of the company now in charge of KidTrax ride-on toys. Rest assured the reason we recently took over this business from Safety 1st was to ensure the product is fun, safe and reliable! We've made several upgrades to the internal compoentry to address any mechanical concerns.

The overall quality of this Fire Truck is great, and we also back it up with excellent customer service and support. With a dedicated toll-free line (877-741-6154) and service & parts team, we strive to ensure that every child (and parent) is happy with their new ride-on. Please buy with confidence and have fun!
on September 2, 2008
My son just turned 4 and received this from his grandparents. He loves to play pretend (fireman, policeman, pirate, etc.) and this firetruck has become in 1 week his most favorite activity - KidTrax seems to really have improved on the concerns raised by prior consumers from the original model - everything is working well, simple to put together, has 2 speeds, handles easily, etc., etc. A FABULOUS choice!!

See 1 answered question