4.0 out of 5 stars DEAR MUSIC APPRECIATORS
Dear Music Appreciators,

Published on February 1, 2012 by Andrew H. Lee

2.0 out of 5 stars he thought it would be hipper
my kid thought the songs would've sounded better, but he likes the whole series of kids bops. He just wanted the songs to sound more like the originals.
Published 21 months ago by Deb Parker

4.0 out of 5 stars DEAR MUSIC APPRECIATORS, February 1, 2012
Dear Music Appreciators,

Much parental fuss has been made over KIDZ BOP. This is a music series by a record label called Razor & Tie that has been around for about ten years. Every year they release a couple of compilation CDs and up to four "special collection" CDs (such as "Kidz Bop Sings The Beatles"). The main concept is kids performing "kid-friendly" versions of Top 40 songs. "Today's Biggest Hits Sung By Kids For Kids" as the album cover proclaims. Some parents think this is great and some parents are horrified, what with all the sex, drugs, and rock and roll (but especially sex) vibes that are woven into many of today's top pop songs (and to have children listening to other children singing this filth...oh, the horror!)

I shall now throw in my two cents for what it's worth:

I am a reasonably religious and relatively respectable father of two. I think this stuff is fine and I can see why kids of a certain age or a certain phase might lap it up. The songs are edited to a degree and the kid performers turn in fairly quality performances.

Although the series is aimed at music fans 5-12, I would think it would hold the greatest appeal for the 5-9 range - a time when many kids will be more interested in the beats and the feel of the music - a time when kids just want something that sounds fun and cool that they can dance to. And "Today's Biggest Hits" certainly have plenty of big danceable beats that will blow the usual kiddie songs out of the water.

Many 10-12 year olds will already have moved on to the genuine article and for those that haven't, more power to them and their parents - they should keep listening to stuff like KIDZ BOP while they still can. And for kids that will be off and running on their own before you know it anyway, I see any kind of last remaining filters between them and the adult world as a good thing and not a bad thing.

Kudos to any parent for being too careful rather than not careful enough, but I say let the kids bop to the KIDZ BOP - the young ones probably just want to dance and the older ones should be commended for wanting to enjoy "kid-friendly" media for as long as possible.

Sincerely,

Constant Listener

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a hit!!, April 1, 2012
This review is from: Kidz Bop 21 (Audio CD)
My daughter is slightly obsessed with this CD. The production is good, they sound similar to the radio versions but like kids. I appreciate that the songs are very current but edited to be more age appropriate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps not ideal - but it's good music, February 3, 2012
J. Marvel (DFW metroplex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kidz Bop 21 (MP3 Music)
I have to admit, in a perfect world, my children would listen to classical music, contemporary Christian, perhaps some instrumental jazz, and so on. However, for the tween in my house, this is a good compromise. She likes the driving beat and the up-to-date song list. I like that it's at least partially cleaned up. Compared to the garbage that comes pouring in from many radio stations, this is not bad.

For those who would complain about little kids hearing or singing along to songs like Edge of Glory... please think back just a bit to your own childhood. Now, I don't know about you, but I grew up singing songs like Puff the Magic Dragon. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. Even a little Def Leppard (Pour Some Sugar on Me - yowza). Never thought a thing of it. Sure didn't grow up to be a pothead because I unknowingly sang about Puff the Marijuana Dragon. Didn't become promiscuous because I sang along with Def Leppard. Never even picked up on the underlying meanings, not until years later.

Bottom line: the kids performing on this album are reasonably talented. The songs are well-chosen to appeal to kids. It's not too painful for an adult to listen to (especially after years of toddler tunes played ad nauseum). So, all in all, this one gets my thumbs-up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the tween age, April 10, 2012
ryan (CLERMONT, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kidz Bop 21 (MP3 Music)
I purchased this for my nieces birthday bash this year and it turned out being more than i had asked for the music is very close to the original and in some instances better. Its perfect cause they use kids of the same age and the language is safe for small ears!

4.0 out of 5 stars Daugher loves it, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Kidz Bop 21 (Audio CD)
This served as a reward for getting 4 consecutive high grades in Math - which is a struggle for my 8 year old. She has listened to it often.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids BOP21, August 6, 2012
This review is from: Kidz Bop 21 (MP3 Music)
Great songs. Kids love them and constantly plays in my car during our road trip. I bought this album on my trip to my friend and downloaded the songs in his computer. I am not able to download in my computer.
It would be nice if Amazon could allow download more than once.

2.0 out of 5 stars he thought it would be hipper, January 9, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars My 4 and 5 year old love this., April 11, 2012
This review is from: Kidz Bop 21 (MP3 Music)
Best 10 bucks I've spent. My girls love this album. The songs arnt to annoying either. So if your on the fence I say buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars My 8 year old loves it!, March 27, 2012
This review is from: Kidz Bop 21 (Audio CD)
My 8 year wanted this album after seeing it on TV commercials. I was happy to find it on Amazon.com at a lower price. It's all he wants to listen to when he's in the car. We both enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, March 18, 2012
This review is from: Kidz Bop 21 (Audio CD)
My 6, 7, and 9 year olds love this edition. I like it too. They did a good job making they lyrics kid-friendly.

Kidz Bop 21