Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kill 'Em All
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 18, 2016
I was worried that the remaster would not sound that great and this reissue would be another one that isn't that great like the 2008 reissue of KEA. However, this set blew away all of my expectations. The packaging is absolutely top-notch and very high quality. The contents are what every Metallica fan could dream of. Best yet, the vinyl edition of the album sounds AMAZING. It has a very full sound, the instruments and vocals are very well separated from one another. It is not brickwalled and has great dynamics. The crunch of the guitars is amazing, especially on Seek and Destroy. Also, Cliff's bass sounds more 'real' than ever. Overall, I am extremely pleased with this set and I very, very highly recommend it to all hardcore Metallica fans that also love vinyl!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on July 7, 2005
Well, here it is, kiddies: Metallica's skull-crushing, bone-breaking, faster-than-the-speed-of-freakin'-light thrash metal debut. This is the one your mother warned you about. This album may cause uncontrollable fits of energy, headbanging, and moshing. Keep out of reach of children. (Give them St. Anguish instead... on second thought, never mind. No one should have to suffer through that...)

What makes this album such a metal classic? The pounding drums and rythyms? The violent cover? The shredding solos and riffs? A 20-year-old James Hetfield's harsh, unpretty vocals? The controversial cover? Well, yes, of course, but one thing makes it even better (although Master Of Puppets remains my favorite): back when they recorded this album, Metallica were no one. They weren't the (now self-parodic) juggernaut they would eventually become. They were four lucky fans who got together, played their hearts out, and had the time of their lives doing it. (Check out James Hetfield's picture on the insert - he has acne!) You can really feel the energy coming from this record.

So, yeah, anyway, if you don't have this one already, see to it that you obtain it (along with Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets, and, if you like, the black album and ...And Justice For All). There are really no standout tracks because they ALL rock. If you can think of a better album to slap My Chemical Romance in the face with, I'd sure like to hear it.

Yeah, it wasn't all that long ago that they were a little thrash band from the Bay Area...
88 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
At this point, I think it’s safe to skip the background information on this album and get straight to the details of the new reissue. If you’re not familiar with Kill ‘Em All, you have some homework to do.

So we finally get a remastered reissue of Metallica’s debut. I’m only surprised it took this long. Actually, I’m more surprised this didn’t come as one of those expensive 2-disc “Deluxe Editions” like the recent Black Sabbath and Faith No More reissues. Your options here are a super-expensive multi LP/CD box set, or an ultra-cheap single disc reissue. That’s the one I went with.

The Kill ‘Em All reissue comes in a somewhat flimsy “LP replica” style package with a slim booklet. No new photos, nothing new in the liners. This is totally bare-bones. Likewise the album contains zero bonus tracks. No b-sides, no live tracks, nothing. What we do get is a classic debut, remastered for the first time. Now, I am not an audiophile. I’m sure someone will be along to do a scientific analysis of why this remastering is amazing/awful. I can only say that it sounds absolutely fantastic to my ears. Yes, it’s louder, but it’s clearer and crisper as well. It’s probably cliché to say it, but it really is almost like hearing this album in a whole new way.

Oh, and the retail price for this is five bucks. At that price there is no way you can go wrong. Seriously, this is a no-brainer. Sure, we can complain about packaging or the lack of bonus tracks, but the bottom line is that you can hear a brand new remastering of one of the all-time classic heavy metal debuts for less than what it would have cost in 1983…on cassette. Buy it already.
on April 15, 2016
The album being re-mastered to some is the big selling point of this box set. Yet, this box is offered in addition to the separate vinyl and CD that are for sale. So I'm reviewing this box from the point of the extras included. I just received this set yesterday and am just tearing into these box sets, but I will say, if you are a die-hard Metallica fan, these boxes are worth the money. I look at them as them sharing big pieces of their history with us through these box sets and they deliver with the book that comes with this, with the live shows that are included on the CDs and vinyl, and with their DVD. The picture disc of Jump In The Fire is awesome too!! All vinyl comes with a download code, so any worries about missing the music on the vinyl are taken care of through a download. I've been a Metallica fan for 23 years and I was hesitant at first to buy these box sets because of the cost. After seeing the first two box sets, I have no doubt that my money will be well spent on the rest of them!!!
on April 15, 2016
I recieved my copy today from amazon (along woth ride the lightning) and itt was well packed and in mint shape. Thank yo for that amazon. Inside the heavyweight box are 4lp's, 5cd's, and a dvd that all sound pretty good, what you would expect from live recordings of the era). I do not have any major issue with the remastered kill em all sound. The patch is nice that comes inside also, and you get the downloads for each of the 4 vinyls. A nice touch to a well rounded set.
on April 19, 2016
Finally a proper remaster of Kill em All! The deluxe package while definitely not moderately priced is more than worth it if it's within your means. From the vinyl to the CDs to the extras you absolutely can't go wrong. Of course most are gonna yell "cash grab" at the band for putting it out but they are giving you your money's worth on this one and the Ride the Lightning version.*****
on April 15, 2016
Love it! This beautiful box set arrived to me today safe and sound. It sounds great, and the packaging and booklet is very cool. All LP's come with digital codes, so I don't see why people are complaining that everything isn't also on a CD. This box set is a wonderful addition to any Metallica fan's collection, whether it's your first record or your thousandth, I highly recommend it.
on April 23, 2016
This is a job well done by Chris Bellman and Furnace Record Pressing. If you have always wanted a vinyl version of this album and don't want to pay upwards of $100 for an NM copy then look no further. You get nice, flat, quiet vinyl and dynamic sound with no weird distortions or clipping due to excess compression. I was going to skip these because the 2008 reissues were so bad but they've redeemed themselves with the 2016's. If you are a long-time Metallica fan like myself you will be pleased with this version.
on June 2, 2016
Having bought and reviewed vinyl reissues of Lightning and Puppets I decided to pick up Kill 'Em All as well. It is Phenominal, buy it!!!

I will now compare it to the previous Kill 'EM All reissue also on Metallica's own Blackened label that I purchased a couple years ago:

This new one has better volume overall, much better bass, the guitars are more forward in the mix, but most importantly, IT IS A WAAAAAAAAAAAAY BETTER PRESSING in terms of clarity and MUCH lower background noise. I have a great CD version (not sure the year) and this new pressing stomps the pig poop out of all other variants I've personally heard.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the one to buy with a ridiculous low price it's even better! I have not heard an original vinyl pressing but I cannot fathom it sounding this good just by what I've heard from those who have.

Man this is friggin awesome and I quote "Bass solo take one" and apparently Cliff nailed it lol : )

I'm not a die hard Metallica guy. I'm a fan, but not a fanatic like I am with Megadeth, but I do have all their albums on CD, every DVD and Bluray they've ever put out and I like their music from all periods. First and foremost I'm a lover of Thrash Metal and this is without a doubt my all time favorite Metallica album, and so it brings me great pleasure to be able to recommend this new pressing to others who know what an incredible album this is, and to those who will continue to discover it for many years to come

Now since Amazon doesn't make enough money to pay someone to separate reviews for separate products, here's my review of the new remastered $5 CD:

The packaging is sucks! Most digipacks do suck, but this little vinyl replica style "case" a.k.a. "Terd Ferguson wallet" is ridiculous from a fans and collectors point of view. It kinda screams we want to make every penny we can, or we hate our fans and have no respect for them. Place it on a table it stays popped open. Near zero protection for the disc from dust or scratching. This album deserves better. Metallica has made 500 trillion dollars, throw us a jewel case or a proper digipack with a tray and a lid that closes. Rant off!
on May 16, 2016
I bought this for my husband, then Amazon sent me an email asking me to review. I asked my husband what his review would be. He replied, "How can you even begin to review one of the all time greatest..."
Nope. He kept talking but I left the room. So, yeah, he loves it. Had the CD years ago, wanted it again.