4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price
Published on October 21, 2009 by Amazon Customer

Published on May 7, 2007 by AVA

3.0 out of 5 stars The little ones love their own table but this one is not durable., May 7, 2007
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
Like the other two reviewers, I loved this table and chairs when it first arrived. It is so lovely, with the cute pastel chairs. Unfortunately, after 6 months it's not so lovely anymore because the paint is chipping off all the edges. I'm very sad because what did look like a charming table and chair set for a reasonable price now looks tattered after half a year. Compare that to the pine set from IKEA that we've had 3 years that still looks brand new for a third of the price. If you do decide to buy this set, I would recommend applying a protective coat of polyurethane or similar to minimize paint chipping. Also, my husband used an electric screwdriver to assemble the set and the chair backs split in several places when the screws went in because of cheap wood. I would recommend using a hand tool and a light touch. I can't say I wouldn't recommend the set but I would recommend taking the above steps to avoid trouble ahead. It is super cute and the kids love having the four chairs for more kids, dolls, imaginary friends, etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, October 21, 2009
This review is from: KidKraft Nantucket Table & 4 Pastel Chair Set
My wife wanted to spend a lot more on a kiddie table/chairs than I wanted (hundreds of dollars), but I finally convinced her that this set (~$100) would be good enough, particularly since it'll be abused with crayons, markers, rough play, etc. It was straightforward to put together, though (as another reviewer has noted) screwing the screws too much from the bottle of the table surface can result in puncturing the table surface. It bother much much, however (it's a kiddie table, after all). My wife called the manufacturer, and without any fuss, a new table surface was mailed to us quite prompty. After about 10 months of use, the paint has held up well, but the chairs are showing signs of wear. The chairs are slowly starting to come apart at the seams (the dowels are coming loose), though I just force them back together, and they'll be fine for another week. Our kid eats, draws, and plays at/on the table. And often, both my wife and I are both sitting at on these chairs at the table, which may explain why the chairs are coming apart. For the price, I'm still happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Excellent, Excellent, April 5, 2013
Before I purchased this set, I read all reviews on this set and others. Even tho there were a few negatives I purchased it because I liked it best. Well, this set is the best, excellent. I am 68, a great grandmother, and I put it together with a screwdriver. The instructions were so easy to understand, the parts were color coded assembly and it took me about an hour for the whole assembly. I received the set in two days from ordering which is amazing. I love the quality of the product and the size. It is perfect for my two year old great granddaughter who is 36lbs. She is the size of a 3 year old. She loves her table and chairs. I would give the seller and the product 10 stars and higher. I am so pleased and I would recommend this set to everyone. The cost is well worth spending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set!, November 14, 2010
OK, so I've only had it for a month, but I think its great! My 17-month-old can sit on the chairs (and loves to) but her feet don't touch the ground. This IS a great set for her, as she was hungering to sit like a "grown up"; she just loves exploring a chair that is sized for her. I think it will be even better for her when she's two and has a longer attention span to sit for a while and color and play with blocks. I had a 4-year-old over recently and she fits just fine, so I think this set will be useful until five or so.

It went together easily: about half and hour and the tool is provided with the set. Seems sturdy: solid wood and no creaking when we sit in it (180 pound husband). Seems high quality: no paint chipping and washable crayon wipe right off.

So far I would recommend this set: looks beautiful and really would fit it a mixed-gender playspace as it has a green and blue chair.

Very happy with this purchase!

UPDATE: Jan 2013. Still have set, still as attractive and useful as ever, for my now 3 and 1/2 year old and my new 17-month old! Had a 280-pound uncle sit on chairs (eeek!) but held up no problem. Still clean, colors have held up well. I think this will be around for a long time... still very happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great chair and table set!, January 13, 2012
This review is from: KidKraft Nantucket Table & 4 Pastel Chair Set
I love this set! Bought it for my 2 year old daughter and she absolutely loves it! The colors are great, and its very nice, cheaper than other table and chairs I've looked at and quality seems to be the same. Shipping was fast. Would definitely order this again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids table, February 26, 2011
We got this table a year ago for my 2 and 4 year old and I wouldn't have been happier with It:)My husband put It together for 10 minutes and since then my little trouble makers eat on It,jump on It,play on It,draw pictures on It....I even sit on the little chairs with them and they seem pretty durable.The best purchase ever:)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, December 29, 2013
I love the table & chairs. Very good quality & looks wonderful in my granddaughters bedroom. The girls, 2 & 4, love to sit on them & color or play with stickers. However before the set even shipped Amazon reduced the price by approx $20 & free shipping. Somehow I purchased direct from Kidkraft but advertised on Amazon.com website. Kidkraft nor Amazon would honor the lower price. I did not want to disappoint my granddaughters so I did not return the set & rebuy it at the lower price. All department stores would definitely honor the lower price & credit the difference. I will never purchase from Kidkraft or Amazon.com again after this very disappointing experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and Durable, December 15, 2007
Samantha (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
We have had the set for over a year and love it! Perfect size for all activities and has been very durable for us. My girls even stand on the chairs with no problems. Great customer service with Kidcraft. One piece arrived manufactured incorrectly and they sent the new piece same day, free of charge with no questions asked. We've had slight wear on the paint but no more than any other painted toy. We would definitely recommend the set to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, January 26, 2014
Athena (BELLINGHAM, WA, US) - See all my reviews
This product is exactly what I expected and more! The table and chairs look exactly as shown in the images that originally made me want them. After reading a few reviews I narrowed it down to this, hoping it would not be too difficult to assemble. When the package came I decided to try myself instead of waiting for my husband to assemble the set. I was pleasantly surprised that the instructions were simple and the bolts for the chairs were color coded to match the chairs they belonged to! How cool is that!? Needless to say I am very happy with this product and if it lasts as long as I think it should, I will be buying more KidKraft kids furniture in the future.

1.0 out of 5 stars Came with cracked chairs, July 12, 2013
Super cute but the quality is terrible. The chairs were already cracked which we noticed only after the table was put together

KidKraft Nantucket Table & 4 Pastel Chair Set