4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy - like 5 toys in one!
Published on November 27, 2008 by K. Grecu

1.0 out of 5 stars No OFF button!!!
Published on April 3, 2012 by mmoua

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy - like 5 toys in one!, November 27, 2008
This review is from: Kidoozie Super Shapes Dump Truck (Toy)
Although my kids have gotten their hand stuck once or twice in the truck, it really wasn't a big deal. I just helped them open their hand and pull it out. Honestly, I never thought about it twice because this is really a great toy. My son got it for his 1st birthday and still plays with it at four years because it's so many toys in one: a truck with a driver, a shape sorter, a "dump truck" of sorts (back opens up), a handyman toy (buttons are in tool shape and make corresponding sounds). The little shapes expand to animals, which is my son's favorite feature. The only downside is that after 3 years of extensive use, they are starting to get stuck, but the rest of the truck still works great, while I've probably thrown away every other toy he's had since age one.
I recommend this toy and would give it to a friend's kid myself.

1.0 out of 5 stars No OFF button!!!, April 3, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Kidoozie Super Shapes Dump Truck (Toy)
I bought this toy due to the good ratings from other customers. Warning: sometimes good ratings do not mean the toy is any good. Turns out, this toy has NO OFF switch. There is only one function and that is to be ON all the time. I like how it makes noises every time you stick a shape in its hole or press a button, but it's completely annoying that I cannot turn off the thing and have my baby play quietly. Sometimes quiet play is needed but this toy does NOT allow that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Random, weird little toy, that my 10 month old LOVES, September 9, 2014
A. Graham (East Lyme, CT) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kidoozie Super Shapes Dump Truck (Toy)
My baby loves intricate toys, so I purposely buy him toys that are for older children and supervise him. This toy is weird; it's a dump truck with tool buttons that makes sounds, and shapes that, when a button is pressed/released, pop into animals (like baby transformers). It's an unusual combination, but that's what makes it great-- there is so much to keep the baby distracted! He tries to put the shapes in the holes, and gets sounds, but then he accidentally presses the release on one of the shapes and gets an animal. He can also press the buttons strategically placed all over the truck and get different sounds and music. He loves carrying the shapes around and repeatedly setting off their mechanisms. Regarding no OFF button, that is true, but the baby has to trigger it for any sounds. I personally don't mind that, but if it's unbearable to you, it's just one simple screw away from having the batteries removed. I have three different toys from Kidoozie, and they have consistently been my baby's favorite toys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for my nephew to play with it!, March 9, 2013
This review is from: Kidoozie Super Shapes Dump Truck (Toy)
I bought this for my nephew's first birthday, and I think I was having more fun pushing the buttons than he will actually playing with it. It comes with a whole variety of shapes to sort, but as he gets older he can actually use it as a dump truck because the bed lifts and dumps! It's a great product, and I would recommend it to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars UNIQUE, April 5, 2013
This review is from: Kidoozie Super Shapes Dump Truck (Toy)
My son (10 month old) thinks this is great. So do we. It is an odd combo - 1. a dump truck, 2. the little shapes are animals (a bird, turtle, elephant and a fish) that you push a little button on each and it opens into the animal and you push the pieces back in so that they fit into the dump truck and 3. it actually plays a couple lovely songs! It also makes the sounds of a saw, jackhammer,etc when you push that button. There is no off switch, but this is not annoying as the songs are short and the others sounds only play when the button is pushed. This is not an obnoxious loud either. I do recommend this toy! It is something my son will grow into. ie: right now he can not push the animals pieces back in, but he can make them pop out. He puts all the shapes into the hexagon instead of the correct shape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 3 years so far; new sprout also loves it, August 12, 2008
This review is from: Kidoozie Super Shapes Dump Truck (Toy)
We got this toy for our now-just-4-years-old son on his first birthday. He immediately played with it. Not only does have a very satisfying rolling action when pushed across carpet, tool-shaped buttons that make relevant tool noises when you push them, and a lever for lifting the dumping part up and therefore dumping the contents, but the shapes are individually good for playing with the truck or for tossing in a diaper bag, purse, pocket, or stroller to take a long as individual toys because:
- they hold up well to chewing, can't be swallowed, and can be held in little uncoordinated hands
- can be flipped out into various animals by using the cleverly disguised and--largely--unbreakable switches (a trunk and tail flip out of the square to create an elephant when you wiggle the semi-circle ear on the square). Our oldest calls the hexagon his "switch-turtle" and still plays with it, now using it in his stories and imaginary play.
- can be operated by parents to provide lasting amusement to children under the age of 18 months who may have trouble operating them on their own

We are getting this for our niece, the same age as our new boy (now 10 months) as the switch-turtle and switch-elephant (hexagon and square) were a huge hit when we recently traveled to visit, and our youngest just loves the truck. Oh, and he figured out months ago how to push the two buttons right up front (one of which is under the driver, so when you push on him or it, it's activated) to play music and/or engine noises.

Neither of our boys have had the the getting-hands-stuck problem that the other reviewer had, but I can see how it would happen and would be a big concern. If you're worried about that, you could use the shapes as individual toys, and then bring out the truck later when little hands are bigger, or just play with the child when you bring it out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Endless Entertainment, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Kidoozie Super Shapes Dump Truck (Toy)
My 10 month old son recently received this truck as an early Christmas present, and it stole his attention away from the wrapping paper and boxes, now that is love! As the other reviewers have said, this truck provides a number of toys in one.

He really loves all of the sounds the truck makes (horn that honks, engine sound when you put the driver in the seat, and there are buttons around the truck in the shape of tools that make corresponding noises when pushed), and he crawls everywhere with the driver in his hand. I was also amazed when my son actually learned to put the shapes inside the holes on the top of this toy! I do wish that all of the shape sorting holes were on the top of the truck, versus having two on the truck sides that my son can't find. Hopefully as he gets older he will discover and understand where the other two holes are, right now he it just leads to frustration because he can't figure out why the square won't fit!!

He also loves the individual shapes and the fact that they morph into animals at the press of a button. The one downside to this is that after only a couple of weeks worth of wear the shapes morph into animals too easily, making it so they don't fit in the holes anymore. I think this is related to the durability issues other reviewers mentioned.

I have not had any issues with my son's hands getting stuck, but since I read that in a number of reviews I now know to look out for that! Overall I think my son would say this one is worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dump truck, March 19, 2014
This review is from: Kidoozie Super Shapes Dump Truck (Toy)
My little grandson love this thing. He's only 10 months old, but he already knows where to put some of the shapes and he knows how to get them out once they're in there. He plays with this every day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Dump Truck, August 24, 2010
This review is from: Kidoozie Super Shapes Dump Truck (Toy)
The truck has lots of fun features such as different tool sounds and movable parts that my son loves to play with. He especially loves the morphing shapes.

5.0 out of 5 stars The fun grows with your child, June 30, 2010
This review is from: Kidoozie Super Shapes Dump Truck (Toy)
At 1 year old my son adored the little shapes and was amazed by their ability to pop out into animal forms. By pushing in a button, or sliding a toggle, or turning a tab each geometric shape unleashes a tail & ears or fins or a head to reveal that it was a fish, turtle, bird or elephant in hiding. He played with these transforming blocks for at least a month before he took interest in the truck. Then he made use of the truck: pushing it, spinning the wheels, trying out all the buttons that make construction sounds and dancing to the songs. At almost 16 months he is becoming aware of the shape sorting features. He still loves carrying around the transformers but now makes use of the rest of this ingenious truck's activities.
I bought one as a gift after seeing how much my son loved it and the recipient's mom swears by it as well!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›