‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars best ever!!!!, June 18, 2006
This review is from: Kids Gone Fishin' (The Freshwater Angler) (Paperback)
I got this book for Christmas when I was 10. I am 13 now and i still look it over when I have spare time. Whenever I read it, I have the Urge to go fishing. It shows in picturs and words how to tie a not, cast, filet a fish, what kind of lures to use on what fish, and a TON more. it is very easy for little kids to understand and older people too. It also tells you what size hook and what pound test to use. this is my favorite book EVER!!!!!!!!!!! you should buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know to get started, March 15, 2006
This review is from: Kids Gone Fishin' (The Freshwater Angler) (Paperback)
I checked this out from the local library, and may just order a copy. Of all the fishing books I've seen, this is one of the best resources. The information is on target and the pictures are great!

The beginning of the book goes through common fish with the fish located on a map of North America. Next the book reviews basic tackle in a very practical way. If you know what kind of fish you want to catch, it will tell you what size hook, size of line, bait or lures to use! Then the book shows you how to set up a line, how to cast, where to cast, how to tell when you have a bite, how to hook it, how to land it, and how to clean it. Everything but how to cook it! Every page has a great picture or chart to help explain.

Great fishing guide!

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect starter book, June 5, 2009
This review is from: Kids Gone Fishin' (The Freshwater Angler) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my son's 9th birthday, to add to his fishing-related presents. The reviews I read were right on about its being a useful basic reference, and my son read the book cover to cover before purchasing his rod and lures. With every catch he grabs the book to identify his fish and then the tables to check its weight and age.

This book is well-written, and informative enough for adults while being simple enough for kids to follow. There are sections on equipment, techniques, maps for common fish, and of course the fish identification. There's information on preferred habitats and fish feeding habits which my son found fascinating. There are plenty of pictures and illustrations and the layout is very clean. The book itself is small enough to put in the tackle box, and the pages were heavier weight paper than I expected (and glossy, so a little moisture hasn't wrecked it).

All in all, this was exactly the book we needed and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kids book, December 1, 2010
Got this book for my son, who was 5 at the time. great book for kids
I myself have picked up some good tips. It makes fishing more interesting to kid.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best fishing book for kids, December 13, 2008
B. Hill (Lino Lakes, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kids Gone Fishin' (The Freshwater Angler) (Paperback)
My son got this from his aunt and uncle becaues they knew how much he loved to fish. He was 5 years old at the time turnign 6. He cannot read this book enough. He looks through the pages over and over. Even I look at it to remind myself what the best method is for tying a hook on, etc... It is great book with great photos and well written. My son loves it. I am looking for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids age 10 and 13 love this book., March 12, 2013
This review is from: Kids Gone Fishin' (The Freshwater Angler) (Paperback)
This is a very basic fishing book for children. My kids love that it tells what bait to use, and where to find each type of fish. It also tells how and where to cast and how to tie knots. They spent a lot of time reviewing it. For a young beginner, this is a must have. It's easy for children to read and follow. Nice fishing book to add to your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book for beginners, February 24, 2013
LRS (LITTLE ROCK, AR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kids Gone Fishin' (The Freshwater Angler) (Paperback)
Ordered this book to include in my granddaughter's birthday present so we can go fishing this Spring. It fits the bill perfectly. Simple directions of the basics to get her started.

5.0 out of 5 stars kid's gone fishin, May 1, 2012
This is a terrific book for children on fresh lake fishing. I purchased it for my grandson who is four and he just loves the book and will not put it down. The book is only a week old and the pages look like he's had it for years. The book has all the info a child would need to go fishing (and few things an adult might need to know) photos of different types of fish,what areas of the country you will find them, how to tie on your hook, take a fish off and release...etc. We could not leave the house on our first fishing trip without the book. I am going to order a few more for gifts for my great-nephews. This was one of my best finds on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, December 3, 2010
This review is from: Kids Gone Fishin' (The Freshwater Angler) (Paperback)
We bought this for our son for Christmas so he hasn't gotten it yet but my husband and I couldn't put it down. There are great tips like which hook to use to catch certain fish, where to fish, how to cast farther, tie knots and tons more. It's also very easy to read and has sturdy pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars informative, December 6, 2012
This review is from: Kids Gone Fishin' (The Freshwater Angler) (Paperback)
I know nothing about fishing and yet I could understand this book! A friend who does fish thought this book was great for novices and the experienced.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Kids Gone Fishin' (The Freshwater Angler)
Kids Gone Fishin' (The Freshwater Angler) by Dave Maas (Paperback - February 1, 2001)
$12.99 $11.40