Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 267 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 22, 2011 7:08:32 AM PST
Neaklaus says:
Jill, Which studies are those?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 9:30:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2011 8:48:53 PM PST
Jill Pyeatt: I know its great to be a believer in ones causes and it is indeed refreshing to see so many people passionate about their respective views. However, statistics clearly show us that mainstream America will never vote for Ron Paul for president especially given his position with respect to Iran, their quest to possess a nuclear weapon, their hatred of Israel and their support for Hammas as well as funding terrorist cells. In so far as freedoms being taken away from us, it is we as citizens of the Republic that allow such to occur by asking for more and more government interventionist policies such that we can feel "Safe".

What ever studies you are referring to that suggest that Ron Paul can possibly win are skewed, highly flawed and are not the product of any m ajor statistical study performed by a reputable agency. I talk to a great many people and ask questions often of friends, colleagues and even draw into conversations at Starbucks, the grocery store or the 7-11 to get perspective and a broad sampling of where we might be headed based upon peoples thinking processes. I don't believe their is any one candidate that embodies all of the issues and views the world in the same manner I do. I think it likely that it is the same for you and the majority of us. That said, we all tend to rationalize and prioritize that which is most important to us and lean toward the candidate that most closely shares our views. If that is Ron Paul for you, that's your right. But in aggregate there is not possibility that Ron Paul will ever go beyond the lower tear of candidates in the primaries and he will drop out as soon as his money is gone. The American people are a tough bunch but the independents, Libertarians, Moderates and Republicans are not going to unite under the umbrella of Ron Paul's positions and view of the world. It won't happen

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 9:35:11 AM PST
I concur Mr. Craig. AMEN TO STOPPING THE PHONY REVIEWS!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 9:43:35 AM PST
Jill Pyeatt says:
Funny, everyone I talk to--almost everyone--here in CA supports Dr. Paul He won the LA county straw poll, and the straw poll for all of California. Maybe you've noticed, California is a big state. I don't know one soul whose top choice is either Romney or Perry. So, time will tell. It is WRONG, however, for media personalities to manipulate the facts to try to decide who is our president.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 10:19:26 AM PST
Triliberty says:
Kirtap: Who said Ron paul is not electable? Establishment Media Phone surveys? That are supposedly scientific? Well guess what they are as scientific as Global warming science! Anything is possible and I will do one better Ron Paul will take the Nomination! Because there is no onme else capable!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 10:20:24 AM PST
Triliberty says:
Kirtap did you read the book? Maybe if you did you'd know why so many People trashed it! It's Phoney History!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 10:21:12 AM PST
J. King says:
Geez, Al, how ashamed are you BO has targeted the man for a blackout when he claims to be fair/balanced? As an outside observer, I'd say the factor launched the first volley here. BO is like the other BO, another arrogant Harvard pinhead who knows more than everyone else and will dictate to you how/what to think. Enough is too much already.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 10:21:35 AM PST
Triliberty says:
Jill your talking with paid Establishment Trolls! These folks are part of the cancer that has destroyed the Republic!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 10:24:15 AM PST
Triliberty says:
King the Slaves are all stupid. That's why we have guys like OReilly and the Mainstream Establishment Propaganda Networks to help us think and decide what to do and how to run our lives.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 10:25:09 AM PST
J. King says:
I've paid money for my cable over the years and thus have paid to listen to O'Reilly's incorrect take on the War Between the States over and over. Why the hell would I want to spend more money for disinformation? No way.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 10:32:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2011 10:33:48 AM PST
Triliberty says:
I read the book because I just want to see how Establishment Bill O'Reilly really is? He is part of the cancer that has destroyred the Republic. More fictional State History. Like all the State Holidays are War and War related Holidays.The State/Democracy the God that Failed!
Guys like Alan and Kirtap think we are all sheep. Some of us see each and every move the State makes as it makes it! We are the Free. And Freedom starts in the mind where we can develope a true sense of reality and not the brainwashing of the American Corporate Media and American Brainwashing Serveice grades 1-12.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 10:44:01 AM PST
Neaklaus says:
Tell me Triliberty when your beloved Ron Paul is elected President will we all be expected to say Heil Paul!?? Will we be expected to refer to him as Der Ronner!?? Thats what most of his followers make me think you know you included.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 10:49:36 AM PST
Neaklaus says:
Kirtap-Patrick, You notice how I asked for examples of the studies Jill mentioned, and I asked for examples from Triliberty to back up what they have been writing. I guess we will have to wait a long time for the proofs to show up, if ever. Since I suspect they have nothing to offer along those lines.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 10:54:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2011 10:56:53 AM PST
Perhaps sir you should consult the book review segment and you will find that I have indeed read the book and furnished a significant review. Perhaps you should read before opening your mouth but then again an empty barrel makes more noise than a full one and you seem to be making an awful lot of noise without any facts to back it up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 10:55:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2011 10:56:27 AM PST
Trilberty: You can keep dreaming I guess since you are unable to grasp the reality before you. Ron Paul will not be our next president.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 11:01:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2011 11:01:55 AM PST
Jill:Straw polls are not actual elections: I am sorry but you will not see Ron Paul as part of the national election selection choices unless he becomes a write in candidate. If he indeed becomes a write in candidate and siphons off a percentage of votes similar to Ross Perot, then you will guarantee one outcome: Obama will serve another term.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 11:03:41 AM PST
F. Hollister says:
Alan Craig:

You ask for examples - and when you get them you cut and run.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 11:08:10 AM PST
Trilberty: Your contention is baseless. It is a typical ploy when confronted with un-impugnable facts start a fire elsewhere and hence a smoke screen will develop to cloud or cover the inadequacy of the argument that the weak attempt to promulgate.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 11:24:23 AM PST
Trilberty: Your charge is a blatant example of the idiom "The pot calling the kettle black"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 12:42:18 PM PST
Sure he does, EXCEPT for any poll where Dr. Paul is leading - even to the point he pulls down his own poll. This goes back to 2007 when after some debates they had "Cell Phone" polls (which you cannot hack in any way because they keep track of the caller ID) and Dr. Paul was WAY ahead of any other candidate, but hey! It can't be real because the BIG GOVERNMENT guy isn't winning...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 12:45:13 PM PST
"Duplicated reviews"?? How do you figure this can take place?? Everyone here has an Amazon account, don't they?? My account is at least 8 years old... Is my comment not valid in your eyes??

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 1:41:46 PM PST
Triliberty says:
No just Mr President.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 1:45:48 PM PST
Triliberty says:
Newman don't argue with stupid you always lose!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 2:33:59 PM PST
Neaklaus says:
I'm still waiting to see some of them!

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 2:36:54 PM PST
Neaklaus says:
Gene, Triliberty says to quit arguing with him/her.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  59
Total posts:  267
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever
Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever by Martin Dugard (Hardcover - September 27, 2011)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (6,999)