Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on December 11, 2011
We recently purchased this as a Christmas present for our toddler after researching many different options for a play store. Although this model was a bit more expensive than the rest, we purchased it due to other reviews and seeking a better quality product. It is an excellent quality wood product. It seems very sturdy and is absolutely adorable. I love that it is two separate units when put together, because it provides some flexibility for play and storage. After reading many warnings about how difficult it was to put together, my husband decided to get an early start. It took around three hours to assemble and he had no problems. All of the pieces were included and the directions were decent. The only thing I have noticed (different from the online photos) that is different with the product we have is that in the online picture it appears you can write your child's name under the awning on a chalk board type sign. While there is a chalk board sign on the side, the piece under the awning appears to be just regular wood painted black.

Other play stores I considered:

Smart Gear Wooden Wonder Shop Store (decided against because it was smaller for roughly the same price)
Melissa and Doug Grocery Store (again, was roughly the same price yet much smaller)
Little Tikes Neighborhood Market (much less expensive and a close 2nd, but decided the KidKraft one had much more space)
Pavlov'z Toyz Market (I actually ordered this one and ended up cancelling it when two people gave it terrible reviews the next day. Glad I did! We received on other item from Pavlov'z Toyz and it was very cheaply made, not likely to last long.)
on December 18, 2012
Purchased this from the external website One step ahead back in October. This was a Christ,mas gift for my 2 year old daughter. I decided to put this together before Christmas so that my daughter could play with it on Christmas day. It took about 1 1/2 hr to put together. All of the pieces were in the box undamaged, and clearly numbered. Directions were easy to follow. It doesn't take up that much space depending on the size of your child's room you should be able to fit this and say, a play kitchen with no problem. I'm very happy with my purchase. Would highly recommend, although I think it should be priced around $150 instead of 189.00.
on February 13, 2012
my kids 4 and 2 love this. They take turns shopping. We added a cash register and they have a lot of fun. took about 2 hrs to put together, directions were clear and items easily labeled.
on January 11, 2015
Kids still love it, looks good after years.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse