Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: G & F 10012 JustForKids Garden Tools Set with Tote, hand rake, shovel, trowel
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Style Name: 3 Piece Tool SET w Tote|Change
Price:$7.12+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on April 12, 2008
I don't own this yet, but thought I'd leave a note here saying that the "Child of the World" catalog of products for Montessori schools (I've just been perusing their latest catalog) lists this as their choice for an excellent gardening set for ages 3-6. UPDATE OCT 23, 2008: I wrote the first part of this review Apr. 12, 2008. Shortly after that, I ordered this for my 3-year-old, and she spent the entire summer gardening with me, thrilled to have her own tools that fit her hands yet were durable & felt like grown-ups' tools. And she loved having that tote for them. She now stores her gardening gloves in there, leaves she has collected, her water bottle, a doll, etc. I will be ordering more to give as gifts. Highly recommend this!
on January 23, 2010
This "toy" is the real thing. My daughter asked for it when she saw it over christmas in a boutique. I ordered it from Amazon because it was significantly cheaper. The toy does not disapoint, all of the tools are real, but sized down to fit a child. The bag is cute and sturdy enough to use in a real garden. This is my daughter's second set of gardening tools. Her first, was more expensive and purchased at a home improvement gardening center, but they were plastic and too difficult for her to use. She has already announced that she will have her own garden this year. I believe she plans to plant barbies and potatos. I know the potatos will grown, not sure what she imagines a barbie plant will look like.
on January 13, 2009
I purchased this garden tool kit and tote for a 6 year old who loves to work in the yard. It is sometimes hard to judge the quality of a product without seeing it. This one did not disappoint me. The tools were constructed of wood and metal, and the tote was made of sturdy canvas with cute bugs stamped on the side. I added a pair of garden gloves and some seed packets in the the tote to make a really cute gift.
on April 23, 2014
These tools fell apart on the first use. The screws holding the tool to the handle are so short, they can't be tightened. The drilled hole is a little too wide resulting in a wobbly tool and a sad baby gardener.

We took the tool parts off, turned them around, and redrilled holes with new screws. We then used wood glue to further strengthen the attachment. Our little gardener hasn't managed to break them since.

The bag is great and has held up to being filled with water, dirt, weeds, and a number of other garden items.
on September 6, 2008
My husband and I plant a vegetable garden every year and since our daughter was an infant she expressed an interest in helping Daddy in the garden. In time for our planting season this year, we purchased this adorable garden tote that comes with metal tools. She has used it everyday that she has played in and around the garden all summer. It's really sweet to see that she has an interest in helping to grow the vegetables and nice for her to have her own tools so that she feels like a big girl.
Received this set today and it is very well made perfect for little ones with small hands great for two year olds to five year olds maybe six year old just like mom and dads nice metal ends and wooden handles and the tote is darling for a boy or girl with plenty of room for more gardening necessities highly recommend for your little helper they will feel grown up with this set I purchased a watering can because it did not have one no biggie for the price its worth it will make great gifts too will buy more for sure
on April 1, 2015
The quality of this set is amazing, and that's before even taking the low price into account! The real wood and real metal make the tools durable and a great tactile experience for children, and the size is absolutely perfect for their tiny hands. My 2-year-old son has always enjoyed helping me in the garden, so he was beyond excited to receive these tools! He loves to play in the dirt next to me with tools that look just like Mommy's (but are not sharp enough to cause injury), and he even brought them with him to daycare when they were planting their own garden there! The tote is also of good quality and just the right size, and the non-gender-specific colors are really nice, too. I cannot recommend this set highly enough if you have a budding gardener!
on September 22, 2012
I love this product and use it daily! The product has wooden handles which are nailed in place in the wood and the tote is made of thick canvas. All items were constructed better than expected. There is ample room in the tote for other items that I keep in there so they will be in one place. I love this product and will continue to use it although I use it for other purposes and will continue to do so! It is perfect!

Thanks Amazon!
J Kedzior
on June 23, 2016
We are gardeners and had been searching for some good quality gardening tools for my daughter that weren't made out of plastic and weren't too expensive. I love that these are made out of wood and metal! They come with a cute carrying tote which my daughter loves!

The item was very small when it arrived and I was a little disappointed but once I saw it in my daughters hands I knew it was perfect! The canvas bag was a hit! She put all her tools in the bag, threw the bag over her shoulder and headed outside. The bag can hold much more than just tools and it has pockets on the outside so your child can put other things in.

My daughter is 20 months and this is perfect for her. I used them to dig and had no issues with the metal bending or warping. They seemed very sturdy and strong. For the price, I think this was a great buy!! Would love if they added a set with a watering can!
review image review image
on February 11, 2015
Our 4 yr old love this (with a tote). He's had this set about a week and has not broken any of it so that's great. The tote we rec'd is off white with a lady bug at one end and a frog at the other.
We also purchased the 7yrs + set also since he likes helping mom and dad. They are all great b/c they fit with his height. The 7yr+ set is still all intact after a week. The only thing we've notice is that he was able to bend the leaf rake but it bend back to normal.
**Edit as of Oct '15 Both sets are still all in good condition. Nothing has fallen apart. We haven't had any problems with any of the pieces in the sets.

****10/31/15 Blue/Green 3pc Set*****
Rec'd this set (blue/green 3pc set) for free in exchange for an honest review. I would give this set 4-5 stars, they are a normal tool set...nothing special. My 2yr old and 5yr old loved using them. My 2yr old daughter loves moving dirt and rocks into a bucket. My 5yr old tested out the other two items then the shovel and had no problem using any of them. They were used for quite a while and everything stayed in tack, no problems with anything bending or falling apart. They were not digging though in hard soil just normal kid play. Over time the blue does scrap off at the edges which I would consider normal wear.
I would recommend this set.