5.0 out of 5 stars Best for the Buck!!
Published 22 months ago by MellyMass

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic
This would be okay for some short trips, but for longer durations, it really is not that padded or comfortable for a child. After a week of use, my 4 year old asked to have his old carseat back. He was originally really excited because of the race car design, but he told me this was really kind of hard to sit on.
Published 11 months ago by ThriftySpr

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for the Buck!!, November 8, 2012
MellyMass (Wicked COLD New England!!) - See all my reviews
Bought this seat after finding it listed in the top ranked safest car seats:[...]. Got it last night and the only assembly needed was to pop the headrest into the top of the seat! The main reason I bought this booster seat was because I have a 3 year old who is big for his age (40lbs) and was getting too big for his Britax car seat. I tried another booster seat that has the shoulder belt and he would NOT stay in it so I knew that a 5 point harness was the only way to go. He loved this seat as soon as he saw it. He also loves the big cup holders! Another plus is the padding on either side of his head which is lacking in most booster seats. And to make it even more toddler boy approved it is a race car seat!!

As a mom of 4 kids I have to say that even though this seat is a little more on the expensive side it is well worth the money for the safety, ease of installation and cuteness factor.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy, safe, and fun, March 11, 2013
This review is from: KidsEmbrace Dale Combination Toddler/Booster Car Seat, Earnhardt Jr. (Baby Product)
We've had this seat for over a year now, and still dearly love it. I didn't buy it cause it looked cool, I got it after hearing a great story about a roll over accident and the child was unhurt(small scratches only). I trust the seat, my child is small for his age, this seat makes him feel bigger, and not like a baby. He is 4 1/2 and is the size of a 2 yr old. He doesn't like to be called or treated like a baby, this seat has helped, and gave me the peace of mind that he is safe. Very easy to clean, he ate cheetos and got the armrests all "yucky" I used a baby wipe and the cloth wiped clean. I've taken the cover off an washed it, it came off and on very easy. I would buy this seat again for all the great features it has.

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic, September 26, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Kid got stuck, March 24, 2014
After less than 2 weeks of use I went to get my kid out of the carseat and the latch was stuck... like completely jammed and it would not budge. I had to loosen the whole thing as much as it would and slide him out....no easy feat. I couldn't use it again and returned it. Even when I first got it I thought the latch seemed kind of funny and stiff and you had to get it at the perfect angle just to latch it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Dad's truck, December 15, 2013
K. Johnson (Bismarck, ND United States) - See all my reviews
Dad isn't too fond of car seats in his small little s-10 but this was one he could get excited about.

Pros:
-Dad & kid love the seat
-2 cup holders
-Fairly easy to install
-Will last a while with my small son.
-My son says it is comfortable.

Cons:
-Straps get twisted easily
-For average or larger kids they will outgrow the harness before being ready for a booster. Kids who have a long torso will likely outgrow it in harnessed mode well before they should move to a booster.
-Cup holders don't hold regular sized sports bottles or even 20oz water/soda/iced tea bottles.
-The snack holder is very shallow so anything more than a pack of fruitsnacks is likely to spill.
-Bottom buckle seems cheaply made. I'm used to metal buckles and this one is plastic.

If we could have afforded another Diono carseat we likely would have gone that route for dad's truck because it will last my son longer (at 5 he has just stopped rear-facing in the family vehicle which has the Diono Radian) I also didn't think about the amount of white on this carseat when buying it. It doesn't seem as easy to clean the cover of this seat as it does his Diono. For me the cons and pros kind of leave me feeling pretty neutral on this seat. I don't know that I would purchase it again but I don't regret purchasing it either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Seat, October 9, 2013
I am very impressed with the quality of this items. It is very comfortable and seems to be very safe for my grandson. The only reason I gave it a 4 star are the cup holders are too small to hold a normal sippy cup. I found only 1 sippy that will work in it. Also, I don't know how the white will hold up. As a grandmother, it is not used that much but if I were a mom ordering this I would think twice. If this doesn't bother you I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Fun!, October 8, 2013
Easy to install. Great side and head protection and fun design. Includes a cup and a snack holder in each arm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great carseat - great price !!, June 9, 2013
Great quality carseat, love the depth and height...and added bonus, very enticing to children to stay in carseat...the fabric is easy to clean too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rollover accident....no injury to my child., July 30, 2014
This is our family's third purchase of this seat. We were in a roll over car accident at the end of June. My three year son was not injured except for a small fabric burn mark on the side of his head from the head protection. When our car came to a stop we were hanging upside down. The extra padding for the shoulder harness area prevented any seatbelt marking. If you compare this carseat to most others, your child is much more protected around the head and body. Of course after being in an accident a carseat is no longer good. We purchased two more after seeing how great of protection it offers. Thank you to the manufacturers!

5.0 out of 5 stars My second kids embrace seat, March 30, 2014
Both provide safety and will allow plenty of room for my toddler to grow. It also allows one of the longest times weight wise for the harness which I love.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›