13,473 Reviews
 (1,116)

10,730 of 10,991 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Compare FIRE HD to the KINDLE FIRE GEN 2
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:29 Mins
UPDATE: I bought both a Fire HD and a Gen 2. (as a present to my mother in law) My initial reviews were written after playing with them for like 20 minutes. I merged both reviews into one to really compare the two products. I'm still answering questions in the comments if you have any. And see the video that compares the two and gives a mini...
Published 22 months ago by clickz4

4,215 of 4,597 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Great product but they get you with the ads and missing accessories
My 7 year old son has the 1st gen Kindle Fire, and we've been very happy with it. He mostly plays games on it now, but we plan to purchase more movies and books for it in the future. My 5 year old wanted one too, so we just purchased the 2nd gen Kindle Fire for her. She had been saving her allowance and birthday money this whole year for it. We purchased one the day...
Published 22 months ago by Old School Working Mom

‹ Previous | 150 51 521348 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars New Kindle Fire, December 15, 2012
This review is from: Kindle Fire (Previous Generation) - Includes Special Offers (Electronics)
I like the color feature, the back lighting, ease of "turning pages", and the ability to transfer books already purchased for my old Kindle: however, I have not tried to to that yet. My biggest complaint is that there are no instructions or guidelines for learning how to operate the Kindle. I need things in black and white in front of me to follow. Consequently, still haven't figured what all can be done or how to do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money!, December 15, 2012
I bought this on promotion for $129, as a gift! It's color, handy, light weight. It's non-HD. As long as we understand that it's NON-HD, non-dolby, NOT an iPAD and consider the cost - it's a great product. I like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire, December 15, 2012
Did everything I wanted and more. Would recommend love the book reader and like that I can use it for watching videos.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Kindle Fire arrived on time and good condition!, December 15, 2012
Just love this item and it arrived on time and in good shape. I would place an order with Amazon again

5.0 out of 5 stars love it-kids are stealing!, December 15, 2012
Both hubby and I love it. The kids are stealing it because they do too. Definitely needed the power adapter though to plug it into the wall. Wish it had come with it. Only downside is the charging time without the adapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome gift, December 15, 2012
I just love my kindle, I love being able to take it any where, and all the apps I can do on it. The screen colors are amazing and the device is easy to use. I bought a pen to use with it so I wouldn't have to worry about smudges. as I dont like screen covers, Have had no problems with freezing or Kindle not working. The special offers I don't even notice them.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE my Fire so much bought my grandsons on for Christams, December 15, 2012
My grandson's love my Fire, bought them one for Christmas! They love to read on mine.
Anything to get them to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a Perfect Gift, December 15, 2012
After almost a year of my mother wanting a kindle fire, I finally bought her one this year! It is the ultimate gift for a person who loves technology and loves reading books! Sometimes it takes a while for books to arrive when you've ordered them online and they can really pile up, but with this kindle fire you can download books instantaneously and then you don't have to worry about storing them. Also, there are many more things you can do using the kindle fire! This was one of the best buys I have ever made and it arrived in two business days! I am more than satisfied with my purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, December 15, 2012
The 7" LCD is a good product but I returned it for a 7" HD because the display is clearer. My husband has eye issues and he likes to play games on the Kindle and the HD is easier for his to see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire "Kindle FreeTime", December 15, 2012
I bought my daughter a Kindle Fire for Christmas. She is 10 years old. When i set it up I realized that my books, some adult themed, were showing up in her content even if you removed them from the device they were still available on Cloud for her to see. FreeTime made it possible for me to "Hide" this content from her view. On top of that it has many apps, books, and more for her choosing at the touch of a finger at no additional cost. Add to that... No web access and I was able to load non-kid themed apps and "allow" her to use them in the settings. This is an important aspect because Kindle FreeTime does not have a Music or Picture App. I downloaded Rocket Player and now she can play music, I dont remember what photo manipulation software I put on, but it is there. I also loaded her Netflix and angry birds. I get some peace of mind and I believe she is going to be soooooooooo happy this year for christmas.

Here is the catch. When I first loaded FreeTime it was still allowing me to move freely throughout the device. I am not sure if additional Syncs took care of this, or what, but when i tried again an hour later I was able to usee FreeTime in a manner that kept me from using any other portion of the device without putting in my password. I also restarted the device from within FreeTime to make sure that wasnt a loophole, it wasnt... it booted back into "FreeTime" mode. Its basically like we are logging in to a computer with two different profiles, her being "user" level and me being "admin" level.

I am happy with the device, and FreeTime was a bonus! You must have the most recent device update to utilize Kindle FreeTime.

‹ Previous | 150 51 521348 | Next ›