5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a booster seat
Published on July 5, 2011 by BeckyW

3.0 out of 5 stars Skid-proof, but not throw-proof.
Published on August 7, 2012 by Brazilian Jazzaholic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a booster seat, July 5, 2011
This is perfect for a toddler that has just moved from a highchair to a booster at a table. We put the smooth part touching the table and the bumpy part on top. It keeps bowls and plates from sliding around, but doesn't suction to the place mat like others do. I like this better because then she can tip the bowl to get cereal out, etc. The place mat also doesn't slide around (we have a wood table). Very easy to clean; just throw it in the top rack of the dishwasher. Definitely worth what we paid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Skid-proof, but not throw-proof., August 7, 2012
I bought 2 of these Kidkusion mats (1 here on Amazon): One to put on our dining table for use with a booster-style chair, and the other to put in the tray of my then-7 month-old daughter's Fisher-Price space-saver high chair. (Since Fisher-Price repeatedly refuses to state whether its high-chair trays are BPA-free and thus safe for babies). These mats initially worked very well, when we were just introducing our baby girl to solid foods and self-feeding. I preferred using the mats with the smooth side down, which was tacky enough to stick to our wood table or high chair tray without slipping; and the nubby side would help my daughter to get a grip on her food. Plus, these mats are made of non-toxic TPR, which is BPA-, PVC- and phthalate-free, so I felt much better about my little-one eating food off them than off of my wood table (which I'm pretty sure is finished with NON-baby-safe varnish) and the mystery plastic of her high chair. (NOTE: If you have a high chair that has 1 or 2 cup holders, like the Fisher-Price brand, these mats will not fit around them, so you'll have to cut the mats to fit around the cup-holders. But this doesn't affect how well they work).

But alas, my satisfaction with these mats was not to last. As soon as my baby girl's manual dexterity developed and she perfected her pincer-grip, she quickly figured out how to pick this mat up at the edges, peel/pull it off, and throw it -- and all of the food & utensils on it -- on to the floor. In fact, it became a very fun game for her! (Not so fun for Mom & Dad). It's such a shame because this item is, in all other respects, a good one. It's just that it REALLY could have benefited from a couple of suction cups to make it more difficult for curious toddlers to pull off.

Grade: B-

4.0 out of 5 stars Stains but worth it, April 6, 2013
This review is from: Kidkusion 15" X 11" Gummi Mat, Blue (Baby Product)
The silicone material has absorbed various food colors - mostly stuff like spaghetti sauce and will not come out no matter how much I wash it. BUT, we have a round dining table so we needed this. Easy to wash and totally worth it if you don't mind the stains.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and made in the USA, November 19, 2012
This review is from: Kidkusion 15" X 11" Gummi Mat, Blue (Baby Product)
We bought this for my son when he started eating finger foods to use at restaurants; we loved that it was safe, reusable, and made in the USA. He soon learned how to pick it up, which would toss anything on top of it, so for a while we just used the disposable adhesive mats when we went out to eat. However, we started using it again when he moved from a highchair to a booster chair at our kitchen table, and we use this for every meal.

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems ok but child picks it up, March 22, 2012
I got this mat with hopes that it would help my daughter pick up pieces of food. All it has done is given her a toy to play with at meal time. She pickes it up and waves it around and eventually throws it on the floor. Needless to say this creates a mess if there is food already on it. Oh well...

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as thick as I'd imagined, November 12, 2011
Mat is slip-proof as long as your toddler doesn't just pick it up and throw it. I thought it would be a little heavier/thicker material, but it seems to do its job. Would love a mat like this with suction cups that would stick to wood, but that doesn't seem possible, so this will do.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome little mat, May 25, 2013
We bought this to go on our table as a kind of tray for our little guy. The high chair we have pulls up to the table without a tray and this has worked perfect for us as a tray substitute

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but not great., January 1, 2012
I think its expensive for what it is and the bumpy side doesn't work too well for keeping the food from sliding around when little fingers try to grasp it.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... use for the past 2 years and we've been pretty pleased with it, October 11, 2014
We've had this mat in use for the past 2 years and we've been pretty pleased with it. The only issue is that as it ages, it gets tackier and tackier and the material degrades such that rubbing it with a towel results in the material starting to flake off. I guess that's true with anything that gets old and it washed on a daily basis. We'd definitely buy another one, though, so don't let that put you off.

5.0 out of 5 stars lasts, June 25, 2014
We own two of these. They are great. Durable. Easy to wipe and continue to last. We have used them for over two years now with no signs of wear.

Kidkusion 15" X 11" Gummi Mat, Blue