The Great Gatsby
Used & New from: $0.01
The Kindle Edition price is ridiculous Am I the only one that thinks that $12.99 for the Kindle edition is absolutely ridiculous? Especially when the paperback is only $9? How is it possible that something that requires shipping and physical paper is LESS expensive than something with an unlimited ability to copy?

Just saying.
[UPDATED] asked by Justin on June 19, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
votes
I have a Kindle and bought the book for 9.00 with free shipping. I will pass it along an many people will read it. It might end up at a community book sale where others will read it. Can't do that with a Kindle and that is one reason I think the Kinle price should be much less. Also that free 2 day shipping is going to cost Amazon a few bucks. Money that Amazon would like to have saved by selling the Kindle version cheaper, but they are not allowed to.
bill answered on September 24, 2012

A
votes
I agree with all you guys...I have been trying to justify paying more for the Kindle version (I seem to do that with a lot of books. IMHO, one of the benefits that SHOULD come with digital reading is value.).

Anyway, I'm just gonna buy the 2004 edition...it seems like it has the original cover (one of the greatest ever).
Force 26 answered on December 4, 2012

A
votes
I bet that since there are so many copies of this book floating around, you could buy a used book in very good condition for $1.99! It's a great book that every American should read, but still $12.99, $9.99, even $9.00 for a digital version of it is RIDICULOUS (it reminds me of the spell used to make boggarts disappear in Harry Potter)!
teacher answered on January 26, 2013

A
votes
I suppose it's that legendary "convenience" fee at work. I paid it because I like reading books on my phone anywhere, anytime. But yes, it is ridiculous. I would say $9.99 would be reasonable.
G. Mathe answered on July 2, 2012

A
votes
Well its 4.99 now so you got nothing to complain about.
Usni answered on May 2, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›