Killzone 3 is the fourth release overall in the PlayStation 3 exclusive first-person shooter franchise, and contains the first integration of the PlayStation Move system into its gameplay. In it players continue the fight by a futuristic special ops team against the seemingly unstoppable Helghast Empire. Along the way players will learn more than ever before about the rabid Helghan culture, as well as become aware of an internal struggle in their ranks that may prove to be an important weakness. The game features full PlayStation Move system integration throughout the game -- including the Move and Navigational controllers. Additional features include: the ability to carry two primary weapons, new melee and jet pack functionality and online multiplayer support.
The Killzone 3 Helghast Edition is a must-have for the fans. This one-of-a-kind set features a collectible replica of a Helghast Helmet containing an art book, Super Voucher and the Killzone 3 game with bonus content. Also included is an exclusive Cloaking Helghast Marksman action figure created by DC Unlimited, that will not be sold anywhere else. See complete list of included items below.
Optional PlayStation Move support (all accessories sold separately). View larger.
Battle the Helghast Empire in an all new play experience. View larger.
Continue the Fight Against the Helghast
Visari, the leader of the Helghast is gone, but the war is far from over. Helghast forces have mounted a devastating counterattack, prompting the ISA (Interplanetary Strategic Alliance) evacuation of planet Helghan. As new Helghast battalions appear, armed with more powerful weapons, ISA forces find themselves outmanned, outgunned and surrounded. Players of Killzone 3 will need to learn more about their enemy and use new tools to continue the fight.
PlayStation Move integration into Killzone 3 is one of these new tools. Although the DualShock 3 controller is of course supported, the two controllers of the PlayStation Move system (Move and Navigational) are also usable at every stage of the game. Use the Motion Controller as a site for your weapon and pointer that changes your view of the horizon onscreen, while the Navigational controller provides movement as well as auto-aiming functionality. The sensitivity of the Move controller can be altered via the game's setting menu. With a subtle gesture the Move Motion controller can also reload a weapon, pick up items and ammo on the battlefield, as well as unleash a brutal melee attack within close range of an enemy. Additional features of the game as a whole include: the ability to carry two primary weapons in addition to your piston and knife, jet pack functionality seen in earlier games, fully destructible environments and online multiplayer support.
PlayStation Move offers a new and innovative gaming experience for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system by fusing realistic, high-definition gaming along with accurate, intuitive control. Consisting of PlayStation Move motion controller, the PlayStation Eye camera and the optional PlayStation Move Navigational controller, the PlayStation Move controller system enables sophisticated motion control and immersive gameplay only possible on PlayStation 3.
The PlayStation Eye camera is an integral part of PlayStation Move experience. The camera tracks the sphere of the Move motion controller in your hands to accurately read your every move. Crouch behind cover, or dodge an incoming attack - your movements will be accurately captured in-game. The camera has a fast frame rate for pristine video quality. It also has built-in microphones so that you can chat about strategies with other players, give in-game commands, or set up a private conversations with up to six friends.
Move Motion Controller
The cornerstone of the PlayStation Move system, the PlayStation Move motion controller combines advanced motion sensors, a dynamic color changing sphere, vibration feedback, and an easy-to-use button interface to provide the ultimate in motion-based gaming. Equipped with a three axis gyroscope, a three axis accelerometer and terrestrial magnetic field sensor, the PlayStation Move motion controller registers your precise movements by noting the angle of the controller in real-time and in 3D space via a constant connection to the PlayStation Eye camera. Highly sensitive movement tracking can be accurately traced back to the game, allowing intuitive gameplay as if the player is within the game. The PlayStation Move also features the familiar PlayStation controller button orientation, for seamless play from the very first use.
Move Navigational Controller
The PlayStation Move Navigation controller is a supplementary controller developed to further expand the experience that PlayStation Move games can offer. It can be used in most PlayStation Move games that require navigating an in-game character as it replicates the control features of the left side of DualShock 3 or Sixaxis wireless controllers into one's PlayStation Move experience. The PlayStation Move Navigation controller adds an analog stick, directional buttons and two face buttons into the PlayStation Move's control scheme. In addition, the Move Navigation controller contains the L1 button, L2 button and L3 button for actions and commands common in advanced gaming.
Killzone 3: Helghast Edition Contents
| || |
- Authentic Helghast Helmet replica opens to reveal art book, Super Voucher and Killzone 3 game
- Exclusive Cloaking Helghast Marksman action figure is 6.5" tall with multiple articulation points
- Includes bonus video content giving you a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the game
- Exclusive art book featuring imagery from the Killzone universe
- Super Voucher includes
- Killzone 3 soundtrack and PS3 dynamic theme
- Retro Map Pack featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2
- Double XP for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
- Full access to all weapons and abilities for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
Key Game Features
- Epic single player campaign with a gripping storyline and intense action
- Battle your way through huge, diverse environments from alien jungles to harsh arctic vistas shown in incredible graphic detail
- Face off against new, relentless Helghast enemies armed with more powerful weapons and abilities
- Full 3D compatibility takes immersion to new heights, delivering a "boots-on-the-ground" experience like no other
- Award-winning multiplayer mode returns, with added game modes, new vehicle gameplay, brutal close combat system, more powerful weapons, and a more accessible experience
- New brutal melee system lets you get "up close and personal" with Helghast enemies for even more intense combat
- Increased vehicle gameplay, including aerial combat action with ISA Intruders and jet packs