5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic swaddler - makes for a peaceful night's sleep
Published on July 28, 2005 by E. Demskis

2.0 out of 5 stars Try something else...
Published on December 29, 2005 by KSS

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic swaddler - makes for a peaceful night's sleep, July 28, 2005
This review is from: Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe Microfleece, Small, Ivory (Baby Product)
We began using the SwaddleMe wrap the day our son came home from the hospital. We have been so thrilled with this product, that we bought the lighter weight cottons ones for the summer and into the fall. Our son has been sleeping soundly through the night (8 hours) since he was 6 weeks old, and I credit that to the tight swaddle this wrap provides. Babies are less likely to wake up if they are snuggly wrapped and can't "startle" themselves with loose hands and legs. I trust this company so much, that I've gone ahead and ordered the Beddie Bye blankets for when he outgrows the SwaddleMe wraps. The wraps wash very well, just one word of caution - before putting the wrap in the washing machine, velcro it closed so that the velcro can't attach itself to other clothes in the washer or dryer. I forgot one time and managed to damage a knit outfit because the velcro created a bunch of pulls on it.

I HIGHLY recommend this product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby Straight Jacket! I LOVE IT, August 24, 2005
This is great. The only thing I dont like is that I dont like it up by their neck and worry about strangling so when I bring it down on the shoulders, although it is contoured, it doesnt always sit "right" .... all baby's are not contoured the same.

Michael loves to be swaddled and this does the trick. I bought 2 of them and we use each one 3 days in a row over PJs and then launder.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy the gingham instead!, December 1, 2006
I *LOVE* this product. It's a far better velcro swaddler than the other brands because it uses bigger patches of velcro. In comparison to a blanket, this is much easier to use and provides much more durable swaddles. I'm quite good with a blanket, but by six weeks of age, my son could wriggle out. On the other hand, at three months, he's never wriggled out of the cotton flannel Swaddleme.

However, even in cold weather, the microfleece is too hot. Several times I've felt under the blanket to find my son sweaty. It's even worse when we combine the swaddle with a sling. On the other hand, the cotton knit (solid colors) blankets are too stretchy - my son quickly converts his knit Swaddleme into a toga, leaving both arms flying free. The cotton flannel (gingham prints) has less stretch than the other two fabrics, and plenty enough cover to keep a baby warm at indoor temperatures. It is trickier to find, but worth the search.

The microfleece Swaddleme does, however, make a great non-swaddle blanket on cold days, particularly when the baby is in a front carrier. The velcro is quite versatile.

2.0 out of 5 stars Try something else..., December 29, 2005
For a young infant who isn't active, the SwaddleMe is a nice alternative to traditional receiving blankets. However, if you have a wiggler, this item isn't going to help. Our baby lasted in this swaddler for maybe three weeks until he figured out how to kick out of it. Once he got his legs free, he'd wiggle around until the material was bunched up around his neck--not a very comforting sight. So, we bought "The Amazing Miracle Blanket." It was truly amazing--it's practically impossible for a young infant to even loosen the material let alone get out of it. Baby started sleeping in the Miracle Blanket at 8 weeks and immediately was down for 7 to 8 hours at a stretch. We finally had to put it up when, at 5 months, he no longer needed, or wanted, to be swaddled. It's $29.99, but worth every penny. They have a website--[...] Also, the SwaddleMe uses velcro, which is ridiculously loud when you're trying to quietly change baby in the middle of the night.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice blanket, but..., November 4, 2005
Grass Tiger (Wadsworth, IL United States) - See all my reviews
When preparing to have our first child I bought one of each kind of swaddle, not knowing what we would like the best. We've also tried the standard 'receiving' blanket and some nice stretchy ones. This one we liked the least. My baby wiggles a lot when settling for sleep and every time she moved she would hear the velcro coming apart a little and it would bother her. She had a very hard time falling asleep in it. The Miracle blanket works best for her because it does a better job at keeping her arms down than others and doesn't have noisy velcro on it. I've also tried the sleep sacks. As she's getting more and more arm control I'm finding that she is slowly liking the "Halo Sleep Sack" better, but at night she still needs her arms confined. I also like the sleep sack idea because it is only one layer of blanket (where this SwaddleMe is two in the front when closed. The other thing I didn't like about the SwaddleMe or the Miracle Blanket is that with my baby's wiggling she invariably ends up with a gap between the feet sack and the top part and since we tend to use t-shirts rather than onsies her belly gets exposed and cold. So, I wouldn't recommend this for an active, noise sensitive baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is WONDERFUL!!!!, June 5, 2005
Colorado Sea Lover (Highlands Ranch, CO) - See all my reviews
As a mom of a 4 day old all I can say is this thing is letting me sleep!!! Even though my baby was almost 4 weeks early he is very strong and kicks his legs and arms a lot. We could not (and neither could the hospital nurses) swaddle him tight enough in a receiving blanket so he would sleep longer then an hour. My mom brought this to me in the hospital (it was on my registry) and it works great!!! He does kick but has yet to kick his way out of it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have for Baby and Parent!!!!!!!!!, December 3, 2004
My wife and I just recently had our first baby and like so many of you out there, wanted the best for our son and was suckered into buying every product known to man. Ironically, we did not buy the Swaddle Me wrap because I thought it looked silly and would be useless, I mean how many babies need swaddling anyway? This was the "first time dad" stupidity and lack of experience talking.

Luckily, friends bought this for us and told us that we would soon learn that this would become our bestfriend and lifesaver. Boy were they mindreaders! A blanket is a joke to swaddle a newborn in. Our son broke free almost instantly. I swear only a skilled nurse can wrap them as tight as they needed to be. I thought they were taught this trick to fool us into thinking that we all had such quiet babies so that you would leave the hospital as quick as possible, before you learned otherwise!

One night I suggested that we try that "wrap thing" to see if it would work, a last ditch effort I thought. Holy Cow! This wrap is amazing!!!!! Yes your child will look like a human PEZ but hey, who cares as long as their happy!

Our son now sleeps peacefully through the night and I am buying a larger size (4-6 months)for him since he is growing out of the newborn size. Buy it and you will sleep like you did before you had your baby, I promise!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had bought it sooner!, March 11, 2005
We love the "swaddle me" blanket. I read so much about swaddling and how it is supposed to calm your baby, but I could never get my "swaddles" to stay. Our 5-week old son would always wiggle out of our "baby burritos", so we eventually gave up on tryng them, even with the blankets we took home from the hospital. Then, I saw the Swaddle Me and decided to give it a try.

The first night, he slept for over 7 hous straight! I had to run to his room every so often to make sure he was ok because I didn't hear a peep out of him. Since then, he's been sleeping through the night almost every night. This product is well worth the money -- I plan on buying one for some friends that are expecting this year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! A Must Have!, July 8, 2005
I frequently read reviews here but never have had a product that was so great that I felt compelled to write one. My 5 weeks old son is very sensitive and overstimulated easily and the only way to calm him down is to swaddle him (tip we got from The Happiest Baby on the Block...I'd definitely recommend that book too). He is a big guy...12.5 pounds and 23 inches...and we were having trouble finding a blanket that was large enough that we could swaddle him without him wiggling out. I read about the Swaddleme and decided to purchase one since they were on sale. It is wonderful! We used it last night during his fussy period so that he could calm down and it was like he was a different baby! He smiled and cooed instead of screamed and cried! Then we put him in it when it was time for bed and he fell right asleep and slept for 6 hours!! (he usually sleeps for 2 1/2 to 3 hours at a time before he stretches and startles himself) We have the fleece Swaddleme and although some reviewers have said that it is too warm for their babies, it worked out great for us. We have the A/C on in the house at about 72 degrees and just put him in a onesie then swaddled him. He was very comfortable.

The one downside is that there is very little room to adjust it to fit your baby because there are only small patches where the velcro will stick. We are using a size small which is supposed to be for babies 7-14 lbs and 19-26 in. long and it just fits him. It works out fine for him since the swaddle should be snug but I would think that for babies on the smaller end of that scale that it might be a little loose and not as effective until they fill out a bit.

That being said, I am definitely going to go buy a few more so that we have another one for when this one is in the wash and a few in the larger size. I am also going to buy one for my friend who has a preemie as they come in a preemie size as well. Wish I had this sooner! Much easier and more secure that swaddling with a blanket. I plan to make it part of every baby shower gift I give going forward!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best gift I received!!, May 1, 2005
Gina P (Indiana, USA) - See all my reviews
I cannot say enough about this blanket!! My daughter is 2 months old now and has been sleeping through the night since she was 6 weeks and I know it is because of her "bedtime suit" as we call it. There have been a few nights she's wiggled herself out of it and is awake instantly but I just put her back in and she's sleeping again. It is wonderful and I would recommend it to anyone!!

Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe Microfleece, Small, Ivory