Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe Microfleece, Large, Pink (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Soft fabric wings hug your baby close and stay securely in place with self-fasteners so baby stays comfortably swaddled all night long.
- As baby grows, wings adjust for a perfect, customized fit for your baby.
- Easy diaper changes! The leg pouch pops down for easy diaper checks with no need to unwrap baby's arms.
- SwaddleMe on the go! The harness access slit allows the SwaddleMe to be used in car seats and strollers.
- Birth to 3 monts
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Then I figured out that since her arms wake her, it would make sense to wrap her in something so she couldn't move them as much... so I started wrapping her in regular receiving blankets. It worked! It became much easier to get her to sleep. But then she wiggled out of those receiving blankets and wake up again.
When she was a little over a month old, somehow I came across SwaddleMe blankets on the Internet and immediately bought it. It worked like a charm! It was so easy to wrap my daughter in it, and it stayed put. My daughter started sleeping so much better!
I wish I found those blankets sooner - it would've saved me from so many sleepless nights!
I consider this blanket one of the most important baby items you could buy. It should be a must for a new mother who wants to get some sleep!
We hoped a blanket cut for swaddling with the velcro would be the solution...
However, two problems:
1. It doesn't fit properly and she works herself loose despite the velcro - the velcro contact patches are very small - there should be a broader strip of velcro to attach to so it is more adjustable. Our daughter is small, and it is just too big on her. She swims in it. We hope it will work better when she gets bigger.
2. Fleece - decent winter solution, but terrible in the summer. And terrible if you keep your house over 60 degrees. If only it came in a lighter material (we haven't found it).
Oh well... it definitely seems to work for some, so don't use our review as your only basis.
THAT BEING SAID, HOWEVER, we found two other options:
1) When our kids were very young (-> 1 month) we used a large waffle weave blanket from Target (~$5) and it worked wonderfully... we can wrap it tight, and she does work herself loose after about 3 hours, but it is better than any of the previous solutions.
2) the Amazing Miracle Blanket (another swaddling blanket), was our by far favorite swaddling blanket
One other note about swaddling - whenever she has been properly swaddled (usually by an expert) she loves it... We initially told some folks who have a lot of experience with children that she liked to have her arms loose. the response we got is that most babies behave that way, and it really is the small minority of babies that don't really like swaddling. Now that we know how to do it properly, we would agree.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
very good cover for children and it is big size and cover well not like other cover .. i like it and i recomanded to every mom :)Published 24 months ago by ShamsOman
One word: AMAZING! I swaddled my daughter from day 1 and she has always slept wonderfully. Anytime I wouldn't swaddle her, she would sleep for half the time. Read morePublished on January 8, 2013 by ProudMommy
I found this at a thrift store and almost didn't buy it - what a mistake that would have been!! I'm going to buy a large one now. This thing is an absolute lifesaver!! Read morePublished on September 24, 2011 by Connie
My daughter had one before that a friend passed down to us and she outgrew it. So I started searching Amazon for another one because she can't sleep without it! Read morePublished on June 1, 2011 by lovinit!
I have bought for my sister, who was born yesterday and is of great-looking, but it does not work in the summer because it is not made ''of cotton so it is too warm in the winterPublished on April 27, 2011 by ebtehal
This product is easier to use than the miracle blanket, but unfortunately also easy for the baby to break out of. Read morePublished on January 9, 2011 by Jen
These things are just great, a real essential for your new baby. I have two of them in organic cotton and one in microfleece in the smaller size and have just bought three more in... Read morePublished on November 13, 2010 by J. Schindler
Easy way to tighlty swaddle baby. My newborn is so distracted by her own hands - she can't sleep more than twenty minutes without this. Read morePublished on September 15, 2010 by RL4422