Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 2, 2014
Never heard of this guy until I got one of his books free on kindle buffet - now I am a big fan! How to describe his humor.., take David sedaris subtract gay, add Midwestern vibe and 20 years. I laugh out loud reading his stories.
on September 28, 2012
I was laughing at so many things that I related to in this book. The family holidays, the boring conversations, and the realization that holidays can drive a person nuts. What we do for our family, friends and kids is amazing. I agree with the easiest present to give. After many hours spent fighting shoppers, I am convinced that 'nothing' is the best. For a great laugh and enjoyment, I recommend this to all parents.
on October 10, 2012
Mullen may be the funniest curmudgeon writing today. He skewers contemporary culture without mercy or favoritism, but always finds the humor lurking within.
on December 29, 2012
Quick read, a bunch of short stories about holidays and all of their glory, starting with Halloween and ending with new years. A fun, lighthearted fast book with a large dose of sarcasm.
on October 5, 2012
hi I wish I was dead it would be he best thing ever but Im too scared and by the way my name in not phoebe its finlay
on December 3, 2014
I'm so sorry to say I had not heard of Jim Mullen before, but after reading this book, Mr. Mullen will certainly be on my list of favorite authors. I found Kill Me, Elmo to be humorous, but at the same time teaching a lesson on life and what memories will truly be remembered by our children. As a single mom of an only child who is now an adult and father himself, I fell into all the guilt trips that the media and society puts on parents. Jim speaks of consumerism and how we as parents (grandparents included) get caught up on spend, spend, spend.

My favorite chapter was "The Early Bird Gets the Worm". Jim speaks of how retailers push the holiday seasons earlier every year. Its not just the Christmas season, but all holidays. Jim speaks of Halloween being a huge money maker for retail with the overpriced decorations and parents buying " haute-couture" quality costumes. Mr Mullen focuses on when he was growing up. Halloween was a fun time but, without all the hoopla that has become part of our childrens lives. I have to wonder myself, if we as a society have taken the true enjoyment out of holidays. We get caught up with the bigger and better mentality that we no longer use our imaginations to create enjoyment.

To anyone who is getting burned out on the holidays and is looking for a comical yet inspiring book, you must read Kill Me, Elmo.
It is a quick read with only 132 pages. I enjoyed myself reading this wonderful book on a recent cold and snowy weekend