Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Kindle Fire Cover will the new kindle be backlit or is there an option for a cover with light ? I use alot at night and this would be a factor in purchasing the new kindle fire.
asked by bookworm on September 28, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 answers
A
This thread isn't really on topic! How about a discussion on reputable companies that are offering Fire covers?
Nels C. Henderson answered on October 10, 2011
Comment | 11 of 13 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Kindle Fire uses a backlit screen, so you won't need a light to see it at night.
Bo Liu answered on September 28, 2011
Comment | 8 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
On the Kindle Fire - What about using in the sunlight? I want both - sunlight and nightiime dark reading options?
Joy answered on September 29, 2011
Comment | 8 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
seems very expensive for a cover
shasta01 answered on October 22, 2011
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I use a silicone cover for my regular kindle 3. Protects (though does attract lint and fine particles) but does not "attach" to it in any way. I am thinking about getting a Fire and I am right now on the page for the Kindle Fire MicroShell Folio Cover by Marware, Graphite... It seems to be a more lightweight cover case, that snaps on the unit with a front screen covering flap that can be used as a stand when flipped in the back (very similar to the popular ipad 2 covers).
Ivy Vine answered on November 5, 2011
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Here's hoping they have made vast improvements on the Kindle friendly "protective" covers. My last Kindle split all the way through from the prongs in the recommended Kindle cover. Very wary.
AgeeNC answered on November 4, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
appreciate cover recs.
A Hamm answered on October 31, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
4 mt kindle two I have edge nykon case with nifty place for edge lamp and for cord. For fire I ordered the one discussed here as I want lightweight and want stand. We shall see...
A Hamm answered on November 5, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Which cover was this?
Amazon Customer answered on November 5, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
On the Amazon site I found and ordered a Multi position leather cover/case which WAS $49.99 and IS NOW available for $4 for Black and $5 for Red Leather. It looks and is described as good quality. Does not have a magnet fastner as my other Kindle, which I think is a good thing.
Bunni answered on November 14, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product