5.0 out of 5 stars Good activities, great extra assignments
Published on March 8, 2010 by Vanessa Maine

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price
I got this workbook for my daughter's 4th birthday. This book is very easy...a little too easy for being a kindergarten workbook, but she likes it and it makes her feel important and accomplished. I don't recomend this workbook as a primary tool for teaching.
Published on February 17, 2009 by jennie

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, February 17, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Good activities, great extra assignments, March 8, 2010
This review is from: Kindergarten Scholar (Paperback)
This skinny activity book has been great for my Pre-K girl. The activities get increasingly more challenging, covering topics from matching objects, letter recognition and practicing writing; counting; pattern recognition; connect the dots; etc. I especially liked that every page has an extra assignment to do; for example the page that has a map activity, the extra assignment is to create a map out of blocks or Legos - which turned out to be very engaging task that entertained us for a good hour. Other memorable extra activities have included drawing and coloring, letter hopscotch, using various round caps and containers as circle templates etc. With these extra activities we have been compelled to do a few pages at a time instead of zooming through the book only to lose interest (like she did with another Pre-school activity book we have).

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought it would be!, October 22, 2008
This review is from: Kindergarten Scholar (Paperback)
I thought this book was kind of a disappointment. I homeschool my children, and like to be able to use some workbooks when doing certain themes, or when doing the alphabet, but this book just jumps from topic to topic every page you turn. It's ok to use for worksheets here and there, but I really don't use it all that much. I think it was just a little too easy for her.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book for the price, NOT the best out there., June 26, 2011
This review is from: Kindergarten Scholar (Paperback)
I'm a mother, trainer, and in-home childcare provider, so I am careful about the educational books I buy for kids because I want to challenge my kids and prepare them for school and life success. I bought this simply because the price was so low and I thought it would be fun for our kids to have another "homework" book to do. The concepts are right on target for kindergarten, the pages are full-colored and arranged well, and the price is great. For $2, it's worth it. I wouldn't pay more, though.

For all of my kids, I purchase the Comprehensive Curriculum for Preschool (or Kindergarten, depending on their age). It's only $13 and is almost 600 pages of awesome activities that really prepare your child for the next level. I recommend that for the main curriculum and this as a fun activity for your own kids or your childcare's Writing Center.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for home schoolers, May 28, 2014
This review is from: Kindergarten Scholar (Paperback)
My grandson is using this as part of his home schooling curriculum and he is doing quite well with it. The book progresses nicely and keeps him interested and wanting to learn more. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Learning tool, February 24, 2014
This review is from: Kindergarten Scholar (Paperback)
My girls love this book and have learned so much with the workbooks we are able to do them together but they provide easy reading instructions for kids to work through on their own as well

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific workbook, December 30, 2009
This review is from: Kindergarten Scholar (Paperback)
This has been one of our favorite books for homeschooling this year. It's right on target for the Kindergarten SOLs, the illustrations are fun, and we are breezing through it without tears.

4.0 out of 5 stars will keep your toddler busy, April 9, 2009
This review is from: Kindergarten Scholar (Paperback)
my daughter loved it (although she does enjoy reading and writing). keeps her mind working. this book helped her prepare for kindergarten.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorful and meaningful contents for kids, May 29, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Kindergarten Scholar (Paperback)
Great contents with lovely color in Math, Basic skills, Social studies, Science and Language arts. With it my kid has fun in playing. Through it I sharpen my kid's related skills. My kid enjoys it very much. It worths my recommendation.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindergarten Scholar Workbook, April 11, 2010
Susan M. Winfree (Jefferson, GA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kindergarten Scholar (Paperback)
This book was purchased used. The description said that only few pages were written in. The book came and a few pages WEREN'T written in! I am using an eraser to erase the pencil writing, but the highlighter writing is not erasable. I ordered several other workbooks from other sellers and they all came in the condition promised. I would not recommend a purchase from this seller.

Kindergarten Scholar
Kindergarten Scholar by Not Available (NA) (Paperback - April 8, 2013)
$3.99