5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing Summer Treats

2.0 out of 5 stars Truly remarkable how cheap/weak the materials used are
Published on April 4, 2010 by Josh S. Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing Summer Treats, May 17, 2009
This review is from: Kidco Healthy Snack Frozen Treat Trays (Kitchen)
When I was looking for pop molds I found these "Frozen Treat Trays." There are some advantages and some disadvantages to this type of mold. First, you can freeze basically anything in them and I've had good luck freezing homemade juices including lemonade and juices I make in my juicer. The caps on this brand have permanent plastic sticks in them so you don't have to buy wooden sticks all the time. They also sort of catch some of the drips although don't count on it.

The disadvantage is that you can't just pull one ice pop out of a tray you have to put the entire tray in a bowl of warm water to release the pops. I found them nearly impossible to pull out without doing this and setting them in warm water for thirty seconds usually does the trick. Then you can just put all the ice pops in a plastic ziplock freezer bag for storage.

Here are the two "juicing" recipes I've used lately. There is a enough juice for the ice pops and a few cups of juice leftover to enjoy:

Recipe 1:

2 oranges, peeled
2 apples, unpeeled
1 (6-ounce) container blackberries
1 cup grapes

For both recipes cut the fruit to fit your juicer and juice. Pour the juice into your frozen treat trays. There are really unlimited ways you can make juice so you can have fun experimenting all summer long.

You would think this would come with a nice recipe book but only three recipes are included. You can mix yogurt with fruit in your blender or freeze applesauce, chocolate milk, egg nog or puddings.

While these are fun for kids adults will love them too. I went out walking in the heat and it was so good to have some ice pops ready on my return.

~The Rebecca Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Great molds!, September 19, 2009
This review is from: Kidco Healthy Snack Frozen Treat Trays (Kitchen)
These are great. I make apple juice popsicles for my 6 month old son. He loves it and they are healthy. I made the popsicles and after they were frozen I ran the bottom under hot water for about 5 seconds and they popped right out. I put them in a freezer bag and they were good to go. Great for teething babies.

2.0 out of 5 stars Truly remarkable how cheap/weak the materials used are, April 4, 2010
This review is from: Kidco Healthy Snack Frozen Treat Trays (Kitchen)
First one of the tops/holders broke as we were lifting out a popsicle, then the holder itself split in two when it dropped (frozen) on the floor - after owning it for 2 weeks. I had an old fashioned one of these when I was young that lasted at least 20 years ... I'd be surprised if anyone had one of these for more than a year without it breaking. Otherwise, the size and design is good.

4.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect, April 18, 2012
This review is from: Kidco Healthy Snack Frozen Treat Trays (Kitchen)
We love this mold. I have tried several other Tovolo molds and while they seem sturdier, these have been my favorite. It is a good sized serving for my 2yo. My 5yo often eats two(or more!) We do mostly fruit/veggie blends in the blender to fill them. Use coconut milk or juice to help them blend up smoothly. Add some honey if the fruit isn't sweet enough. Try adding a handful of baby spinach to the blend for some extra nutrition and a fun green color.
You do have to give them a quick hit of warm water and twist them before you pull them out. Still, they come out easier than the more detailed shaped molds we've tried. I plan on buying another set for the summer so we have more pops ready to go!

1.0 out of 5 stars Item broke on first use, April 24, 2012
This review is from: Kidco Healthy Snack Frozen Treat Trays (Kitchen)
Followed all the directions and item broke on first use. Came out of freezer and simply cracked in multiple places! Had to throw it away, very disappointed!

1.0 out of 5 stars Real junk, July 28, 2011
This review is from: Kidco Healthy Snack Frozen Treat Trays (Kitchen)
Sorry i can't find anything good to say about this mold. Cheap material, holder breaks after first use, hard to take the popsicles out without breaking them in half and over melting them. I wasted my money, don't waste yours.

1.0 out of 5 stars pop holders, July 22, 2010
This review is from: Kidco Healthy Snack Frozen Treat Trays (Kitchen)
i dropped these holders the first day i received them and they all broke. The couple i could salvage are difficult to remove the frozen pop

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it was, June 25, 2013
Katherine Gordon (San Luis Obispo, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kidco Healthy Snack Frozen Treat Trays (Kitchen)
I like this Popsicle mold set because it is small which is great for my young kids, but the last one shattered (plastic gets more brittle in the freezer) and so I purchased it again as a replacement. Unfortunately they are slightly different (cost reduced no doubt). The biggest issue is that the "sticks" no longer have holes in them so when you pull the popsicle out of the mold you get the stick and no popsicle. Pretty irritating.

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap and broke. umusable, March 29, 2013
Couldn't get the pops out and the tray broke trying to remove them. Really disappointed, I was looking forward to using them often

1.0 out of 5 stars Sounded Promising, but FAILED, August 26, 2011
This review is from: Kidco Healthy Snack Frozen Treat Trays (Kitchen)
I searched Amazon for a BPA free Popsicle holder for my 2.5 year old. After reading the reviews, I was pretty impressed, so I ordered 1 pack. I washed them with warm, soapy water and made my first batch of popsicles. The lids are not tight at all and I had a hard time getting them to stay on. They froze well. I tried to twist the blue lid to get one out and it wouldn't budge. Just kept spinning around and around. So like ice cube trays, I tried to just ever-so-slightly bend it an 1 whole popsicle mold broke off. I thought, ok, that is the wrong way to try to get them out. I ran them under warm water and one eventually came out. I had them on the middle shelf in our freezer and they fell out onto our kitchen floor. Every single one broke -- it was no longer a try but 8 different molds. I couldn't even believe it. What a waste of $8! :( Guess I will go back to my paper cups and wooden sticks!!

Kidco Healthy Snack Frozen Treat Trays