4.0 out of 5 stars Math game for my 9 year old daughter
Published on November 17, 2011 by Robert Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars Potential, but NOT for first graders!
My son is in first grade and is a great reader. While reading comes naturally to him, math does not. He is getting along fine, but when I saw this game, labeled for first through fourth grade, I thought it might give him extra practice and more ease with math while being disguised as a DS game.

I have spent a little time with him trying this game out today...
Published on February 1, 2012 by Kellie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Potential, but NOT for first graders!, February 1, 2012
This review is from: Kids Learn Math: A+ Edition - Nintendo DS (Video Game)

I have spent a little time with him trying this game out today. While I didn't want to help him too much so I don't skew his results in the game, I could see right away that this is certainly not for a first grader. In the Exercises section under addition at the easiest level, he was asked to add 20 + 38. In his head. I quickly went over some of the other activities but all were clearly way out of the range of a first grader.

I think this can be a great learning tool for the proper age group, I am just not sure what age that would be. Maybe it would be more appropriate to start around fourth grade for easy. Take this into consideration before buying as the age recommendation is so out of range.

4.0 out of 5 stars Math game for my 9 year old daughter, November 17, 2011
This review is from: Kids Learn Math: A+ Edition - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I was looking for a game that can also help my 9 year old daughter improve her math skills. This game meets the entire math curriculum in grade 4 and she enjoys playing/learning with her DS. It makes learning more fun for her and she can keep track of how well she does. More importantly, I can keep track of her progress. I am looking forward to her report card this Christmas.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great game but VERY hard, February 22, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Kids Learn Math: A+ Edition - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I bought this to help my 1st grader and I read some reviews that made this sound great. I will say it is great but it is very hard. I would not recommend for early ages. I was expecting easy flash card addition or subtraction 6+4, 9+9, etc) but on easy level it is 56+12, 97+5, etc. Way to hard for little kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally A Math Game My Son Enjoys and Understands!, November 3, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Kids Learn Math: A+ Edition - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I cannot say enough about this math game for my child. He engaged with the math problems and puzzles right away. I bought it for him as he was having troubles with his math homework and understanding what he was suppose to do. He found the game challenging and he began understanding the concepts right away. We work on the problems and mini games together (it is helping me with my math skills as well). What better time to spend time with your kids when they are learning and having fun at the same time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good educational game for kids, March 14, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Kids Learn Math: A+ Edition - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
This is an excellent game for teaching and reinforcing math skills, but it may not be suitable for all children. My 7 yr old daughter liked it initially, but found some of the activities too challenging since she hasn't learned how to work those problems yet at school, and her attention span is still a bit short.

Highly recommended, but only if your child is the type that is happy to sit and work through problems without getting frustrated when things aren't easy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, January 6, 2012
Susan (Nicholson, GA United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Kids Learn Math: A+ Edition - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
The cover of this game states it teaches 1st thru 4th grade math skills, but as other reviewers have noted it is really only appropriate for 3rd and above. I also found that the drag component didn't work well and that it was difficult to play as a result. I thought this game was really lousy and certainly not appropriate for 1st-2nd graders. Took it back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, January 2, 2012
This review is from: Kids Learn Math: A+ Edition - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I bought this for my 6 yr old nephew. He had a blast playing with it. It does have reading involved for directions, so if I hadn't been there, he wouldn't have know what to do. But, overall, he really liked playing the games. Different levels are involved-from easy to difficult.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, January 5, 2012
This review is from: Kids Learn Math: A+ Edition - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
This game makes math fun. My daughter has built lots
Of confidence in doing math thanks to this game. She
Loves playing it! It's awesome for any kid whether they
Need help in math or not.

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult for Young End of the Recommended Ages, January 3, 2012
This review is from: Kids Learn Math: A+ Edition - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
This will be a game that my child will grow into. She loves to play it, but is not able to do much with it right now without any help. Even the easiest addition involves adding 2 digit numbers, which are also laid out in a horizontal line. Putting them vertically over one another makes it much easier for a child to do the math in their head. However, overall, this game has many different aspects that will be great learning tools.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shovel-ware - Just a re-packaged out-of-date lame software, May 13, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Kids Learn Math: A+ Edition - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
This was an extreme disappointment. I purchased this for my nine year old, hoping he could spend some of his time on his DS learning something. Unfortunately, the mini games were extremely simplistic and out of date.
To begin with, this game seems to just be a re-package of the original Kids Learn Math that was probably made for the GBA system. The controls were nearly all buttons and those were inconsistent with the standard Nintendo use of the buttons. What little touch screen interaction existed was extremely poor. In one case, we were trying to enter answers by writing the numbers on the touch screen. Even being very careful with the writing, it would take me 5-7 tries before it would recognize one number. The quality of the animation was poor. It obviously had not been updated either.
This game only got a few plays before being send to the `trade it in' pile. I can say I blame him.
I really hate it when a company tries to pass off an old piece of software by putting it in a new box. Especially when it was never any good in the first place.
Save your money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Kids Learn Math: A+ Edition - Nintendo DS
Kids Learn Math: A+ Edition - Nintendo DS by Talking Stick Games (Nintendo DS)
$19.99 $18.19