4.0 out of 5 stars Interconnect is one way
This is fine except that it doesn't fully communicate with the smoke alarms. If this detects CO the smoke alarms don't sound. If the smoke alarms detect smoke this will go off and say fire. It is still good enough to keep, but this is disappointing.

I have further researched this. Kidde documents the interconnect issues in document 810-2172...
Published on January 21, 2008 by John L. Mills

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Features, but Inconvenient
Published on October 10, 2009 by Flamingo

4.0 out of 5 stars Interconnect is one way, January 21, 2008
This review is from: Kidde KN-COP-IC Hardwire Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Battery Backup and Digital Display, Interconnectable (Tools & Home Improvement)

[...]

I had a real CO problem at home December 2012. The level reported by the Kidde was pretty close to the VERY expensive meter the fire department had with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement, September 14, 2009
I purchased this unit as a replacement for one that went bad in my home. Its an exact duplicate to what I had previously and works the same. I got 7 years out of the previous one and hopefully I'll get the same or better on this new one. It arrived in new condition and they even supplied the battery backup.....as well as some nice little freebies too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hardwired CO detector, April 26, 2011
This is one of the few models out there that is hardwired with a parts per million(ppm)digital LED readout. This is the principal reason I purchased it. It also has a 9v battery backup (battery is included - a nice touch) and may be interconnected with similar system smoke alarms. Installation is easy and blends in with most contemporary decor.

Do note that the unit does have an irreversible end-of-life (product life, not your life) supervisory alarm that activates once the unit has been in service for seven (7) years. It cannot be reset, but it can be "hushed" for three days after it first trips. The idea is that during that time you run out and buy a replacement. The clock starts once you have powered it up for the first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CO detector, October 2, 2010
Jan A. Bergeron (The Villages, FL USA) - See all my reviews
I was having problems with the hard-wired CO and smoke detectors in my home and was searching for replacements. In doing some online research, I ended up calling Kidde (pronounced kid-ah, I found out), and had a nice, long, informative conversation with a very pleasant lady in customer service. We discussed all the pro's and con's of various units, and these detectors sounded like what I wanted. My existing detectors were First Alert, so in order to install the Kidde detectors without doing some rewiring, I needed to get adapters, which convert the wiring harness plug from First Alert to Kidde. Unfortunately, I could not get these from Amazon. The only adapter they offered was a package of two, one of each type, so you had to use one and throw the other one away. And there was a 2-week wait on those. That was the negative, but price-wise, Amazon couldn't be beat for the detectors, especially since I needed 2 CO detectors and 8 smoke detectors. The switch-over from the old detectors to the Kidde detectors was simple and fast. One thing I found out about the CO detectors is that they have a limited lifespan and need to be replaced every 4-5 years. Mine were 6 years old, which is probably why I had to replace the backup batteries about once a month. I had one that would continue to chirp even with a new battery, which is what prompted the replacement in the first place. I really like these new Kidde CO detectors because they have a digital display, which will show the level of CO if there is an alarm, and they will also show you when the battery needs to be replaced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kiddie Digital CO detector, August 25, 2008
Much better product than the firex's it replaced. Very easy to install. Digital readout is very easy to read. The detector alarm is louder than the firex. Battery backup is a must and this product has it. Very happy with this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Features, but Inconvenient, October 10, 2009
This detector has a nice set of features for a hard-wired CO detector, especially the digital display. But there are two annoying aspects to it. One: It's a chore to get at the backup battery, which you are supposed to replace every year. You have to unscrew it from the mount, disconnect the power connector, open a little door, then take the old battery out, then reverse those steps to put new one in. A simple front or side access battery compartment would have been easier. The second annoyance is the labeling of the two buttons. One is for test/reset, the other for checking peak recorded level of CO. The two buttons are identical and can only be distinguished by some tiny molded in type (white on white) that is so small you have to get on a step stool and put your face right up to it to read. They already have pad printed graphics on the housing, I can't believe it would have cost anything more to pad print the buttons and make them easier to read. Companies need to think more about usability.

1.0 out of 5 stars Interconnects Fine, May 9, 2014
I'm giving this one star solely because of the date of the model received (July 10, 2013) is almost a year old already when put in service new.

I used the Quick Connect Adapter (KA-B and KA-F) to replace existing mixed alarm system. As expected, once all ten ion, photoelectric and co detectors were Kidde branded the interconnected alarm feature worked. As an added feature the Kidde KN-COP-IC CO detector displays "Fire" during test. Although you do not need the Adapters if you don't mind rewiring I decided to purchase six of these as I could rewire 8 alarms (2 BRK 5919, 6 Firex various) more quickly and personally decided the approximately $25 cost was worth the time saving as some of these alarms were placed on both high and cathedral ceilings -- your mileage will vary. Two of the existing alarms were less than 10 years old and did not need to be replaced (i12040, 1275) and these as expected worked with the new CO detector, plus 3 P12040 and 4 i4618 smoke detectors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Alarm, Easy to Install, November 4, 2013
I bought this alarm to replace an older failing alarm that would randomly go off (usually in the middle of the night). I like that this has a digital readout so I can tell if it is a false alarm or if I really do need to evacuate the house. It installed very easily, having a 3-wire hookup for power and connection to other home alarms. It took me all of 15 minutes to screw the back of the alarm to the gang box, connect the wires, twist on the cover, and perform a quick test. I haven't had a false alarm since (crossing my fingers).

The only suggestion I have is to provide a place on the front plate where you can place a sticker or write the expiration date of the alarm. This alarm will stop functioning after 7 years and it is easy to forget even as you change the battery. I ended up taking a sharpie and writing the expiration info on the face, so when the alarm goes off in 7 years, I or the new owners of the house will know why.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, quality detector., January 27, 2013
I've purchased this model for myself, my mother, and a close friend, and they've all performed admirably. Only thing I don't really care for is the 7-year limit on the life of the detector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of Mind!!, April 30, 2011
Great product and great price. The county I live in requires hardwired CO detectors and I had to get two installed before I could close on my house. This was shipped quickly, the electrician installed it with no problems and the best part is I can read the digital display and know that we are safe.