Kill Bill, Vol. 1
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Prime Members||Rent||Buy|
|Kill Bill: Volume 1||—||—||—|
|Kill Bill: Volume 1||—||—||—|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
In Volume 1, the Bride tracks down former assassins O-Ren Ishii and Vernita Green leaving a wide trail of carnage in her wake.
- "The Making of Kill Bill, Volume 1"
- Bonus musical performances by The 5,6,7,8s
- Quentin Tarantino trailers including Kill Bill, Volume 2
Top Customer Reviews
Beat to a bloody pulp and shot in the head and left for dead at her wedding day, The Bride (Uma Thurman, whose name is never revealed) is carted away in a four-year-long coma. She wakes up and vows revenge. And, oh, does Thurman play revenge well. It seems that the supporting cast (Lucy Lui, Vivica A. Fox, among others) truly beat Thurman to the edge of death. Her eyes convey her emotion--the limited and brief dialogue isn't even necessary. She is surpremely convincing in every aspect of her performance, even throughout the amazingly stylish fight sequences (which put "The Matrix" to shame). She fights like a pro with samurai swords, lethal daggers, butcher knives, and frying pans.
One of the main draws to this redefining adventure is the hilarious subject matter. Tarantino goes overboard. Blood flies about like fruit punch, gushing out of wounds like a torrential downpour (sometimes, in fact, you will even wonder if the human body has that much blood), and in any other movie, that gore would force you to leave--but here, it doesn't. Why? Because Tarantino never takes himself too seriously. Fight scenes are punctuated with effective and sometimes laughable dialogue. But beneath the hokey action scenes and the cute quips, there is a real movie at work here. Tarantino dances about the timeline, bouncing the story back and forth to a dizzying point, which forces your full attention on the gradually unfolding general story.Read more ›
I am totally sold on Blu and, when the Kill Bill bundle became available... well... I ordered it when Amazon offered it at a great discount. The bundle includes Kill Bill 1 and 2 and, IF you wish to upgrade your KBs I highly recommend the bundle because you could save a few dollars. There is no difference between the 2 KBs sold as individual titles and them sold together other than, possibly, the price.
I wish I had a lot to say about the Blu-ray version but I don't so, let me say what is worth saying:
- The contents of the Blu-ray version are EXACTLY those of the DVD edition, nothing more, nothing less.
- Even the artwork is borrowed from the original DVD edition.
- The 'extras' are shot in low resolution, in fact they are the exact extras you will find on the DVD.
- The resolution of the movie is, of course, higher than the DVD's and the audio is available as 'uncompressed' but nothing special was done for the Blu issue. I noticed quite a few artifacts and some graininess but, overall, the picture quality is good. It could have been a lot better. I expect a remastered edition in the near future.
Overall, I am not very happy with this edition which appears to have been put together on the cheap and in a hurry. I suspect that the digital master used to make the DVDs was quickly converted to Blu and thrown out on the market but I could be wrong.
I am looking forward to a complete and professionally done Tarantino filmography on Blu in the near future, meaning that I'd be buying the Kill Bills three times.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
You have to watch this move. She is the ultimate killing machinePublished 9 hours ago by Don Hanichak
It's the best Tarantino film I've ever watched so far! Uma Thurman killed it with her charming acting performance. Action packed movie!Published 4 days ago by tonya
This was an entertaining film. The images are visually striking with lots of bright thematic colors. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Barry P.
|Topic||From this Discussion|
Try "Zero Woman - Red Handcuffs."
Jun 6, 2008 by Matthew Dickinson | See all 5 posts
Aug 17, 2007 by Marco Margaritoff | See all 3 posts
|$10 off each for current DVD owners?||Be the first to reply|
|Early reviewers are liars.||Be the first to reply|
|YESSSSS!!!||Be the first to reply|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Indie & Art House
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Miramax Home Entertainment > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Miramax Home Video > All Titles