7,342 Reviews
 (1,032)
 (1,210)

1,362 of 1,564 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars O'Reilly Delivers, Unlike Most Reviews of the Book
It seems that most reviews of the book are by one of two types of reviewers: 1. the reviewer either loves or hates O'Reilly, or 2. the reviewer either loved or hated how it was written. Here is my take, leaving the personal feelings about the author aside, Killing Lincoln delivers on its mission. Many rip O'Reilly apart for it not being an in depth treatment of his...
Published on January 20, 2012 by history_bookworm

2,318 of 2,847 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars It's been done, Mr. O'Reilly, and more accurately.
As someone who has studied Lincoln and books on the assassination since I was about 8 (that would be, sigh, about 50 years), I figured I'd give O'Reilly's book a try, assuming that since he had written it so shortly after some great Lincoln books (Abraham Lincoln: A Life, by Michael Burlingame; Blood on the Moon by Edward Steers) that there must be something unique about...
Published on October 3, 2011 by Anthony B. Ford

‹ Previous | 1384 385 386735 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, March 4, 2014
Amazon Customer (WHITMORE LAKE, MICHIGAN, US) - See all my reviews
Well written and easy to read. Lots of History. I would recommend it to all. Bill O'Reilly is a good writer. He does excellent research on his topics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Abraham Lincoln, a great and inspired leader, March 3, 2014
This review is from: Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever (Hardcover)
This is truly a fascinating book. I had trouble putting it down. I appreciated all that research that Bill O'Reilly and his cowriter did. I enjoyed seeing the maps and reading the experiences of actual witnesses to the events. I learned so many new and interesting facts about the life and the death of Abraham Lincoln. He is truly a great man

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting, April 9, 2013
Amazon Customer (Eatonton, Georgia) - See all my reviews
The historical perspective is wonderful. Relearned a lot of information I'd forgotten particularly about John Wilkes Booth. Lincoln was amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific history lesson, April 5, 2013
Learned so much from this book which was written in such an enjoyable manner. Wonderful way to enjoy history

5.0 out of 5 stars Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever, April 5, 2013
This book has been an excellent read! It told the story of Lincoln's final days in a way I have never read before. I recommend it to anybody who loves fact about President Lincoln. I was in a public place when I was reading a part of the books describing his final moments of life and it was so emotional I had to really keep myself in check so I would not start openly crying. It clearly showed the division of our Nation's leaders and citizens at that time. President Lincoln has alway been a man whose actions I have admired, and reading this book brought me to even a deeper understanding of his life, particularly at the end of the civil war.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT READ, April 4, 2013
I never realized how intricate the plot to kill Lincoln was until reading this book. It gives great insight into the minds of the people who hatched this plot. If history interests you at all...you need to read this!

5.0 out of 5 stars History of the killing of Lincoln, April 3, 2013
I really liked all the history leading to the killing of Lincoln and all the characters that were involved. It also talks about the other people targeted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Killing Lincoln--fascinating detail of this historical event, April 3, 2013
A great read--well written with a great deal of details to better understand the complexity of this historical period and those individuals who brought about the death of Lincoln.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Book, April 3, 2013
Bill O'Reilly and his co-author's books are hard to put down! History came alive as I read this book, and I learned many things about the Civil War that I had not learned previously. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, April 3, 2013
This was a very well written book and very informative. I may have learned some of this in history class but have forgotten it, but I think his research revealed to me some things I had never heard. I would certainly recommend this to anyone.

‹ Previous | 1384 385 386735 | Next ›

Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever
Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever by Martin Dugard (Hardcover - September 27, 2011)
$28.00 $16.80