1,367 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The best headphones for kids
I am confused by an earlier reviewer comments. These headphones work great with our iPad 2 (and other entertainment devices). I can't help but wonder if somehow they didn't have them plugged in properly.

Published on October 23, 2012 by Rann R Cannon

1.0 out of 5 stars Jack broke inside our iPad. Am now spending big $$ to fix the iPad.
Two weeks ago, I would have said this product was great. But over the holidays, the jack broke way deep inside our iPad. It is just the tip of the jack, so not a result of our son bending or being rough with it. On a car trip he suddenly said "I can't hear my movie." When I reached back to see what was going on, I thought he had just unplugged the ear phones by...
Published 11 months ago by Foucault

5.0 out of 5 stars The best headphones for kids, October 23, 2012

My children have owned the original Kidz Gear Wired Headphones for several years. We use them around the home and for travel. I wanted to have a few extra sets on hand and decided to buy the new colored models. As the colored models are just out, and there are few reviews, I thought I would clarify that these are exactly the same as the original Kidz Gear Wired Headphones that get excellent reviews. You can read what people have to say about the originals here:

In my experience I have found these headphones to be durable with excellent sound quality. When I say durable, I mean that for several years we have carried these around in a backpack, within a Ziploc bag. They have been sat on several times, used daily, and still work great. The ear cups fit comfortably on a child's ears and there is adequate room to adjust the headset from toddler size to a pre-teen (they also fit our 13 year old niece). I like the fact that the noise reduction cable is a separate piece. We almost always use it, but have occasionally removed it when on a very loud airplane. We have used the headphones with a portable DVD player, iPhone, iTouch, iPad and a PC, with and without a splitter (so that two or more headphones can be hooked up to the same device).

These are just simply a great product and provide excellent value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loves them, September 13, 2013
Irishlawlass (Cleveland, Ohio) - See all my reviews
My daughter really likes these. They are nice looking and good quality. Just remember that YOUR KID IS GONNA TALK LIKE THIS WHENEVER THEY HAVE THEM ON BECAUSE THEY DON'T REALIZE YOU CAN HEAR THEM PERFECTLY WELL WITHOUT THEM SHOUTING OVER THE MUSIC. If you can live with that, these are great. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones for toddlers and kids, October 23, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Toddler = Happy Parents, April 12, 2013
G. J. Ward (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought these for our 18 month old to use with our iPad and iPhones on a trip to Hawaii. I was concerned because they were plastic that they wouldn't hold up. We've now had them for almost a year and they are still in like new condition after extensive use. I was also concerned they wouldn't fit my 18 month old but they did perfectly on the smallest setting. I imagine that an even younger child would be able to use them. They easily plug into all Apple products. I like that you can control the sound with the little knob on the actual headphones as well as whatever device your using them with. We actually bring them to restaurants with us so we can have a peaceful meal while my son watches his favorite shows. Even in a crowded restaurant the volume is loud enough to drown out background noise and enjoy a show but not so loud his little eardrums will be damaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for 5 year old, 3 stars for the 2 year old, December 5, 2012
These headphones are great, they fit each of my children well and I love the fact that they don't turn up as loud as regular headphones. However be aware there is a volume control wheel on the headphones themselves. This is fine for my 5 year old because if I tell her not to adjust it she usually won't. However, my 2 year old and I fought about this for the first few days of use. Finally I had to test it to get it to a good volume and then put electrical tape over the wheel so he can't change it. When he is old enough we can still take it off and he won't hurt is ear drums because even though these don't go up as loud as regular headphones, they do go up loud enough for me to hear what they are listening to and that in my opinion is too loud for little ears. Overall extremely happy with this purchase they are cute, effective, cheap and they even fit me!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect headphones for toddlers, November 6, 2012
Jayakumar (Santa Clara, CA United States) - See all my reviews
we are going for a international trip so we wanted a headphones to keep our 2 year old engaged. This one fits perfectly.
It works perfectly with our ipad3,she enjoyed it a lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect!, February 2, 2014
Great headphones at a great price. These fit my little man very well, and they are so adjustable even I could put them on to check out the volume.

They seem very comfy - my picky kiddo puts them on haphazardly without doing careful adjustments and he never seems bothered by them. He really loves using them (and WOW how amazing for me to not go to bed with that one show's theme song stuck in my head all night).

I'm impressed by the sound quality, especially for this price.

My ONE complaint is that the sound limiter is a separate piece AND this is not clearly marked anywhere on the packaging. I used it for a few weeks before I knew the volume wasn't limited on his precious little ears, it was in an Amazon review that I found out I actually had to retrieve that from the spare part box and use it. I'd thought it was an adapter for other size jacks or soothing. There are no instructions or info booklets in the box, so if you give these as a gift, let the recipient know that volume limiter is separate. Since these are for kids, I don't understand why they don't just limit the volume on the headset itself. Or at the very least, find a way to plug it that holds more tenaciously (like a built-in tie from the headphone to the limiter). That tiny piece is fascinating for kids to remove and easy to lose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product Excellent Customer Service, September 6, 2013
I purchased these for my 3 year old son in May to go with a Kindle Fire we baought to use on flights and long car rides. As mentioned by other reviews, the product is great and I think provides a lot of value for the price. It's well constructed, fits little kids' heads well, and the sound quality is very good. Also the sound limitation options work extremely well. We were very pleased until a few weeks ago when the audio in one ear stopped working. We were past the 30 day return window for Amazon so I called the warranty hotline for Kidz Gear. I left a voiceail explaining the situation. I got a call back the next day from Chris who sent out a replacement pair right away, he even advised me to hold onto the foam ear cups from the old pair as sometimes kids will pull them off and lose them. I was extremely impressed with their response time, professionalism, and courtesy. Electronics sometimes fail, that's a fact of life, how a company responds when something goes wrong is equally important to me as making a great product in the first placte. The way this Kidz Gear stands behind their product and treats its customers has made me a loyal customer, I will certainly buy again when our youngest is old enough for his own pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, March 31, 2013
I love the product and the sound control. Just know that you set the main item to the max you want and on the cord the kids cannot go past that. LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE FOR MY KIDS, March 20, 2014
I seldom write reviews but after experiencing the customer service I had to review the product. The earphones are extremely durable and the sound is amazing, so much so I was going to order them for myself. Unfortunately, they stopped working and I called Kidz Gear customer service, left a message and they called me right back. This is the part that motivated my review. I spoke to a very friendly customer service person who was so accommodating. Kids products are usually made so cheaply and kids are so hard on toys, they rarely last a month much less a year. Usually, when you are trying to replace a product, especially one for kids you get the third degree. NO questions asked! They told me that they were replacing the headset right away. I could not believe when he told me that I should keep the cushions on the older ones in case I needed them, because kids are so hard on the cushions. He also told me that the adapter that they send with the head phones are to protect the increase in volume on the set to a safe level for kids. I had no idea what the adapter was, so I just stuck it in the drawer. I wish all companies were this thoughtful about their products, especially when it comes to my children. I really thought when I called Kidz Gear it would be a shot in the dark. I was so relieved! They are an amazing company and I am so thankful for their great head phones Thank you!

Kidz Gear Wired Headphones For Kids - Purple