5.0 out of 5 stars KidCo Baby Steps is a great product!
Published on November 30, 2009 by Kiernan Andrews

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy!!
I am disappointed with this product. I wish I had spent a little more money on a better product. Although it is pretty easy to use, I am disappointed with the final pureed food.

Pros:
Easy to clean
Good size
Ok price
The freezer packs are easy to fit in the freezer.

Cons:
The lid get really stuck on, especially when I use...
Published on February 21, 2011 by StacyMom

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars KidCo Baby Steps is a great product!, November 30, 2009
This review is from: Kidco BabySteps Basic Natural Feeding System (Baby Product)
This excellent product allows me to easily make healthy, tasty, homemade baby food puree with minimal effort and quick clean up! My daughter is new to solid food and the KidCo processor is able to make very smooth purees when some liquid is added to the cooked food. Clean up is a snap because the motor is housed in the lid and the other parts are dishwasher safe. Some reviewers were displeased with the lack of an on-off switch; but in actuality, pressing the motor housed in the lid activates the blades. The turbo feature can be pulsated for a finer puree. Some reviewers also found that the lid sticks; this happened to me once and I realized that you must use caution when twisting the lid into place. If it does get stuck, turn it gently in the opposite direction to reallign the tabs and it will pop right off. I was also quite pleased with the freezer trays. Some reviewers found that it was difficult to remove the food cubes, (yummy squash-pops!)but I simply gave it a light spray with olive oil before spooning in the puree and made sure they were frozen completely solid before attempting removal. I was so pleased with this product that I am giving it to my sister-in-law as a Christmas gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've Tried, August 21, 2010
Mamazabakaka "Tome Raider" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
My son and daughter-in-law are quite particular about what goes into their 10-month-old's tummy and I'm all behind that, so more often than not, I make him something from scratch for lunch when he and his mommy pop in. I'd been using my little Cuisinart Mini-Prep-Processor to grind everything up, but it wasn't quite going the distance and left lots of chunks bigger than he could cope with. I read the reviews of the KidCo BabySteps Basic Natural Feeding System and decided to buy one, even though I tend to be something of a penny pincher when I think I can get away with it. Now I wish I'd had this from the start. It really purees everything from bananas to chicken and clean-up is dead easy since the motor is in the top and never gets near the food. I could have done without the freezer trays, since we make all his food fresh and don't use a microwave on his food as we would have to do to warm it over, but I was so delighted with how easy this was to use and how well it works that I got another one for my daughter-in-law and she's delighted, too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy!!, February 21, 2011

Pros:
Easy to clean
Good size
Ok price
The freezer packs are easy to fit in the freezer.

Cons:
The lid get really stuck on, especially when I use the "turbo" feature; it seriously hurts my hands trying to get it off (and I have strong hands).
Very loud -- my 9 month old cries when I turn it on.
Doesn't puree small amounts of food -- it just gets stuck below the blade.
Leaves chunks when pureering difficult foods.

I know that pureeing chicken is a difficult process but this food processor really does not do the job. There were huge chunks of chicken left. It also did not puree green beans very well; again, it left pretty big chunks and strings. I was hoping for a smoother puree. It does a great job with things like carrots and sweet potatoes.

Update on 3/14/11 -- Item stopped working after just 1.5 months of normal, weekly use. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! The electricity runs but the blades do not spin. Instead of purchasing this item, buy the Cuisinart Mini Food Processor. It is made of way higher quality -- I have had it for three years and still runs great. I didn't realize that it would puree food, otherwise I never would have bought the KidCo pureer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome!, July 8, 2010
C. Newton (Colorado Springs, CO (USA)) - See all my reviews
I LOVE this machine! It works just as I would expect and the turbo button helps with the harder foods or the ones with thick skin. I love the fact that the blade can be taken out after blending and you can scrape EVERYTHING out of the bowl without trying to work around a blade. It is very easy and simple to wash as well. It takes longer to cook the food than to blend it (which is a GREAT thing). I can not say enough good things about this product. I have not used the trays yet because I bought silicone ones and have been using those first.
******WARNING/ADVICE****
make sure you line the tabs on the lid to the bowl carefully. I got my lid stuck and couldn't get it off so I came online looking for reviews with the same problem and they said if you aren't careful it gets stuck and to gently/carefully twist the lid in the opposite way and it pops right off THANK GOSH for those reviews (I almost gave up and almost threw it away) it worked and lid came off and from there on i make sure I line the tabs up with the holes and haven't had a problem since. (the reviews were on another site).

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product!, March 12, 2010
T. Shook (Aurora, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This is an awesome product! It's super easy to use and clean. I have no problems at all with the trays. You don't need to use any olive oil spray either... just give the tray a gentle twist and the frozen foods pop right out. It blends everything very smoothly. Even peas, green beans and carrots. I cannot say enough good things about it. I use it all the time. My daughter is ten months and is ready for thicker and chunkier foods and this works well for those too. Though you do have to be careful not to overheat the motor when making thicker foods.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Out There, November 25, 2008
This product is super, it is easy, simple and affordable to any mom/dad. I use it for all my lil mans food. Veggies, fruit, meat ect. To all you new parents out there BUY THE KIDCO FEEDING SYSTEM. It is super and work so so well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice, May 15, 2010
This baby food processor is easy to use and efficient. It is also a snap to clean. This would make an excellent and much appreciated gift for any new mother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Baby Food!, June 2, 2010
This mill really makes great baby food. we use it at least once a day and does a great job of blending any type of food and turns it into a really smooth puree.

3.0 out of 5 stars just a normal blender, nothing special, November 12, 2010
Nothing special about it, even though it called baby food processor. I have to add plenty of water to make smooth baby food, no any difference with other blenders, just a smaller size. Returned.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this item, April 24, 2010
LOVE this processor. So easy to use, to store, and to clean. Baby food making is easy with this. Not a lot of pieces, so it doesn't take forever to clean. And takes up minimal space on a shelf. Will buy it for anyone I know who wants to make their own baby food.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›