5.0 out of 5 stars HUGE,but BEST Quality Dollhouse!
Published on January 7, 2010 by Caroline

1.0 out of 5 stars Heart attack
After spending 4 hours trying to assemble this the bottom part broke. Had to assemble and disassemble this so many times. Not worth the high blood pressure this will give you trying to assemble it. The screws backings constantly fall out, you get one floor done the other floor comes out.
Published 16 months ago by chidelt

5.0 out of 5 stars HUGE,but BEST Quality Dollhouse!, January 7, 2010
This review is from: KidKraft So Chic Dollhouse with Furniture (Toy)
I bought this for my 7 year old daughter for Christmas. She/we LOVED it; I did ALOT of research; even bought Imaginarium Grandview Dollhouse from Toysrus and returned after comparing it with this one. The Quality alone spoke for itself, the frame of this dollhouse is Wood; not the cardboard cheap thin stuff like most of the dollhouses are made from. IT has TEN rooms with wood furniture; where the Grandview only gave you 11 furniture pieces and the thin walls were obnoxious colors (which only a child could love).

It is HUGE; we had to rearrange her closet and take away a bookshelf to make this fit in her room so she can play with both sides (versus other dollhouses with one side to put against the wall) but she has played with it EVERYDAY since she's had it now. She has mixed dolls; Barbies, Moxie doll, Liv dolls, & Brat dolls; they all work. THIS dollhouse is durable where you can hand it down to future siblings.

HIGHLY recommend this, especially for multiple siblings. Please make sure to have the space for it; you need to have the ability to where she can play with BOTH sides of house; the caster wheels are awesome when need to turn the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars The story of this MONSTER, December 20, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: KidKraft So Chic Dollhouse with Furniture (Toy)
The monstrosity (exactly like the photos) will change how you feel about dollhouses. Do girls play with dollhouses while standing? What dolls go you get to go with a dollhouse? What about exterior walls?

I did a lot of research. No matter how I looked at the market, this was one of the best deals available. This dollhouse is more durable than others. The lack of exterior walls makes this dollhouse accessible to more than one child at a time, and the casters help.

Assembly is methodical. KidKraft packages this with the tiniest and more floatable fill - what a mess! The instructions don't indicate which sides of the walls go in relation to the stairs nor does the box have that level of detail, so I had to refer to the photos on Amazon. And most important - DO NOT tighten a screw on any section until all three or four screws are at least a little threaded.

When you assemble this monster, you join the brotherhood /sisterhood of the Monster Dollhouse. Some reviewers reported having to drill a better hole or sand down parts that fit together. Fortunately I didn't have to do those things but I came close a few times. I was able to force everything to fit by the way I screwed in the screws, and nothing got bent or broke thankfully.

I didn't get the dolls yet - more research I guess. The furniture is so cute though, and durable too. KidKraft did something smart. They know that when you own the MONSTER, you probably buy the accessories from them since other dollhouses are made for smaller scale accessories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great doll house, November 28, 2012
This review is from: KidKraft So Chic Dollhouse with Furniture (Toy)
This is a great doll house. It is really really big. We knew the dimensions before ordering, but it is pretty massive. There are 2 sides. The whole thing is on wheels, so it can easily slide out from the wall when you want to play with it. The furniture seems good quality and there is lots of furniture. Really you won't need any other furniture as it is complete. My children like to play with it. We've had this for a year, nothing is broken :) Not too bad to put together. I will mention that one side of the roof came with a small crack in it. I called the company. They were very quick to replace the broken part. Actually since it was a Christmas gift (last year) and since I needed it ASAP, they overnighted the piece on their dime. Easy company to work with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for twins, siblings and friends!, December 25, 2011
This review is from: KidKraft So Chic Dollhouse with Furniture (Toy)
KidKraft So Chic DollhouseI wish I saw this doll house last year. Even at age 6 1/2 my twins are so excited by this enormous doll house. Perfect for Barbies, fairies, pocket puppies and even baby zhu zhus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, July 13, 2012
This review is from: KidKraft So Chic Dollhouse with Furniture (Toy)
Just as pictured on website. Took quite some time to put together but well worth it. My Daughter can't stop playing with it and actually cleans up and puts all the pieces in there place. Furniture pieces are large I am very happy about that. Well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome HUGE dollhouse, March 14, 2013
This review is from: KidKraft So Chic Dollhouse with Furniture (Toy)
The dollhouse arrived sooner than expected as is a great hit with both of my daughters! It's even big enough for stuffed animals to play in (Barbie has been evicted to her camper!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Dollhouse, February 13, 2012
B. Sinclair (Chattanooga, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KidKraft So Chic Dollhouse with Furniture (Toy)
You won't be disappointed in purchasing this dollhouse! It is amazing. I am so impressed with the quality of the furniture and the house itself. I remember having barbie houses that were so cheaply made...this house is extremely sturdy. My girls are so in love...I know this will bring hours of imaginative play! I purchased mine for $200 from Costco. You can definitely shop around for a cheaper price.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECTION after a few interior changes, November 11, 2013
This review is from: KidKraft So Chic Dollhouse with Furniture (Toy)
We purchased this dollhouse last year.

It was easy to put together. However, some of the colors of walls and furniture were hideous, so I spent a couple of days customizing, papering, and painting. I actually really enjoyed it. Hobby Lobby has great dollhouse accessories that are a little fancier than the typical. They also have tiny Christmas trees if this is a Christmas present, craft paper for walls, and fabric for textiles.

EVERY girl that comes to our house is magnetically attracted to this house. It is very tall. I'd say 5 is the age where most girls will comfortably reach all of the levels. It is taller than our play kitchen. This doesn't stop my daughter, though.

She is in a stage right now where she takes all of the furniture out and makes an "apartment" on the coffee table. :-/ Hopefully, she'll start using the actual house more.

We use Lalaloopsy, Loving Family, and eventually will use Barbies with this house. The furniture is a little large for Loving Family, but you can mix some LF furniture pieces in and they'll play with it anyway.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone. It is the best dollhouse on the market, 2 girls can play at the same time without fighting for space (double sided), and it grows with the stage of dolls your girls are into.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, December 18, 2012
This review is from: KidKraft So Chic Dollhouse with Furniture (Toy)
Super fast shipping! I ordered this with less than a week before my 3 yr olds birthday party and used free super saver shipping. It arrived the day before and I assembled it in just under 2 hours that night, before wrapping it for the big day! All day long my daughter thought it was a tent...imagine her surprise when she found out it was a HUGE dollhouse! The furniture comes in separate boxes for each room so I left them in there and wrapped them individually...it looked like she got a lot of presents when it was really just the one! lol. This was the last present she opened and all the kids at the party(6 of them) sat and played with it the rest of the night. She loves it and plays with her Monster High Dolls in it daily!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT., September 13, 2013
This review is from: KidKraft So Chic Dollhouse with Furniture (Toy)
We got this doll house for our children's museum. The children love it! It is nice and big, multiple kids can play with it at the same time. The furniture is sturdy and well made. Has held up to hundreds of little hands!

KidKraft So Chic Dollhouse with Furniture