Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 267 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 7:46:41 AM PST
J. Durtschi says:
No, but have you?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 8:50:25 AM PST
GidPX says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 12:26:34 PM PST
Dan says:
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 1:02:09 PM PST
B. Borries says:
Did O'Lielly get the General Sickle affair wrong in his book? I read somewhere that he got it totally wrong...could some one confirm

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 1:59:35 PM PST
Neaklaus says:
You could go to the library and look it up for yourself couldn't you?

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 3:35:47 PM PST
GidPX says:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-15/romney-two-way-race-is-now-four-way-republican-dead-heat-in-iowa-caucuses.html

This will surprise the Ron Paul haters here. Ron Paul is in 2nd place of a 4-way heated battle, according to a bloomberg poll. I guess he's a top-tier candidate after all. Sorry guys, but the facts are facts.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 5:17:54 PM PST
Nevadaeh says:
Where did I see the following quote, which fits Pinhead Chickenhawk O'Lielly perfectly? "Let's you and him go fight, I'll hold your coat."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WObY922U-Ms

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2011 10:39:19 AM PST
Poorly written? Are you just learning English and how to write, or are you just bashing O'Reilly?

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 8:54:47 PM PST
Yeah, I don't really even care what Ron Paul's positions are on the issues. I can't get past his loony supporters. I was really turned off by them in 2008 and four years hasn't matured them much. They want to act like a bunch of idiots and then expect people to care about what they have to say. Their behavior speaks louder than their words ever will.

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 9:24:22 PM PST
mjr says:
What is the deal with the way these people are mesmerized by this goofy little guy? Ron Paul is a strange little man. And, I certainly wouldn't enlist his professional services. Yuck. I had a customer who was one of his "supporters" and she was nuttier than a fruitcake. All about conspiracies. Brought me a dvd to watch about him. Maybe they can all just get beamed up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 12:10:13 AM PST
Hmmm. So Bill must be a true genius because all the dunces are in confederation against him and giving one-star reviews though they have not read the book - which by the way is also dishonest, but apparently dishonesty is okay if you can't read.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 12:18:50 AM PST
I agree with you. Why do people think dishonesty is all right? I believe you are right. They simply are immature and think it is okay to act like dopes. Do they really think this is solving anything? Do they really think others will think more highly of Ron Paul after seeing this vitriol and dishonest ratings? Can they actually read a book? They don't act like they would be capable of acts of higher intelligence.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 12:25:49 AM PST
Wouldn't you say this one-starring at Amazon is cheating and slamming? If you guys will do such a thing, do you expect the rest of us to believe anything from you? You have cheated Amazon's customers of an honest rating, you have cheated Amazon's rating system, and you may have cheated Amazon of profits, although I suspect people are smart enough to know you are all dishonest. In that case, you may have cheated Ron Paul of supporters because he is painted with your dishonesty brush. Poor man probably wishes you were someone else' supporters!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 4:18:04 AM PST
PX: You mean in Iowa. Here are a hundred or so national poll results:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html

Paul is nowhere near that high in any of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 4:20:06 AM PST
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."

Great. A few grumpy, insomiacal arsonists are supposed to overrule the majority.

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 9:30:28 AM PST
No Spin says:
I read the book, and it was horrible... I gave an honest review and now Bill O'Reilly has come up with some conspiracy that anyone that doesn't like his book is a Ron Paul supporter upset by the bias that Bill O'Reilly has shown to Ron Paul...?

If that was the case, why was their over 30 pages of 1 star reviews on this horrible book before Bill O'Reilly negated a valid poll that showed Ron Paul as the winner of his lame debate...?

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 10:09:46 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 2, 2012 8:00:03 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 10:15:29 AM PST
Greg W says:
I say turnabout is fair play. I call it a non-violent harmless protest. Read Thoreau's "Civil Disobedience." Many of the reviews recommend other books for sale on Amazon so it is a wash for them, and a win for Amazon's customers. O'Reilly demonstrated himself to be a rude and unreasonable man, both in the things he said to Ron Paul during his radio interview, and in his subsequent disqualification of Ron Paul's votes in his online poll. Such thinking and behavior surely impacts his ability to write a well-reasoned and honest book. Many of the reviews express exactly that and so reflect perfect honesty.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 10:42:52 AM PST
Dan says:
Well said Greg.

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 12:28:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2011 12:31:32 PM PST
nb says:
The problem is Billy is holding a grudge. He was schooled http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UNC1vtP0a0 ... he was rude and lost. Now Ron Paul won't go on his show, because he yells and is an ass to those that disagree, choking all talking time.

He has a grudge which doesn't allow him to discuss rationally. He says Ron Paul has a cult, I just don't get where he gets that. In the old days it was actually patriotic to want freedom and liberty. To be anti-war. If anything, he should be saluting RP supporters for standing up for what they believe. We're not a group of mindless sheep that are thrown off by a sex scandal, or do whatever the media tells us to do.

That is why Ron's number won't go down, once you make the conscious decision to choose him, there is no going back, because everything he says, he's been saying for 20 years. There aren't any skeletons people. He joined the politics in the 70's to do exactly what he says today. He's the last honest one we have. The only one that will grab the independent votes.

Bill get off your high horse and report without bias. When his numbers in the polls are high, just report, don't be an a$$.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 5:49:45 PM PST
Well Ron Paul isnt just supported by Republicans. Independents and Democrats who support him dont get polled.

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 6:08:29 PM PST
Linda says:
The one thing I totally dislike about Ron Paul are his supporters. Amazon should have a way for us to separate verified purchases from non-verified when we are reading reviews. I'd like to know for sure that the person reviewing a book had actually read it, since there are paid reviewers as well as, in this case, people with an agenda who never read anything.

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 6:15:20 PM PST
I have not read this book. I have not given a review of it,but most of the reviews are written by people that have and if they also happen to be Ron Paul supporters and don't like the book then they have every right to say so. The Radio show mentioned in these post...I did listen to and the Poll discussed I did vote in. Bill O'Reilly should be grateful that someone is reading his book because "The Washington Post" said the Historian for the Ford Theater would not let his book be sold in the Book store because of the "Mistakes" so if it gets bad reviews maybe it is because it is bad.If Ron Paul supporters get to honestly diss O'Reilly's work then I am SMILING about that

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 6:22:06 PM PST
JIm what has this got to do with the book? I have a BA in american history and found it fascinating

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 6:22:50 PM PST
you haven't a clue where is your degree?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  59
Total posts:  267
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever
Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever by Martin Dugard (Hardcover - September 27, 2011)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (6,642)