Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on February 8, 2012
I have used other "Dummies" books before buying this one. This book did not give the guidance that was needed to learn the different uses of the Kindle Fire. It tells what the features of the Kindle are, but sometimes leaves you hanging as to how to use, and where the features are located. The figure
pictures are poor and sometimes hard to "figure" out what you are looking at. Unless you have your Kindle with you and you are able to make sure that you are on the screen in question, you can get lost. It is as if the book was written in a hurry. I love my Kindle Fire, but I was hoping this book would be a guide to educate me. The more a customer knows about an item they have bought, the better they will like it.
on February 5, 2012
What a disapointment! I am almost computer illiterate, but I had already figured out most of the information in this book in the month Ive had my Kindle Fire. The illustrations were so poor I couldnt figure out which icons were in the pictures. (They look like they were done on a poor black and white copier) The document section looked worthwhile. A poor information companion to the incredible Kindle Fire.
on January 25, 2012
I was very disappointed with the Kindle Fire for Dummies. Usualy the Dummies Series Books
provide very detailed information. This manual was not much better than the Kindle Fire
download manual. It is not worth the purchase price.
on January 28, 2012
[[ASIN:1118267885 Kindle Fire For Dummies (For Dummies (Lifestyles Paperback)When I purchased this book I expected to be able to go directly to issues I might have with my new Kindle Fire, but instead I found difficulty finding the answeres I needed. In some cases the solutions were not available. A detailed index to view before purchase would have been helpful.
on February 1, 2012
I was hoping for some "inside" information. Nope, very generic and could have just stuck with the online manual. (the free one)
on September 12, 2012
Since I am 74 years old, and not really into technology, I thought the Book would guide me as I wandered into this strange new world. I'm really not stupid, but the book was no use to me. One of my sons told me I would get it, it was intutive. Maybe for his generation, but not mine. After weeks of letting my Kindle Fire just sit there, I finally struggeled and managed to start reading. For me, my base knowledge was so limited that the book wasn't simple enough! I'm sure most people are more successful with the book, but this Dummy wasn't smart enough! :)
on January 14, 2012
Where is the beef? The book did very little to increase my understanding of my Kindle
Fire. I thought that it was more a sales promotion than a manual.
on February 5, 2014
When I ordered this book , I thought that I was going to get a papere back book,, instead it was downloaded on to the kindle, which makes it usless to me, I am unable to read and scroll through the kindle at the same time, money wasted.
I would not recomend this download to anyone whoo is trying to learn about the kindle
on February 26, 2012
I've seen many good Dummie books but this is not one of them. It seems to be a commercial for Kindle and contains little, if any, more info than is included in the on board manual (which is actually quite decent). The illustrations add insult to injury as they're too small and of such poor quality as to be virtually useless.
on February 9, 2013
Bought this book because I thought it would help me discover the in's and out's of my Kindle Fire HD. I am not a novice to computer aps, but definitely am to all these new electronic gadgets that have hit the market. So, I was looking for guidance to learn about my new Kindle in depth to get the maximum use. This book is definitely for a "dummie". I am very disappointed and feel it was a waste of money. You are better off using help off the internet. Save your money.