Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-113 of 113 posts in this discussion
Posted on Aug 23, 2011 5:29:47 PM PDT
S. Flynn says:
I don't understand how the paperback prices can be lower than the ereader prices. Whay a slap in the face! I bought the ereader justifying that I was paying over $100 for the unit by thinking I would save money on every purchase. It would pay off over time. This is ridiculous. I am a VERY disappointed customer.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2011 1:56:24 PM PDT
"lose" not loose. Loose is what you do to an arrow. LOSE is what you do with your dictionary when typing comments.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2011 10:05:00 AM PDT
L. Eddy says:
Right now, who ever is setting the kindle book costs, I'm heading back to paperbacks rather than pay the high prices.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2011 8:45:33 AM PST
H. M. Hansen says:
I agree. Being on a fixed income, I found it difficult to purchase the Kindle to begin with. I bought the 2nd edition at $359 and now they are selling for $79!!! That was bad enough but I still enjoyed the convenience of the Kindle and thought I was getting a good price on the books which most topped out at $9.99. Now the e-books are just a couple dollars below the cost of the hardcover - no thanks!. I can get the books from the library and join the circle of friends that pass on their paperbacks at no cost at all. I feel betrayed by Amazon and think that it was all a ploy to get the readers hooked and then rip them off.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 9:15:52 PM PST
XTR3M368 says:
I guess Amazon hasn't been paying attention to what is happening with Netflix and their pricing screw up or the rebellion of banking customers for B of A with their debit card fee proposal. Prices like this and there are no printing or shipping costs? I was going to get a Kindle for Christmas but my list has changed. They should be giving them away for free. The definitely could afford to with the price gouging. I am now starting my search for a reader that doesn't gouge their customers. If there isn't one, I don't mind reading a real book.

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 1:05:16 PM PST
Jon Stewart says:
How is it possible that an e-book can cost more than a hard cover version? The e-book costs virtually nothing to produce. I will never purchase an e-book that costs as much or more than the paperback or hardcover, and I'm renewing my library card and my weekly visit to a good used book store.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 2:52:36 PM PDT
I'm curious, which sites have you been using? Would like to know i have other options!

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 2:53:54 PM PDT
I recently bought a book for 40 per cent off the cover price (so about 12 dollars instead of 19.99) all because the kindle price was 70 cents cheaper!!! I'm not paying 19 dollars for an ebook, no thank you! I've been reading a lot more regular books, just to save money.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 3:20:26 PM PDT
Daphnee-Lynn Carrie,
I have recently started going back to my public library after many years of ordering books from half.com, or buying the e-books for my Kindle. The library offers easy access to some e-books and all other books you might be interested in. The best part is that they are free. What I have been doing is making a wish list and taking that with me each time I go to the library or looking online from my home computer to see the availability of a certain book at the library. My last visit I saved $65.00. I hope you find this helpful. Cindy

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 4:15:56 PM PDT
Sadge says:
It's sad, but when I first got my kindle, I was reading non-stop. I spent a lot of money on books and was tearing through them. After the price hikes, I haven't bought any books. My kindle wish list keeps growing but I refuse to buy anything (even when the price "comes down" to 9.99 -- usually by that point, the paperback's out and usually 9.79ish).

I also refuse to buy the hard copy of the books I want. Unfortunately, it's a lose-lose situation. If add to the hardcover sales, the publishers go, "See? People would rather have a physical copy.", and if I buy their inflated ebook, they get to say,"See? We don't have to discount the digital version."

Oh well ...

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 8:24:45 PM PDT
No. It is Apple who forced the price increase.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 8:43:18 PM PDT
Sadge says:
Apple allowed it, but it's the publishers all the way. Hence the lawsuit/federal investigation.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 5:23:57 PM PST
what a grand idea!!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  72
Total posts:  113
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
61 Hours (Jack Reacher, Book 14)
61 Hours (Jack Reacher, Book 14) by Lee Child (Hardcover - May 18, 2010)
4.0 out of 5 stars (1,645)