Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: KidKraft Tasty Treats Pretend Food Play
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 10, 2011
Our son received this as a Christmas gift from his grandparents per my request. When they saw it in the package upon arrival, they were very disappointed and described it as being oddly proportioned, cheaply made, and representing mostly junk food. I assumed it couldn't be that bad when the KidKraft kitchens are so nice. It was. Aside from the obvious proportion and scale issues (the watermelon is almost smaller than the strawberry for example), the quality is TERRIBLE! It was mostly destroyed by the day after Christmas, and my son is very gentle with his things. The plastic is so cheap that if it is gripped too tightly, or is accidentally sat on, leaned on, or (heaven forbid) stepped on by naturally clumsy toddlers, it is ruined! The egg, tomato, strawberry, and cans, are all concave pieces of plastic now. The paper items were ruined in a few short hours. These items are not meant to be in the hands (or under the bums) of toddlers if you expect them to maintain their shape. Very disappointing!

I guess you can say it's educational... My son now knows 4 kinds of doughnuts, the difference between crinkle cut and shoestring french fries, the difference between milk and dark chocolate, and that there are at least 5 kinds of soda. Oh, and that pie should always be larger than your fruits, veggies, and main course. NICE!

Amazon, however, is amazing and took very good care of us with this return.
22 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2011
Food is cute but my daughter has had the food for 3 weeks and a lot of it has already been crushed.
on February 24, 2011
I must say I was not impressed with this purchase at all. I usually buy things and am able to give a 4 or 5 star rating. I think this is the first time I've purchased something and given 1 star. It is pretty useless for children to use in the kitchen, and really cheap plastic. The boxes aren't worth anything, and I would not recommend this for anything. It's really a bunch of junk.
on December 28, 2011
We got this set of food for Christmas and the cousins have this set as well. I also have the Melissa & Doug veggies set and the fruit set and we also have a cloth veggies set from IKEA.

So, YES:

Yes, this set is cheaply made.
Yes, the boxes break within the week and the food gets squished easily.
Yes, the proportions are totally whacked (hamburgers, strawberries, watermelons, and cabbage are all the same size, apparently).
Yes, the food has unhealthy stuff in there instead of just whole foods.
Yes, the stickers will get ripped off right away.
Yes, keep it away from younger ones, 'cause I'm sure some of this is likely a choking hazard.
And Yes, some of these foods are disgusting looking. ("Mommy, what's this?" "Um...I don't know. I think it looks like worms and poo... I mean, spaghetti and meatballs.")

HOWEVER!!!

THIS is the set my daughter plays with.

It's terrifying: she keeps putting french fries into the hotdog buns and serving me that with the ice cream cones. But she is into this set in a way she was not into the healthy stuff. Go figure.

So yeah, it's pretty lame in comparison with other food toys on the market, but it's cheap and it's what the kids (my own and her cousins), actually get out and play with. The other things only get used 'cause they're in the same box with this stuff.

Again, go figure.
on December 5, 2013
Don't waste your money! especially since it was only $16 when I bought it last year as part of my daughter's Christmas present with the KidKraft Kitchen, which is actually fantastic! These food items are cheap and most likely made of toxic plastic. We threw the hotdogs away before giving the set to my daughter as the pieces seemed very small and a possible choking hazard. The milk and juice cartons fell apart in a few days, the plastic foods are crushed easily, and the labels on the canned foods peeled off. We've been slowing throwing pieces away all year so I decided to replace the rest with some of the Melissa & Doug play foods which are pricier but great quality! I agree with another reviewer that mentioned that a lot of the foods are junk food; hamburger, hotdogs, pizza, fried chicken leg, donuts, soda pop. Not what I want to expose my kid to even if it's just pretend! Yes there are fruits and vegetables included as well but they are disproportionate to each other and not very educational. Very disappointed with this toy!
on November 16, 2013
This is a nice set for the price. I like that it included fresh foods as well as canned goods. This enabled me to "stock" my nieces play kitchen and grocery cart with one reasonably priced purchase. The reason for thr missing star is that the products are very thin bendable.....but you get what you pay for and I certainly was not expecting top of the line quality at this price point.
on October 17, 2013
The kids in my wifes daycare love these toys. We bought a lot of sets so we didn't have to deal with the arguing little ones tend to do when there is only 1 apple or other "silly" complaints little kids get into.

The kids love playing with these and we have gotten our moneys worth.
on June 8, 2015
There are better food sets out there. We purchased this when we purchased a play kitchen. I don't really have anything good to say about this product. Let's outline a few reasons why not to buy this product:

1) Junk food - it has so many pieces of junk food that it is hardly setting a good example. I'm not trying to be an overbearing mother, but if we want our kids to develop good habits, it doesn't make sense to let them play with a bunch of french fries and hot dogs. When we started unboxing the toy, we started taking away all of the junk food and were left with maybe half of what was in the original box.

2) cheaply made - the items very poorly made. Some of the pieces are made of cardboard - not even good cardboard...I might as well make it out of notebook paper.

3) No thought in this at all - We got two salt shakers. I understand that there is cost put into making these items, but come on! It would have better if each salt shaker had an s on one side and a p on one side.

There are just much better food sets and for the same or less money.
on October 29, 2013
This set is very sturdy and very colorful. I bought them for both my granddaughters for their 2nd birthdays. I think you can step on them, jump on them or just about anything and they will last forever. They include every food type you can imagine and are educational because you can teach them names of the different foods. I also bought my granddaughters kitchen sets and pots and pans so we "cook" a lot too! I bought them for my grandson when he was about the same age and he enjoyed them too. He lost interest only until just lately and he is now almost 6!
on December 4, 2013
The quality of the product is not very high. The plastic is cheap and my kids do not like holding them. The boxes are made of soft paper and not a plastic, so it gets damaged and useless quite soon. I would have been fine if my kids played with that at all, but these days even kids can tell the difference between high and low quality products.