Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Color: Honey|Change

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on September 10, 2008
Our 2 1/2 year old loves building with his "big boy" Lego's, so we ordered him this table, but the board is not as Lego compatible as it could be. Our 2 1/2 year old has a hard time sticking his Lego's to this board, but has no problems sticking his Lego's on his Lego brand boards. If you line up the Lego brand boards next to the boards on this table, you'll see that they don't line up exactly the same. The boards this table uses are not that compatible with Lego's, therefor I don't recommend it to the really young ones who don't yet have the strength and control to really push down on the small Lego's.
0Comment|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2015
Easy assembly. So, so simple. Tools included. I got the driver out to speed things up tremendously. Solid table. Lego-like table insert doesn't fit well with Lego brand Legos. Actually, it is way too hard for a child to plant Legos onto the table. It is, however, still a much better option than paying a couple hundred dollars on a similar table.

Has a height good for children to play. Its a good height for an adult to sit at while in a chair.

Package comes with five wooden pieces plus a table insert. Eight (8) bolts, eight (8) eyelet nuts. Instructions (easy to read) of course. Also includes generic brand Legos and also a Train And Track set.

Table insert just sets on supports inside "cubby" which are recessed slightly. Insert just lifts out. It is good for us, because it lets me put Legos out of reach from the baby in an instant. The kids can then play with the included train set and tracks included.
on January 25, 2016
It could have been slightly better construction. I am still trying to find time to visit the hardware store and find a coating or something to make it last longer and not get scratched up. However, it was what was promised and we get a lot of use out of it. We are happy customers and feel it was a good value for the price.
on January 4, 2015
Was concerned that it was going to be too small for my daughter to really enjoy but it's great. Lost a star because it's really hard to get real lego to stick to it though. But she loves this table, it's not an eyesore, and doesn't take up a ton of room.
on February 3, 2012
I compared the Lego compatible surface to an official Lego baseplate, and they seem to match perfectly. My real Legos have no problem fitting on this product. The only exception is when placing a Lego that spans two colors (specifically for my table it is red and blue areas) towards the very edge of the table. You have to use a lot of pressure to get the Lego to "snap" on. All other areas are fine. The table itself is very high quality. You do have to remove the table top to get into the storage area, so that will require using bins (not included) to hold Legos and blocks. Alternatively, take the top off and place on the floor, then just take blocks from the table storage as needed. Most kids don't seem to mind playing on the floor :) so this is not a big deal. We also own another larger KidKraft table (with rolling storage drawers). Very durable and well made (i.e. good fit and finish).
on January 10, 2014
Highly recommend. Our grandson, who is 2 and a half, plays with it constantly. Easy to assemble. Versatile. Sturdy. Works with Duplo blocks until he's ready for Legos. The train set is great fun, too.
on January 6, 2012
I only bought this for the lego compatibility, all though the train-table feature is a welcome addition. It works wonderfully with legos, and provides a wonderful base for my 4, 5, and 6 year-old children to build lego cities, amusement parks, forests, and anything else that strikes their fancy.

As far as the train-table feature, it is a fun thing, perhaps for younger children who only have a small set of train tracks. I'm thinking that for 2-3 year-olds it would be perfect. For my kids it is wholly inadequate, and very rarely gets used, they would rather spread out on the entire living room floor.
on January 2, 2015
This is a decent product for the money. (My young'un received it as a gift when it was a little more than $100; now I see that it's almost $150.)

Here's why we like it:

1) Assembly couldn't be easier. It took 10 minutes, max. It even was able to be assembled with a missing part (which the company sent me via expedited shipping, no questions asked, except for the control number under the table).

2) Great feature with the train on one side and the lego table on the other side--in theory, you're getting two play areas in one. (More on this below in the "cons" section.)

3) The storage feature is also great. A lot of other tables we were looking at didn't have this.

What we are not so enthusiastic about:

1) It's not the sturdiest table. The storage area base is made of what appears to be a thin layer of plywood, and the table doesn't do well when it's touched forcefully (which children are known to do).

2) The double-sided play area with the storage unit underneath has a major drawback: in order to play with the other side, you have to dump off the original play area. Further, because the storage unit underneath does not have a sliding drawer, you have to tilt the play area to get anything from underneath, which also means that things fall off of the play area.

3) You're going to want to supplement the provided trains and train tracks and legos with your own stuff. They provide you a very small track, which you can loop into a figure-8 (or other patterns), and 3 trains, and then a small package of legos, but to maximize the fun out of this table, we bought a separate train starter set and trains, which makes the play area much more fun. Still, however, the play area itself is somewhat small, so this might not be the best purchase if you're looking for somewhere to display a (large) train set.

These "cons" are pretty minor. I read all the reviews going into this, so I knew what to expect. I think it's a good table that will provide a fair amount of entertainment to my child and his friends. I just think that it has some flaws that could be improved upon, and I definitely don't think it's going to keep my basement clean (which is what I had hoped with the storage bin below the play area)!

Finally, of note: this table is really not for little ones. We haven't taken any stars off for this (after all, the manufacturers' recommended age is 36 months), but I did want to note for others that it's really not for the little ones. Our little one (who is under two years old), as well as two separate friends who have come over to play with it, just don't know what to do with it. They want to lift up the play area and slide the whole thing off and play inside of (and climb inside of) the storage area instead. So that doesn't work! (And this wasn't just our child showing these other children what he liked to do; these other children approached the table first and "misused" it as well.) Therefore, I wouldn't recommend this table for a child under 2 or 2 1/2 years.
on January 4, 2013
This is a great product for the money, the only problem is that the Legos are very hard to work with.

The child has used other Lego tables with no problem. This makes the Legos difficult to build.
on August 14, 2014
Our 1-year old loves this and it's the perfect size for our small house. There were a couple of small chips out of the table top, but they're not that big of a deal. Love watching him hover around it playing. His favorite thing to do right now is destroy the track setup, but we know he'll grown into using it imaginatively.