Top positive review
84 people found this helpful
This little guy saved our lives
on July 12, 2013
We rent, and this is the exact unit in our apartment. Woke up in the middle of the night to it going off (didn't know what the sound was at first). Turned it off and opened up our windows. I wasn't feeling well, but I thought I was just getting sick (I hadn't been feeling well for a few days).
That morning (a few hours later) I decided I didn't want to just ignore the alarm, so I called the local gas company. They were out within minutes and found the leak- our heater (which wasn't even being used) was leaking CO. They shut off our heater (the pilot light was on) and we've called our landlord. We were lucky to only have gotten a headache (hubby) and feeling feverish (me). It could have been much worse. And thankfully our pets were okay too.