Customer Discussions > Killzone 3 - Playstation 3 forum

Killstreaks in Killzone3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 18, 2011 5:31:43 PM PST
Anyone know if there are Killstreaks in Killzone 3. I've seen the word killstreak in gameplay videos but I'm not sure if there are any. Does anyone know if there are any and what they are?

Posted on Jan 18, 2011 6:09:50 PM PST
Jason Bourne says:
God I hope not.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 2:51:11 AM PST
Really, I think it would be pretty sweet if done right, like getting a jet pack, or a UAV to show enemy locations.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 4:42:35 AM PST
Jason Bourne says:
Well this isn't Call of Duty. Every game doesn't need killstreaks. Just go play call of duty if you want that arcade feel with killstreaks.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 5:09:49 AM PST
This isn't Call of Duty. I don't like killstreaks anyway.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 9:40:21 AM PST
W. Arias says:
Killstreak rewards, like Call of duty, will ruin this game. However, when I played the beta, when I had a streak going on, I was rewarded with perks(faster reloading, quicker ADS, etc.)

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 10:13:46 AM PST
PLEASE DON'T..

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 12:32:54 PM PST
@Andrew J Harris I actually don't like the way COD is played. Yes I do have a good time when I play with my friends. But COD is like arena battles with customizable weapons, and that's it. Killstreaks in COD, well suck. Other than the UAV/Spy Plane they are insanely overpowered. No one likes getting death rained down on them again and again when they spawn and get attacked from the chopper/helicopter gunner. However if you do it right, it could be a thing of beauty. Even from what I've seen the heavy equipment (jet pack, mech, turret emplacement) seem very balanced. It's was just something I thought of when I saw the word killstreak in the gameplay video. As far as my favorite shooter goes, My favorite is BFBC2. But I'm waiting to see if Killzone 3 will exceed my expectations, so far looking good. Dissapointed I didn't get a beta key.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 12:33:16 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 19, 2011 12:37:47 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 20, 2011 8:44:03 AM PST
sirdeth says:
i enjoy the kill streaks in cod, but it can be very annoying as well,i think seeking the killstreaks makes ppl play differently instead of using pure tactic and skill it creates matches that seem empty since everyone is "camping" seeking kills for their streak i find the matches that are without the killstreaks most everyone has a much better k/d ratio, and its a more accurate depiction of a players core skill set, I think players play better without the killstreak "mindset" even tho it is a blast to watch your dogs rip everyone apart! i think getting a little speedboost or faster reloading is ok or even a deathstreak boost of some kind is good if your having a rough game, but nothing that is game changing

Posted on Jan 20, 2011 10:46:58 AM PST
G.P. says:
I've seen nothing in the previews I've read or the beta videos I've seen which indicate that KZ3 will have killstreaks. KZ2 didn't have them, so I don't expect this game to have them either.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2011 8:32:05 AM PST
Caleb says:
Now that sounds like an ideal "killstreak". I didn't notice that when I dabbled last night but I'll look for it when I get a killstreak again.

Posted on Feb 6, 2011 9:01:29 AM PST
Jeff S says:
After playing the beta for a few days the only thing I noticed getting for a Killstreak was extra points. That's it.

Posted on Feb 7, 2011 9:18:04 AM PST
Caleb says:
The killstreak also produces ribbons which are a really great way to reward the player. Faster aiming is a nice little treat after knocking off some enemies.

Posted on Feb 7, 2011 9:25:51 AM PST
Jeff S says:
Now I have gotten killstreaks without getting a ribbon AND I have gotten ribbons without getting killstreaks, so I'm not sure how the game decides to award them.

Posted on Feb 7, 2011 12:24:43 PM PST
Ma$$ive says:
I got a 10 kill streak, and just got the faster reload, and more damage on bullets. Stuff like that.

Posted on Feb 8, 2011 1:56:35 AM PST
Faster reaload, More ammo are good rewards for killstreaks but when you start getting a bunch of stupid dogs running at you and a nuke that ends the game it starts getting old and annoying.

Posted on Feb 12, 2011 5:42:26 PM PST
Jaysz_9 says:
tru da Darell

Posted on Feb 12, 2011 6:08:39 PM PST
chris says:
Ribbons are buffs for things you do in the game and only last for the duration of that game.

Double Kill XP Ribbon - Comes from doing any game objective (planting or disarming a bomb, capping a base, etc) only lasts 60 seconds (you don't lose it when you die it carries over the remaining time)
3 melee kills - increases accuracy 25%
5 assists - increases bullet damage 25%
10 kills while ADS - 50% faster ADS speed
10 kills from hip - faster reload

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2011 3:31:34 AM PST
Jeff S says:
Thanks for explaining that Chris. Because I couldn't figure out how for the life of me how the game was awarding those.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2011 4:47:52 AM PST
j c rahl says:
Only as a points multiplyer, which is good.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Jan 18, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 13, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Killzone 3 - Playstation 3
Killzone 3 - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (551)