Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Style Name: Light Wood|Change
Price:$9.75+ Free shipping

on August 21, 2012
... unless you like having your stylish cube alarm clock wake you at 2 AM to tell you: you can no longer rely on it as an alarm clock because it needs battery replacement - and you must perform a manual reset of time and alarm, from scratch.

I like the design. It's sleek and fun.

As a timepiece, though, resetting it from scratch once a month: gets old, really fast.
on November 24, 2013
I'm pretty sure this is a fake Kikkerland Clock. No where on the clock does it say Kikkerland - the other Kikkerland clock I have says Kikkerland on the battery compartment cover. The real Kikkerland only takes 2 AAA batteries, this one takes 4. The controls are different from a Kikkerland. And the packaging was very different. Add to that that clock didn't work. If I could give it less than one star I would.
on April 1, 2011
Bought dark wood clock:
Clock is made of plastic with a qualified wooden affect.
It's a 6cm cube. Image of the product on Amazon is a little misleading about the size. nevertheless it is elegant small alarm clock.
Has bright red digits and a powerful alarm sound.
It has an automatic standby mode.
Clapping often works for this clock to turn on from even 5 m away.
Needs two of AAA battery; and in manual, it is said two battery lasts for about a month. (i havent tested it yet)
44 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2013
This thing is so cheap, you'll hate it and never use it. I threw it away, not even worth the time to file a complaint and get my $14 back.

It's not a "clap on" as it's falsely advertised. It has two settings, "always on" or "on for a few seconds". When the latter is chosen, you have to tap it with your finger to get it to pop back on for a few seconds to check the time. Clapping did NOTHING, unless you can clap hard enough to rock it with sound waves... LOL.

The instructions are in some other eastern language, my guess Chinese. The English translation makes no sense and is counter-intuitive to trying to figure the thing out. Trial and Error is more efficient.

Mine must have been defective, because once I got it set, it would be great for about 5 minutes, then it would make a BEEP, flash crazy-like like it were doing a demonstration or calibration, then just defaulted to 12:00 again... it was so irritating!!!

Don't waste your money.
on January 19, 2014
When in AC mode (plugged in) it has an annoying tendency to reset itself to 12:00 AM every couple of hours. It doesn't do this when powered by batteries, but it burns through a set of four triple-a's in less than a week. Quirky modern design is no substitute for quality engineering. This product is junk.
on September 25, 2010
I love this clock! I wanted something that wasn't going to take up a lot of room and that looked good. It has no ugly cords that need to be plugged in so that is a plus, just takes two AAA batteries. The time lights up at the sound of a clap or a door shutting, even a loud snap. I haven't used the alarm on it so I can't say much about that. As for size it's about the same as a rubix cube. It's affordable, not bulky, and looks great!
on January 7, 2012
so it's a blank cube that looks pretty good. then you tap it or clap your hands, and the time shows up for 10 seconds, then it's blank again. inconvenient at night when you have someone sleeping next to you for obvious reasons. GREAT present for annoying people who like to walk around clapping their hands or singing songs while you're trying to watch the x-files, it'll bring them hours of enjoyment.

kinda boring, doesn't work as an excavator or a nuclear launchpad. seemed cooler when i was buying it, but bonus points for being innovative and feng shui.

*EDIT* didn't get much use out of it due to the extremely short battery life. it's a cute little thing but you really have to love it to replace the battery once a month.
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2014
It does the job. It is a tiny 2-3" cube with a surprisingly hidden face. It's great when you don't want light in your face at night and you like the minimalist look in your bedroom. The battery lasts about a month +/- a week. Alarm is just what you'd expect from a tiny battery powered clock. I would not rely on this to wake me up for work everyday but I do like it near the bed. It disappears on top of my night stand and all I have to do is tap it and it shows the time for a few seconds and then turns back off. It's not worth the money but it's a niche product that I wanted so I spent the money otherwise I would never look twice at this for the price.
on November 4, 2014
DON'T BOTHER!!

At first it looked fine... cheap (plastic with wood-like stickers, not actual wood) but manageable, put the batteries in and worked fine. Instructions were poorly translated from chinese to english, had to read them like 4 times trying to understand them, but I finally set it up.

Four days later it stopped working, pushed all the buttons, changed the batteries, connected the cable... NOTHING. Two minutes later, the clock fell apart... plastic parts were cheaply glued so I could see all the inside circuits of the clock. I was really mad. Threw it to the trash.

DO NOT BUY IT!!
on January 21, 2014
This little clock is kind of neat--I had one once that was a bit larger and it was one that plugged into an outlet. This one runs on batteries and only lights up when tapped on (or you can adjust it so the time is always showing). Anyway--I have it set so it is off except for when you tap it. The batteries run out every two weeks. I have had to put batteries in three different times--and each time they last approximately two weeks. When I tap it, and it doesn't work--it needs new batteries. Then you have to also go through the entire process of resetting the time, etc. This clock is not worth any amount of money if it goes through batteries that fast--I am either going to junk it or just let it sit as a little brown box. Too expensive to keep putting batteries in it--and then never knowing how long it will keep working.