Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Killers [LP]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 24, 2012
I live in México, I ordered 2 copies from different stores. One is on UMe and the other one is on EMI and I have to say UMe sounds better... they must have better sound engineers... I think I'll sell the EMI one... Another thing, on the back cover it says: "These discs are manufactured from vinyl which includes pictures. By nature of this manufacturing process sound quality may be compromised"
If it's compromised, why the hell do they still make them on picture discs??? Picture discs don't sound as good as normal black or coloured vinyl... Iron Maiden is the greatest metal band and their music deserve a better treatment. HQ vinyl would be great and maybe a 4 vinyl box set of each album like Metallica did with their albums... I'm from México, but I would spend my hard earned money for these jewels if they're ever released...
Packaging, artwork and photos are awesome though...
44 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2013
Why did they have to go with the picture discs? Picture discs sound awful and these are no exception. I still have my old Maiden records from the 80's and these do not compare. They lack the punch and kick that the original vinyl had. I don't get it. Aren't the original album covers cool enough to look at? It's too bad.
on August 5, 2004
This is the best Iron Maiden album ever. I never manage to listen any Iron Maiden CD with Bruce Dickinson from the beginning until the end - just because all songs sound like each other and none of them remains in the memory - its just a "metal chewing gum"! But this one is a masterpeace - I want to listen to it over and over again, and all tunes are constantly in my head. DiAnno RULES !!!!
on February 14, 2016
i've had this album a long time and i recently bought the new vinyl pressing (regular, not picture disc ... i personally would never buy a picture disc)

the first maiden album i bought was number of the beast. just afterwards maiden japan was released/re-released (not sure which) the different vocalist was a bit of a shock at the time, but a couple of spins and i got used to him.
as someone who at the time bought a lot of albums i picked up killers. i really liked it. good songs, my style of music.

the reissued vinyl i got was very well done and my enjoyment of the album hasn't gone. i don't get into the whole b*tchiness i see with a lot of maiden fans arguing over dianno or dickinson, or the eighties, ninties or two thousands version. i like most of what these guys have done. killers, piece of mind, somewhere in time, brave new world and a matter of life and death are my favourites.

if you like your metal a little bit punk, killers is a great album.
ides of march is a nice kick off
wrathchild is a good little rocker
murders in the rue morgue rolls along nicely
and the level stays high all through. innocent exile, killers and drifter are other favourites. my only disappointment is that my original version had their cover of the skyhooks song women in uniform.

great album, get it.
on November 15, 2002
There was life in the undead Eddie long before Bruce Bruce became Maiden's "Air raid siren"! Di Anno's fronted Maiden broke in the UK after playing pub gigs and small shows. Featuring not one but two instrumentals and a host of creepy, hauntingly melodic pieces, Killers is Maiden showing their musicanship to the world as a true rock band. Murders in the Rue Morgue, loosely based on the E.A. Poe story and Killers carefully construct scenes of despair and inner torment without being overly fast and aggressive musically. The band understood that punk was dying if not dead and made the necessary adjustments on this album, but still pay tribute to their roots with "Wrathchild". You get the full range of Maiden's talent without suffering from one member outshining the other. This is one of the most competent Maiden albums you can find, just after breaking with their debut album and before the mega success of Number of the Beast. Evolution and cash flow were necessary and the addition of one of the greatest and most influential vocalists in metal Bruce Bruce (Dickinson) cemented Iron Maiden's place among the best.
on November 24, 2012
I have the UMe pressing and it doesn't sound that bad. Although, I bought mine at a local retailer and have just realized I got gouged: $45.98.

Side A sounds a bit muffled, side B sounds great, considering it's a picture disk. Of course it could sound better. Anything always could. But it serves the purpose of throwing on some Maiden and enjoying the classic artwork at the same time. It sounds very analog, loads of dynamic range--tons of headroom. It sounds just like listening to these records back in the 80s on a Walkman. Just like it.

I would say that the disclaimer about the sound quality is there because of the variances in quality when pressing picture disks (and because they have so much surface noise by nature). That being said, there's a great soundstage and good separation of the instruments, but side A suffers a muffled low end.

And never fear: There's surely some HQ black vinyl planned for you to spend your bitties on. But they better not be hot/over-compressed remasters. I want a classic cut from the analog masters, e.g., Steve Hoffman.
on December 26, 2013
One of the best metal albums of all time with original drummer Clive Burr and singer Paul Dianno at their best!
on November 18, 2013
Funny story.

This was on a wishlist so I bought it. It came a week later. Two days later I got another copy. Panicked, I went online to be sure I didn't order two copies, because seriously, who needs a backup album when you already have the CD and TAPE (yes, tape!).

But then the real joke started. I got another copy. THEN ONE MORE. So yes, FOUR COPIES OF KILLERS. I decided to give Amazon a call and we worked it all out, I mean for a while there I just assumed the universe was trying to tell me something.

it all worked out in the end and of course, it's a KILLER albume. Zinnnng.
on December 9, 2012
Ok...so I was worried about the Picture Disc versions coming out. In comparison to my "like new" original vinyls these are superior in every way. They are not as noisy as other famous bands releases...I have 4 and I hear no massive pops... there is surface noise but that seems to be there no matter what in the new 180gram releases everywhere. Ultimately I loved this package and would say it is a must have for any Maiden fan. Up the Irons!
on October 8, 2002
This album, i admit is not the best of maiden but it sounds different since it's paul d'ianno who sing (you must admit that he is reaaly good, not as much as bruce but still...), but as being a maiden fan i heard it often and it propose a lot of different style, two instrumental song (wich are real cool), fast drumming guitar flamming song (purgatory), the album self titled song (killers) which is kinda "off-tempo", and finally "murders in the rue morgue" woh!! cool. A must into any maiden fans...