Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Format: HardcoverChange

on December 30, 2012
IT WAS A CHRISTMAS GIFT. GREAT BOOK! I HAD TO READ KILLING LINCOIN BEFOR I WRAPED IT FIRST AND GAVE IT AS A GIFT.
on December 28, 2012
Gave it to my Dad for his birthday and he couldn't put it down. It was very well done and I'm happy he liked it.
on August 28, 2012
This book gave a clear and accurate account of the details surrounding Lincolns Death and the tragedy that it was. I could
not put the book down once I had begun to read it.It was one of the best books I have ever read. I enjoyed the book so much I would like to take a trip to the places on the maps in the book. I cannot wait for the next book Killing Kennedy. I have recommended this book to all my family and friends.
on November 16, 2011
I finished reading this book about a month ago and found it to be a wonderful explanation of what transpired back in 1865. I love history and was amazed at the different people that were actually involved in the plot. Bill did a great job in this book and I feel people of all ages should read it, as it is an important work and also shows an interesting point in our history.
0Comment9 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2011
Great read, puts you into the battle with Lee and Grant and their respective officers.
I hope more historical accounts are produced by Oreilly and Dugard.
I, like most people probably did not know very much about the Civil War.
Until now I have been a student of the Revolutionary period in US history, specifically the subject of Federalism.
This book educates and at the same time conveys the drama and tragedy that was our nation's darkest time. Reading it makes one want to visit the battle sites and the towns that were central in the war's conclusion.
0Comment12 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2012
Although it is evident that Killing Lincoln is not intended to be a novel of historical reference, it does add interest and information to historical fact. O'Reilly presents a clear case for the presence of a wide-spread conspiracy, made all the more plausible by the bifurcation of the nation. The book held me in its spell as events progressed to the inevitable end and beyond. I purchased several copies for family members.
on February 18, 2013
This book is just what it says it is... An interesting read, based on the lives of those people around Lincoln at the time of the assassination. The "reviewers" that just hate one of the authors need to go read and review Al Gores book, positively. It is alright, send out positive vibes and they will come back to you. This is a good book and it is as factual as most of the "history" books in the schools.
on July 24, 2015
Excellent book. Bought it for my dad, but my 13 year old daughter and I loved it too. Surprisingly intriguing!
on July 19, 2015
A good educational read which provided more facts about the event and surrounding period than I previously knew.
on May 24, 2014
I bought this for my husband and myself. It is a very interesting piece of history. I think you will enjoy it.