Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on June 16, 2011
The Little Tuffies trucks are NOT the same as the $1 toys that can be purchased in bins at Target, Toys R Us, and other big box retailers. Those cheaper trucks look the same, but are not made by the same manufacturer as Little Tuffies. I purchased four of the $1 trucks about a month ago from Target and one has already developed a broken wheel from simply being dropped onto the floor from a toddler's height. The Little Tuffies trucks last much longer and are more durable; a set purchased 18 months ago has never broken despite being used by the same kids (i.e. my kids). I thought the replica trucks would be good to take on our beach vacation as I wouldn't care if they became lost, but I'm going to simply take the Little Tuffies because I don't want to have toys that break on the first day of play.
on May 14, 2013
I bought these toys as a lightweight easy to pack option for a beach vacation. The have fast become the favorite toy for both my son and daughter, 2 year old twins. These just seem the perfect size, easy to pick up with one hand, light enough to not hurt anything when tossed around and yet large enough for little hands to make all the working parks "work". They even were just small enough to play with in their lap on the plane.

They now practically live in my front yards flower bed, where they work daily at loading up each other with dirt, twigs and cherished rocks and moving them around the yard. the bucket tilts up and lifts the dump truck dumps and the concrete mixer can be filled up and dumps as well.
Occasionally the main movable part pops off under heavy play but is easily popped back in to place and seems to be no worse for wear even after doing it many times over the last 2+ months.

Big bonus for me is that they rinse off really well and dont really have anywhere to trap dirt or water too much. so filth sloshing around inside spaces, yippee! They would even work just fine as water toys.

These have been solid winners with major staying power as favorite toys and the durability to take it.
review image
on September 14, 2006
These trucks are great - they are simply made, but nearly indestructible. My son is 16 months old and he drops them, throws them, bites them and has a lot of fun, with little visible wear and tear.

BUT the best thing is that they were so cheap - found them in a big bin at Toys R Us for $1 each (3 bucks for all three). Check around first on pricing....
22 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2006
Just got these for my son's 1st birthday to go with his Crabbie Sandbox. Perfect size for a little sandbox and little hands. Like other reviews say, "good cheap trucks." However, you can get them @ ToysRUs for $1.50 each.... Look with all the sand toys.
on June 21, 2009
My son absolutely loves these trucks, the first day we got them, he went to play in the sand with them. But then I saw exact same toys at walgreens for soo much cheaper. This was a rip-off. Otherwise, happy with the toys, it keeps my son occupied.
on January 3, 2008
The 2-year-old loved them, loved being able to handle them with ease and loved that he had something he could manage without help from his 4-year-old brother. They seem to be pretty durable and take abuse easily.
on June 30, 2009
My son got these for his 2 year birthday and he absolutely LOVES them. He is Cars and train obsessed and these still are one of his favorite things to play with. I bought them specifically for outdoor play so these are what to go the park, sandbox, and pool. The sandbox is the favorite venue for the trucks and he'll sit there for an hour just playing with them.

They are plastic but very durable. They've been crushed under the stroller, thrown, dropped.. the cement mixer part pops off the easiest, but it goes back on just as easily. No cracking after 5 months of hard play.

Not only that, but they are very cheap. I got these at Toys R Us in pack for $10. Not as good as some have said, but it's still totally worth it for all the hours of enjoyment he's had.
on December 29, 2014
One thing you cannot quite see from this picture is that the trucks are not fully closed on the far side. This makes them softer, but I'm waiting to see how they hold up over a month's time. The feel is nice: soft, textured plastic. The child would not be able to be cut on these, I think, if they were to fall on them or mouth them. Nice size for toddler hands. Wheels move nicely. Rolls on hard surfaces; not so much on carpet, but toddler doesn't care. Realistic look. They were not what I was expecting (expecting some sort of plastic Tonka trucks), but, after a couple of days, I saw they were a better option for toddlers.
on May 15, 2015
My 2 year old loves these! They handle well and are very durable. She plays with them primarily in the house, but due to their size we take them to the park as well...these would also be an excellent choice for sandbox toys. They are a perfect size for little hands. They are a hard plastic but not like the cheap dollar store kind that bends up. All in all, I think these were a great deal and would buy again.
on March 11, 2010
I bought this for my 11 month old an returned it the next day. My child's fingers twice got stuck in cement mixer cab. He simply grasped the toy from the top and pushed it around the floor. The window of the cab is big enough for fingers to go inside, but too small for them to come out. After 10 minutes, he had done this twice, both times resulting in pain and a lot of crying. This toy is not good for little hands.