7,468 Reviews
 (1,047)
 (1,211)

1,369 of 1,572 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars O'Reilly Delivers, Unlike Most Reviews of the Book
It seems that most reviews of the book are by one of two types of reviewers: 1. the reviewer either loves or hates O'Reilly, or 2. the reviewer either loved or hated how it was written. Here is my take, leaving the personal feelings about the author aside, Killing Lincoln delivers on its mission. Many rip O'Reilly apart for it not being an in depth treatment of his...
Published on January 20, 2012 by history_bookworm

2,323 of 2,852 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars It's been done, Mr. O'Reilly, and more accurately.
As someone who has studied Lincoln and books on the assassination since I was about 8 (that would be, sigh, about 50 years), I figured I'd give O'Reilly's book a try, assuming that since he had written it so shortly after some great Lincoln books (Abraham Lincoln: A Life, by Michael Burlingame; Blood on the Moon by Edward Steers) that there must be something unique about...
Published on October 3, 2011 by Anthony B. Ford

‹ Previous | 1375 376 377747 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great way to bring history to life, February 9, 2012
This review is from: Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever (Hardcover)
Love this book. i did read a lot of bad reviews before I bought it and made me hesitate on spending the money, but i am glad i did. the way it is written, makes it very enjoyable to read, and makes me feel as if i am part of the community where all this is unfolding. Most other books i read on the subject were so boring that it took me a while to finish them, and by the time i did, i could hardly remember any details. Most likely I was zoned out reading them. I highly recommend it. Great way to bring history to life.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK-Easy to see why it's on best-seller list!, November 16, 2011
Bill O'Reilly has hit a home run with this book, Killing Lincoln.

O'Reilly has crafted a familiar theme with a lot of details not readily found in books on the same subject. I read it over the course of a few days and could not put it down. I have a shelf full of Civil war books including familar authors James M. McPherson, Michael Shaara, and Stephen Sears-and Bill O'Reilly's book is more than deserving to share the revered space. Excellent book, a must-read and O'Reilly is a patriot for giving this to us.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!!!!!!!!!!, November 16, 2011
I just finished Killing Lincoln. I totally enjoyed the book. I learned several new things. I would highly reommend it to anyone!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, March 14, 2014
I am a fan of all things Abraham Lincoln. This was a well researched and written book. I learned things of which I was not aware before.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book., September 16, 2013
Killing Lincoln is as well written as Killing Kennedy. But its all just history whereas Killing Kennedy is part of our life. SS, Wash DC

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book., March 23, 2013
Excellent read. My husband loved it. A great detailed explanation of the historical events. Every American should read this book. Great.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Read, November 21, 2011
The people that are writing bad reviews on this book have obviously not read the book! They are spouting off errors--and the errors are amazingly blatant lies of what is actually in the book. Frankly, I'm astonished as well as perplexed and very puzzled by the exceedingly negative reviews. For those that love history and that want a very interesting read--buy this book. I read it out loud to my husband during a road trip, and we were both totally absorbed with the unfolding of this fascinating historical book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Acurate book and a great read 5 stars !, November 16, 2011
This book is one of the best reads I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying.
A dose of history we all should come to know and better understand. I would
recommend this book to anyone,even my picky friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read., September 13, 2014
I wish all history could be this entertaining to read. Hats off to the authors, looking forward to your other "killing" books.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, November 24, 2013
My husband listens to audio cd's on the drive to work. I'm always looking for books to hold his interest. This book seems like it will.

‹ Previous | 1375 376 377747 | Next ›

Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever
Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever by Martin Dugard (Hardcover - September 27, 2011)
$28.00 $16.80