Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on April 26, 2011
This is one of the few models out there that is hardwired with a parts per million(ppm)digital LED readout. This is the principal reason I purchased it. It also has a 9v battery backup (battery is included - a nice touch) and may be interconnected with similar system smoke alarms. Installation is easy and blends in with most contemporary decor.

Do note that the unit does have an irreversible end-of-life (product life, not your life) supervisory alarm that activates once the unit has been in service for seven (7) years. It cannot be reset, but it can be "hushed" for three days after it first trips. The idea is that during that time you run out and buy a replacement. The clock starts once you have powered it up for the first time.
on January 21, 2008
This is fine except that it doesn't fully communicate with the smoke alarms. If this detects CO the smoke alarms don't sound. If the smoke alarms detect smoke this will go off and say fire. It is still good enough to keep, but this is disappointing.

I have further researched this. Kidde documents the interconnect issues in document 810-2172.

[...]

I had a real CO problem at home December 2012. The level reported by the Kidde was pretty close to the VERY expensive meter the fire department had with them.
on October 2, 2010
I was having problems with the hard-wired CO and smoke detectors in my home and was searching for replacements. In doing some online research, I ended up calling Kidde (pronounced kid-ah, I found out), and had a nice, long, informative conversation with a very pleasant lady in customer service. We discussed all the pro's and con's of various units, and these detectors sounded like what I wanted. My existing detectors were First Alert, so in order to install the Kidde detectors without doing some rewiring, I needed to get adapters, which convert the wiring harness plug from First Alert to Kidde. Unfortunately, I could not get these from Amazon. The only adapter they offered was a package of two, one of each type, so you had to use one and throw the other one away. And there was a 2-week wait on those. That was the negative, but price-wise, Amazon couldn't be beat for the detectors, especially since I needed 2 CO detectors and 8 smoke detectors. The switch-over from the old detectors to the Kidde detectors was simple and fast. One thing I found out about the CO detectors is that they have a limited lifespan and need to be replaced every 4-5 years. Mine were 6 years old, which is probably why I had to replace the backup batteries about once a month. I had one that would continue to chirp even with a new battery, which is what prompted the replacement in the first place. I really like these new Kidde CO detectors because they have a digital display, which will show the level of CO if there is an alarm, and they will also show you when the battery needs to be replaced.
on September 14, 2009
I purchased this unit as a replacement for one that went bad in my home. Its an exact duplicate to what I had previously and works the same. I got 7 years out of the previous one and hopefully I'll get the same or better on this new one. It arrived in new condition and they even supplied the battery backup.....as well as some nice little freebies too.
on November 4, 2013
I bought this alarm to replace an older failing alarm that would randomly go off (usually in the middle of the night). I like that this has a digital readout so I can tell if it is a false alarm or if I really do need to evacuate the house. It installed very easily, having a 3-wire hookup for power and connection to other home alarms. It took me all of 15 minutes to screw the back of the alarm to the gang box, connect the wires, twist on the cover, and perform a quick test. I haven't had a false alarm since (crossing my fingers).

The only suggestion I have is to provide a place on the front plate where you can place a sticker or write the expiration date of the alarm. This alarm will stop functioning after 7 years and it is easy to forget even as you change the battery. I ended up taking a sharpie and writing the expiration info on the face, so when the alarm goes off in 7 years, I or the new owners of the house will know why.
on August 25, 2008
Much better product than the firex's it replaced. Very easy to install. Digital readout is very easy to read. The detector alarm is louder than the firex. Battery backup is a must and this product has it. Very happy with this product.
on April 30, 2011
Great product and great price. The county I live in requires hardwired CO detectors and I had to get two installed before I could close on my house. This was shipped quickly, the electrician installed it with no problems and the best part is I can read the digital display and know that we are safe.
on May 17, 2016
Have bought three of these now to replace existing, different model carbon monoxide alarms that have gone out in my 9 year old home. A base is included with the detector so I simply remove the old one, install the new base, connect the included wire harness, which almost perfectly fits my existing unit (close enough that it isn't coming out), and then screw the unit to the base. It's a 10 minutes job and these have been working flawlessly. I especially like that they have a digital display, unlike the old one.

Bottom line - Easy to install, nice digital display
on February 27, 2015
I ordered these along with some Dual Sensor alarms ( Kidde Pi9010) May 2014 and installed all of them in May. I was worried about false alarms based on some reviews, but I have not had any alarm or problem since they were activated. Installation was straight forward and all were new installations. I have some on the first floor, on the second floor and in the basement. Once installed I tested them using the test button and they all when off as they should. I have not gone through the process of testing with smoke and determining if one can identify which units started the Alarm. Something I should try I guess. I installed them on their own circuit as they should be so if there is a problem they can be shut off. So far I'm very happy with them I just hope they last a long as they should. At this point in time I would recommend and buy again.
on November 14, 2015
I bought this as a replacement for the one in my house. The original was 10+ years old and started beeping as a way to tell me it was done and please replace it. Replacing it was simple. This is a very good unit as far as i can tell.

I was confused once reading the display. I was on a ladder and the display said 97. I checked the owner's manual and it said something like any reading over 40ppm and you are dead. I started to panic and went back up on the ladder. It wasn't 97, it was lb for low battery i was reading it upside down!