Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on July 29, 2011
As other reviewers have noted, these sunglasses are not for babies.

The description on Amazon for these sunglasses and the baby version is word for word exactly the same. No where does it state that these are for 2 to 5 year olds, but when I received them they were obviously way too big for my 16 month old. I complained to Amazon so hopefully they will update the listings with the correct age guidelines. I was told that the manufacturer is the one who provides the descriptions, not Amazon, so that is why I gave these only 2 stars, since they did a poor job describing their product.

The box I received states "Congratulations on selecting your Retro Banz for children aged 2-5 years.....Retro Banz sunglasses are also available for children aged 0-2 years."

Here is the baby (0-2) version:
Baby Banz Retro Banz Oval Baby Sunglasses
44 comments21 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2010
I bought these for my son who was 6 months at the time. They are Great! At first he did not like them on because we tried them on him in the house. But the first time we put them on outside he had no problems with them. The biggest thing is read the descriptions carefully for the size to make sure you are getting the right size for your kid.
on July 22, 2015
IT IS REALLY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT I BOUGHT AT IT'S OFFICAL WEBSITE. IT IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY. IT IS LOOKS VERY FRAGILE. IT IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY
THE FIRST PICTURE IS WHAT I BOUGTH HERE ,THE SECOND AND THIRD IS WHAT I BOUGHT ON OFFICAL WEB SITE
review image review image review image
on November 25, 2010
I purchased the retro bands for my daughter and found because of the wide lenses they did not irritate her at all and she has started wearing them at 6 months of age, they look funky and are a lot of fun, i highly recommend for any child for practical and fashion purposes.
22 comments3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2010
My daughter loves sunglasses but keeps breaking the tines. These are perfect because she can't destroy them plus the band is very comfortable and doesn't pull her hair. And these are adjustable. I think she will lose them before she destroys them.
on May 23, 2010
These are great little sunglasses, but I wish there had been pictures of them modeled. They are really much larger than the regular baby banz. I do like them though and so does my son.
on July 16, 2010
I luv the Banz sunglasses for baby. I don't have to worry about my baby girl taking them off & breaking them. Not to mention how cute they are. I just LUV them!!!! Highly recommend
on August 10, 2013
Good product, recommended for babies.

Good quality.

Just the right size.

Just lacking the rubber nose of babies.

Ok product.
on June 13, 2011
These suglasses are great and so cute! They fit my 15 month old niece perfectly. She runs around with them on all the time...she's such a diva!
on July 22, 2014
I was really excited about these when I ordered them because my daughter has always been very light sensitive. She was about 18 months and I ordered the 0-2 size. They were way too small. In defense of the company, my kid had a ginormous head. The company easily exchanged for the kid's size vs toddler- these were still smaller then I anticipated despite the adjustable strap. Unfortunately, after a few uses they were broken when she stepped on them climbing into the back seat of the car (they were sitting in the seat). The frames are very hard (and breakable) plastic. I don't really blame them for breaking when crushed by a toddler, but on the other hand we have a few pair of cheap sunglasses from gymboree that are more flexible and forgiving- I don't think I could break them if I tried. So, for the $$ they are a neat idea and my daughter accepted them on her face without complaint, but they do need to be cared for and treated with respect more than I was able to with a toddler.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse