Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Format: HardcoverChange

on December 31, 2012
Excellent book. Must read. Great writer and story. My husband says this is one of the best books he has read in a long time.
on November 22, 2012
I Highly recommend this, This tells a much more complete story than my generation was ever taught in school (graduated 1949).
on November 21, 2012
great audio book especially on my long road trip. everyone in the car loved it Also bought Killing Kennedy. Glad I got it.
on November 17, 2012
I am amazed at the negative reviews on an excellent book based on the reviewer's personal dislike of Bill O'Reilly. I am not an O'Reilly fan either. He fancies himself a hard hitting journalist but his softball interview of Barack Obama was almost obsequious. Anyway, I am an amateur Lincoln "scholar" as well as a fan. I found the book accurate, well written and researched and a real page turner. Shame on you liberals for you unjust criticism based on typical liberal hatred.
on November 17, 2011
I'm a college student with very little time. I couldn't help but find myself drawn into the story, yet at the same time I learned so much I never knew. I fought off tears as I grew intimate with Abraham Lincoln in his last days as I truly learned the man behind the beard.
0Comment14 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2012
I ordered the Kindle Edition and have throughtly enjoyed it. I specially like the style that readslike a novel and keeps you involved in the historical events yet it is like the authors are there. The narrative of the Civil War Battles are fascinating and really gives the reader a feel for the character of Grant, Lee, and many of the others who fought the battles. The story telling approach that the authors use make this book well worth reading. I highly recommend it.
on November 1, 2011
I like Bill O'Reilly and his television show, "the Factor". I bought the book based on Bill's advertising and regret doing so. There are too many omissions of fact and too many mistakes. It's very simply written, there are no references and certainly does not cut the mustard for serious adult readers, and especially not for anyone who knows Civil War history. A cute story for kids
33 comments25 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2015
Purchased as a gift! Wonderful for those who enjoy history! Well received by the party it was given to!! Makes a great gift!
on February 10, 2015
This is one of the greatest and unbiased account of the life of Abraham Lincoln and roles played by each actor. A must read!
on November 17, 2014
Excellent book. I never knew all the other things that went on when the conspiracy was being planned. Great history lesson.