Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 25, 2011 8:45:39 AM PDT
I'm thinking about getting The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for the Kindle - I loved these books when I was younger, and I'd love to revisit them.

My only quibble with the Kindle so far is that it seems prone to frequent typos, particularly in these kind of Everything-In-The-Series-In-One-Place editions. I imagine something about the way books are scanned in is the primary culprit. For those who have the Kindle edition - are there frequent typos and how bad is it? In your opinion, should I go for it anyway, or should I refrain? My girlfriend has also expressed interest in reading these novels, and I want to make sure the typos aren't bad enough to kill the story for a first time hitchhiker.

Thanks everyone!

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 5:18:44 PM PDT
I was wondering this myself - I saw recent reviews (Nov 2012) which dinged because of typos and missing words. I think it is a problem with the scanning (and subsequent editing) process. I had the same problem with the Lord of the Rings. With Rings, the publisher pushed out updates that eventually fixed all the typos. Has any of that been done with this edition, yet?

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 7:28:08 AM PDT
I don't see a Kindle version available. I really don't want to purchase the single novel by itself and I don't want to pay full price for each of them individually so I guess Amazon will not be getting my money for this product.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 3:59:22 PM PDT
The link to the kindle version. I'm not sure why the kindle version wouldn't be showing in your list of formats... The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Posted on May 2, 2013 12:30:54 AM PDT
Kjenkx says:
Okay, I just purchased. And I'm missing several pages throughout the book in each of the stories. How frustrating.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2014 12:38:09 PM PDT
Frank says:
I'm having the same problems and been waiting for an update of the book. Just sent a issue to the help center. See if they fix it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Oct 25, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (Paperback - April 30, 2002)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (1,132)