4.0 out of 5 stars GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!
Published on October 21, 2003 by ----Phoebe D. Fregoso

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but silly
Published on April 21, 2005 by dx2etc

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but silly, April 21, 2005
dx2etc "dx2etc2" (Longmeadow, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kidz Bop 4 (Audio CD)
Hi,(...) and I still like these CDs because I think they are fun, but silly. I just got the Kidz bop 4 CD and I like it when they sing Evanescence's "Bring me to life," No doubt's "Underneath it all," and Good Charlotte's "The anthem." I think the kids are probably all between 6 or 7 and possibly go up to middle school age (12 or a little older.) Some of these kids are good singers, while others are fun to laugh at since they are so bad.

1.0 out of 5 stars You mean this is intended for CHILDREN?, August 10, 2005
This review is from: Kidz Bop 4 (Audio CD)
Now, I know you might think that my opinion isn't worth reading since I'm not a parent yet. In fact, I'm only thirteen. But think about this for a moment:

When you purcahse a copy of Kidz Bop, your are buying a CD full of music that was originally written for people probably above the age of 12 or 13. Evanescence's Bring Me To Life is an example of one of these songs. It is sung in a brooding minor key and is basiclly about death, or something close to it. Do your really want your child singint along to "how can you see into my eyes like open doors/leading you down into my core/where I've become so numb without a soul my spirit sleeping somewhere cold/ until you find it there and lead it back home"? What if your child started singing it in a public place. Would you be embarassed? If he/she bellowed it out at school, would his/her teacher question you about the type of media you exose your child to? My parents, who aren't very conservative at all, wouldn't let me hear this song until I was twelve years old. This CD is intended for children six to nine years old. Think about that.

4.0 out of 5 stars GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!, October 21, 2003
This review is from: Kidz Bop 4 (Audio CD)
Can anyone out there understand that this music is meant for CHILDREN to listen to? It's not produced for the musical talent. The kids singing these songs will not win any awards for their versions of the originals. It was produced for CHILDREN. Now use a little common sence here...the girl mentioned in "Sk8er Boi" is OLDER than the songs intended target audience. Get a clue and get over it!!! The music is cute and will give kids an alternative to the originals, plus these kids versions are edited...what parent really wants their children listening to the unedited versions in the first place, right? Take the songs for what their worth... my kids (ages 8,6 &4) enjoy ALL the Kidz Bop CDs and I don't find anything in them that would ever keep me from prohibiting my children from listening to them.

1.0 out of 5 stars They DON'T sound the same., August 24, 2005
This review is from: Kidz Bop 4 (Audio CD)
I just now listened to this here sample of "bring me to life" and I started cracking up. The woman who is singing the verse sounds like a duck that's choking on a meatball, and the guy singing the echoes in the chorus sounds like some random wrestler/drunk dude they just pulled off the street. And then there are the kids. Oh my God, what can I say about the kids? They sound like overweight chipmunks.

I've read a few reviews here that says that Kidz Bop's Bring Me to Life and Evanescence's Bring Me to Life sound the same. That's impossible. Even if you take out the kids, Kidz Bop's version is nothing like the original. Just listen to each sample to get an idea. In the first verse of the original, Amy Lee's voice vibrates when she sings the word "home". On the Kidz Bop version, the word "home" sounds really nasaly. And that's just one word out of the whole song. Listen to both samples and you'll probably find even more differences.

5.0 out of 5 stars listen to me, August 13, 2006
This review is from: Kidz Bop 4 (Audio CD)
These c.d.'s are for kids. You are not liking these c.d.'s because you are not kids. Children all over the world buy these c.d.'s.*****************PEACE EVERYWERE**************

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, January 2, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Kidz Bop 4 (Audio CD)
This Cd is so dumb!!! The little kids and adults ruin the songs.
If somebody likes this Cd it's because they have not heard the original songs!!! Most of the songs they do are not little kid appropriate. All together it is a waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yuck..., October 15, 2004
This review is from: Kidz Bop 4 (Audio CD)
If you want to hear kids sing, ask your friend to sing to you. It's a lot cheaper, and chances are, your friend will sound a lot better then the group of kids that sing this boring, annoying series of CDs! If I were a singer, I would never let Kidz Bop butcher my songs! Actually, in my opinion, the songs aren't the same as the originals much at all. The music is screwy, the person they have sing lead is a terrible vocalist, and the kids sound just as bad. I would recommend the Radio Disney CDs. Not only are they clean, but they don't have a bunch of kids ruin hit songs. Ugh! When will the Kidz Bop series end? Hopefully soon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hi have you heard these songs?, October 7, 2003
Stefanie (Tacoma, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kidz Bop 4 (Audio CD)
These songs are not meant for kids at all! Jenny from the block and Skater Boy umm hello have you heard the lyrics for Skater Boy? For example she's left at home with the baby. This is okay for a nine year old to listen to. I can't believe that anyone would think this was okay just because kids are singing the songs. I would give it no stars but they won't let me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Eh., August 22, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Kidz Bop 4 (Audio CD)
I think it's really horrible to make kids listen to this jargon. "WOO! It's got kids on it! They'll listen!" It's like bad karaoke. The only reason I gave it any stars at all, is because they have kid's best interests at heart, and you've gotta love that.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for my 9 year old, November 6, 2012
This review is from: Kidz Bop 4 (Audio CD)
popular songs sung by kids minus the suggestive lyrics and bad words. perfect for tweens, my 9 year old son loves it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Kidz Bop 4
Kidz Bop 4 by Kidz Bop Kids (Audio CD - 2003)
Rate and Discover Movies