Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on August 13, 2011
I puchased this game today and was not disappointed. I think Sonic Boom did a fine job putting this together. All 4 games use a standard deck of cards to play with. The cards themselves are very clear and easy to read. Each game plays in a timely manner with no lagging on Kindle's part. There are no complicated control moves to learn. I have played each of the games and they all play the way we all learned how to play them when we were kids.
In OLD MAID you play with 3 Kindle players and always draw a card from player 4 who is the player on the right. As always the one left with the joker is the loser.
In GO FISH you can choose to play with either 1 or 3 kindle players (3 is more fun) and the first one to get rid of all their cards wins the game.
In WAR you play with only 1 kindle player. Both of you lay down a card and the player with the high card takes the pair. After a while this game can get a little tedious if no one seems to be getting most of the pairs.
In CRAZY EIGHTS you play with 3 kindle players. First player to get rid of all his cards wins. You can play cards either by the same suit or by the same number.
As I said earlier I am happy with this game and would recommend it to all. Hopefully Sonic Boom can come up with another game that has card games for all us grown-ups too!
VINE VOICEon August 18, 2011
I'm looking at this on the same day I looked at POGO Hearts, Spades and More!. Both programs are reasonably well done, but games are different.

Kids Classics: War, Crazy 8's, Go Fish, Old Maid
POGO Hearts: Hearts, Spades, Euchre, Gin, Canasta

Both games have well drawn art to accompany the games.
Neither game has multiplayer support.
In POGO, cards can be selected with letter keys or the selector. In Kids Classics, only the selector can select cards.

If you like these particular games, I can recommend the program.
on July 8, 2012
I enjoy playing Crazy 8's to pass the time, but unfortunately there is a bug where occasionally you are only dealt 7 cards, but the game behaves as though you have an invisible 8th card. This means you get stuck in a cycle where you can't play a card, can't pass (because it thinks you have a card to play), and can't draw (if the deck is empty). The only option is to quit the game and start over.

I've also noticed strange behavior from the computer players, such as playing 8's over jokers, or playing 8's to change the suit to what it already was.

If these items were fixed it would be five stars for sure, because otherwise it's a great game.
on September 3, 2012
cant make your own choices except in crazy Eights and sometimes it doesnt register when you win game just continues.needs updates or something
on January 6, 2012
Item is great idea, however if buying for your child, or for a kindle touch, this game is not compatible, and you will need to cancel order to get a refund. I didn't find that out until it was too late. Just an FYI.
on March 20, 2013
We have enjoyed playing this, there are a couple of glitches but nothing that can't be overlooked! Would recommend to anyone!
on February 28, 2013
I got to play games I had not played in years. Fun for just about any age. This game was worth getting.
on February 19, 2013
my four year old loves it and it helps with his learning and understang and numbers to help him out
on December 25, 2014
Good games.
on March 4, 2012
The game shows what card to play. I want to figure it out myself. That is the reason I dont like it.