5.0 out of 5 stars Kim Kardashian Amazing Abs Body Sculpt
Kim Kardashian: Fit In Your Jeans by Friday: Amazing Abs Body Sculpt

This is an amazing workout just like the title says. My abs were tight and sore when done. I believe that if I keep this up it will really help with my legs as well. I don't know if I will get in the jeans I want to by this Friday but maybe the next.......thanks Kim
Published on April 23, 2009 by Michella Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars More of an upper body/arm workout than an ab workout...
Published on May 7, 2009 by Carly Curry

3.0 out of 5 stars More of an upper body/arm workout than an ab workout..., May 7, 2009
This review is from: Kim Kardashian: Fit In Your Jeans by Friday: Amazing Abs Body Sculpt (DVD)
The title of this DVD was a bit misleading. Instead of doing mostly ab work, this workout was mainly a sculpting workout for the arms. Not a bad thing as I love to work out my arms... just saying that if you are wanting this DVD to mainly work your abdominals you will be a little disappointed as I found the ab workout section was a little lacking compared to the segment focusing on the arms.

I would not recommend this if you are a beginner to working out as it can be very tough in some parts, especially in the second workout section.

I own all 3 of the DVDs in the Fit In Your Jeans By Friday series and this one is my least favorite. I will probably only use it for the arm-toning exercises and turn it off after that point. In the second workout there are far too many plank moves for my taste, which I found can be a bit hard on the knees. The other thing I noticed on this DVD compared to Kim's other 2 was that the camera seemed to focus on Kim's facial expressions and rest there sometimes and that was quite annoying when trying to learn a new exercise move and not being able to see the full body. I didn't buy this workout to watch Kim make faces; I got this to do an exercise routine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kim Kardashian Amazing Abs Body Sculpt, April 23, 2009

3.0 out of 5 stars NOVICE = NO ADMISSION HERE!, May 3, 2009
Okay, I'm hot and fresh off the Kim Kardashian: Fit In Your Jeans by Friday: Amazing Abs Body Sculpt, and let me tell ya - it's not for the squemish! No novices or severely overweight sculptors allowed. Although physically active for many years, a recent illness skyrocketed me to 216 lbs! Doing this DVD at 216 lbs. was an extreme challenge, but it felt great!

I would NOT recommend it if you are totally new to exercise. DOWNSIDES: The unnessarily long face shots of Kim are a bit annoying if you're here to exercise and not stare at Kim. I only gave it 3 stars because neither the trainer or Kim lead you smoothly into the next exercise; they jump from one to the next before announcing the switch. Kim also tended to "relax" at times she should have been on top of her game. She's her usual self with the whining and "baby talk." I'm not hating - I like Kim! I just have a low tolerance for a grown woman acting that way, especially if she's supposed to be "training" me.

All in all, I would recommend it if you're semi-fit and do not have a lot of weight to hit the floor, jump in the air, hit the floor, jump in the air...you get the point. Great workout, fresh moves, but be forewarned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kim-me This DVD for a Solid Work-Out, May 12, 2009
Valentine (Rocky Mountains) - See all my reviews
When Kim Kardashian released her work-out series, I knew I had to buy it; first, because I'm enamored of the Kardashian family--they love fashion and work in the field (jealous), they have a Brady-Bunch family that seems very loving and they makes lots of $ and are very successful and they're all gorgeous Hollywood-ites. Plus, I'm a DVD-fitness-aholic and own and stay in shape with 100+ videos.

This DVD starts with an idle warm-up-some simple stretching and begins 2 segments of arm work with short and infrequent cardio bursts--plus, some floor core work (nothing too impressive or new) and while Kim is engaging, her attitude and demeanor with the trainer is a little sour (she might not like working-out as much as say, Renee Zellweger) but her overall energy and enthusiasm is pretty palatable. I did work up a sweat and had sore arms for a few days but the DVD seemed to lack a real tight flow--there were many moments that slowed or stalled the pace. Kim's trainer often defers to Kim which is quite funny as it's like the ghostwriter of a book deferring to the "author" to make a comment on the book content---the trainer should take the helm and let Kim serve as eye-candy as Kim herself admits on the DVD to having a "limited and lazy" approach to fitness in the past.

Comparing the DVD to Kim's wardrobe: it lacks the true spunk, originality and fierceness as her fun and fabulous frocks but remains eye-catching, charming and overall pretty decent for a celebrity fitness DVD routine (intermediate recommended).

5.0 out of 5 stars Personal trainer in your own home!, May 5, 2009
I tried the Amazing Abs and Body Sculpt last night for the 1st time. All you need is a stepper and some 5lb free weights. This workout was great! I paid for personal training at my gym it was $[...] for each hour session, it was never as good as this! I love it! Your coached through this whole workout, its challenging and fun, I am sore but my body already feels amazing after doing this workout! I also purchased the Ultimate Body Sculpt and the Butt Blasting Cardio Step, I haven't tried them yet but if they are anything like this DVD I cannot wait to see what it will look like after a longterm use

5.0 out of 5 stars lost weight fast, June 6, 2009
I bought the K K work out and I love it. Just a background i used to be very fit. Worked out everyday, had a personal trainer ate healthy, blah blah blah.. But now I eat real mexican tacos, and got lazy. Honestly I was never overweight at all but now i have gained a few pounds around my stomach and butt. Its nice to have a bigger butt but who wants a flabby butt with a flabby stomach!? So I decided to buy something that was going to get me to sweat like how my body was once used to. I love that this work out incorporates pilates, boot camp work outs, and stretches. I purchased the abs and butt scupt. I really wanted to loose a couple inches fast so maybe i took it too hard the first day but i did both videos including the bonus! My sisters and i were so sore the way we used to feel when we had a trainer. But i had to slow down cause i wanted to have some consistancy and not get so worked up that i never do the work out again. Well now i do the work at least once a week and if i have time go running. Its easy because i dont do the whole entire video unless I am really REALLY up for it. The sections are short but challenging so dont over do it. I honestly dont do the work out every day because it made me loose weight really fast and I dont want to loose all of my curves but, if you have a little more cushion than you want I suggest work out hard but PACE YOURSELF. I'm sure if you do it more often than me you'll loose weight faster than I did. -M.Garcia, 23

5.0 out of 5 stars It's an intense workout for sure!, March 3, 2010
I bought one of her other DVD's, Kim Kardashian Fit In Your Jeans By Friday Ultimate Butt & Body Sculpt, and this one as well kicks your butt! I still need to drop a few pounds in order to do the workout for the abs on the step due my poor core strength. Other than that, the arm workouts are awesome! For the first time, I really can see results. Especially, my triceps, that's a big problem area for me. I would recommend this for anybody who wants nice arms and a strong core! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly Great Workout, February 1, 2010
brandie0502 (Portland, ME USA) - See all my reviews
When I first saw that Kim Kardashian had a workout series, I was skeptical about it but after reading the reviews I thought I would give them a try. I got all 3 DVDs in the series. While I dont care for the cardio step dvd, the upper body & lower body workouts are great! You can feel the exercises working & do not need to use a step in the workouts (but you need one for the cardio step workout). I often get bored w/DVD workouts that are longer than 30 minutes but not w/these - the time flies by. When I got the dvds I began alternating the upper body & lower body workout 5 times a wk and, combined w/dieting, Ive lost 10 pounds in the last month! I can see & feel the difference, especially in my thighs.

My only complaint is sometimes the instructor does not do an equal number of sets on each side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great upper body workout!, June 5, 2009
This upper body workout hits all the major problem areas: (tummy, love handles, arms)! I felt it all over after just my first workout!

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent workout video, May 28, 2009
My only problem with this video is the way it was shot. There were too many times where I was trying to see what moves were being done, but the camera was focused on Kim's face. Yes, she is beautiful, but one does not buy a workout video for the shots of the instructor's face. This is the reason I hesitate to buy any of the other videos.

Used & New from: $3.85