5.0 out of 5 stars A n Excellent Simple Book for the Kindle Fire HD Tablet
Published on November 24, 2012 by Stephen Kovac Jr.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Worst Instruction Book Ever Written
Published on January 2, 2013 by Jim

5.0 out of 5 stars A n Excellent Simple Book for the Kindle Fire HD Tablet, November 24, 2012
Stephen Kovac Jr. (San Diego, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
I had some problems getting around with my new Kindle Fire HD as it is a little different from my older Kindle Fire. That is until I started reading this book and boy oh boy it sure made a diferents and my life with the Kindle Fire HD a lot easier. Now I can get around the Kindle Fire HD much easier than before. It is written so that anyone can understand the material. Highly recommend this book if you have a Kindle Fire HD. It is much better than the simple Kindle Fire HD manual.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Kindle Fire HD for Dummies, November 27, 2012
Arlene Weston (Mesa, Arizona USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kindle Fire HD For Dummies (Paperback)
This book is a must for anyone who is new to Kindle Fire. There were so many things to learn and this book walked me thru all of it. I would recommend this book to anyone new to Kindle Fire.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Worst Instruction Book Ever Written, January 2, 2013
This review is from: Kindle Fire HD For Dummies (Paperback)
The Kindle Fire doesn't come with any written instruction booklet. As the author points out in her book, it took her, a computer expert, "three or four days" "to find settings, features and ways to buy and locate my content and apps". I stupidly believed her book would help me do all that, but, in fact, the book is really just an advertisement for the product and merely repeats the same confusing instructions that the Kindle screen offers. By the way, those who've not bought a Kindle Fire yet should know that the so called "camera" isn't for taking photos, but is useful "for video calls 0nly" (Skype).

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire HD For Dummies, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Kindle Fire HD For Dummies (Paperback)
As an older person with a limited background using the new devices .I did not find this book very helpful . I really believe
that a basic user manual explaining the various functions and how to access them would have been more helpful (for me)
Also a simple explaination of the various icons and how to use them would have helped me As an older person new to
technology I did not find this book help me to understand what I am doing, I do not believe I am making full use of this
device. I am starting to believe the story about getting an eight year old to help you if you want to understand what you are
doing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect help guide for the Kindle Fire HD, November 20, 2012
This review is from: Kindle Fire HD For Dummies (Paperback)
This is the perfect gift to go with the new 7" Kindle Fire HD. It's great for the novice or the more computer user person. It's simple to understand and love the pictures and cartoons.

2.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps their "Dummies" are smarter., February 7, 2013
This review is from: Kindle Fire HD For Dummies (Paperback)
This book has too little information. I wanted to learn about the HDMI port...about the only thing the book could tell me was that My KFHD had one. I wanted to learn about borrowing and returning books with Amazon Prime account...again, the book essentially said, "Yep, you can do that." Following the directions and illustrations in the book I tried to sync the KFHD so I could use the provided calendar. After several attempts, going online to forums and, finally a call to Amazon Customer Service, I learned that the KFHD will not sync with an AOL account. THAT would have been helpful information to put in a book for Dummies.

I'm giving it two stars instead of one, because I did like having a book in my hand for the Getting Started information rather than looking online or trying to use the information on the KFHC itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire HD for Dummies, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Kindle Fire HD For Dummies (Paperback)
I love my Kindle Fire HD, but couldn't keep going back and forth between the directions and what I was working on. "Kindle Fire HD for Dummies" gave me the opportunity to try new things without losing what I had accomplished.

2.0 out of 5 stars just the basics, December 23, 2012
This review is from: Kindle Fire HD For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this book hoping for detailed tips and tricks for using my new fire hd. I was disappointed because it just covered the basics that I could already find on the free online helps that already came installed on my tablet. If you don't know anything about a Kindle Fire HD, then you will get some use out of this book. If you already know the basics, don't waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tossed in the Recycle Bin, December 20, 2012
Rita (West Coast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kindle Fire HD For Dummies (Paperback)
This book was of no use to me at all. I read the first 30 pages and could not read any further without suffering. On every page there is a screen shot in full color, but the screen shot is too small to be readable. There are no diagrams, drawings or illustrations to explain things-- nothing is labeled. It is obvious that this book was thrown together in the cheapest way possible. The text is written is a silly, inane style and is hard to read because it is so small. I have always liked the Dummies series, but this book was a big disappointment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip Off, February 1, 2013
The author must be a shill for Amazon; the book is a thinly disguised sales pitch for a questionably functional tablet. Each topic is saturated with bubbling raves but only an occasional nod to the many shortcomings (many features work only when connected to the internet; almost everthing costs extra). Vital topics are omitted (internet security; how to take, save and upload photos). If you want to learn how to use the Kindle Fire, save your money and just ask some kid.

Kindle Fire HD For Dummies
Kindle Fire HD For Dummies by Nancy Muir (Paperback - November 20, 2012)
$19.99 $16.38