4.0 out of 5 stars Way to go Amazon
Published on January 12, 2012 by Jim

3.0 out of 5 stars Fit off, colors muted
Published on November 28, 2011 by Mona AlvaradoFrazier

4.0 out of 5 stars Way to go Amazon, January 12, 2012
This review is from: Kindle Fire Skin Kit/Decal - Library - Vlad Studio (does not fit Kindle Fire HD) (Accessory)
Like several other people I was looking for something to protect my new Kindle Fire. Having never purchased a "skin" before I guess it was my own fault because after looking closer it is what it said it was. However I thought $20 was way too much to spend for decoration. So I went through the process online to return it. Here is where Amazon amazed me. They approved my desire to return it however told me to keep it and they credited my credit card for the purchase immediately saying my business was important to them. So I kept it and put it on and for free I am pleased with it, but more importantly Amazon earned my business for life. I would have been happy with just returning it and getting my money back, but they went the extra mile. That does not happen much these days. By the way I love my kindle fire and it has energized my interest in reading again. I further decided to buy the $79 Amazon Prime and cannot recall ever being this happy with doing business with a company in the past and I am 63 years old.

4.0 out of 5 stars A decal/sticker designed to add color to your Fire; NOT designed for protection, December 7, 2011
If you read the reviews for the Decalgirl skins, it is evident that many people purchase them thinking they will protect their device from scratches. This is NOT a protective skin and will do nothing to protect your Kindle Fire. It is a sticker designed solely to replace the drab black of your Fire with something more interesting. If you are expecting any kind of protection you will be disappointed.

I have owned several Decalgirl skins for the Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers and the Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers and have been very satisfied with them. The description lists it as an "adhesive sticker," however "Decal" is a better term. This is not like a regular sticker, but a bit thicker and with a more durable matte finish which has a very nice and smooth texture (it doesn't feel like a sticker at all). The skin adheres very securely to the Fire and I have had no problems with the edges rolling up or peeling off. If the adhesion quality is like it is with the Kindle Keyboard decals, I don't anticipate any problems, as those are still on my Kindles and look great after over a year. The decals can be removed easily with no damage to the Fire. I took one of my decals off and reapplied it with no problems, although it bis not designed to be removable so I wouldn't do this more than once. The images on the skins are very high quality and look great.

Since the Fire has a flat surface, application is extremely simple. You should apply it slowly to prevent bubbling, and if you see a bubble develop, peel it up slightly and smooth the bubble out, or use something flat like a credit card to remove air pockets. One difference I noticed with the Kindle Fire decal versus the Kindle Touch decal, is that this skin does not completely cover the front of the Fire, which is due to the slightly raised edge on the Fire. There is no real way for a skin to do that. It covers the entire dark black glass portion. It does not interfere with the capacitive touch qualities of the Fire at all. The sticker on the back also does not cover the entire area, since the edge on the back of the Kindle Fire is curved slightly. This unfortunately means that you lose some of the illusion of the skin replacing the entire stock case (which you get with the Touch and the Kindle Keyboard), and makes the fact that it is a decal more evident if you look close enough. This is the only reason I am giving it four stars instead of five, since it doesn't produce as nice of an effect. Given that these decals are not as complicated as the Kindle Keyboard decals and are a bit more limited, it would be nice if the price was adjusted a little more, so you will need to consider if it is worth it to add a little color to your Fire. I would caution against using these decals with a Fire case, since you won't be able to see the back of the decal at all, which is the best part.

The "Moon Tree" design is one of four that I've tried on my Fire. Like all of the skins, the image is very bright and high resolution. I had the same design on my Kindle Keyboard and really like it. My only problem with this design is that it doesn't work very well on the Fire. Put your hand of the back image of the decal in the product description and just look at the front. That is what this will look like. It is very difficult to tell what the image is of from the front. It just looks like a bunch of green. I recommend trying out a different design that is more uniform and smaller, and will stand out more on the Fire.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fit off, colors muted, November 28, 2011
The background colors are more muted and darker than appears on the screen. The top front skin was cut a tiny bit too narrow to cover all of the top margin. It fit very well on the back and was thick enough to remove for better placement without wrinkling or tearing.Now that I have it I think the product is too expensive and I wouldn't get another unless the price dropped a few dollars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous skin, December 6, 2011
I fell in love with this skin when I saw it was available for Ipod Touch. I immediately purchased a clear case so that I could highlight the lovely skin. I'm trying to find a clear case to highlight the skin on Kindle Fire. This one is really gorgeous. Reminds me of the bookcase in Beauty & the Beast or something out of Harry Potter. Just classic. If you love books and libraries, you'll love this skin even if it is a bit darker than pictured.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, no protection, December 14, 2011
Awesome design, beautiful colors, breaks up the drab exterior of your Fire very nicely.

I bought this for fun and also I was hoping for some protection as well. It was very hard to tell from the description if the skin was protective of the screen, it is not.

I still like it, but it is hard to come to terms with purchasing a $20 sticker, I may return it, but if you are looking to just decorate your Kindle, these are truly great, they seam durable so I would be surprised if they didn't last very long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Decal, February 23, 2012
If you have a Kindle Fire and dont keep it in a leather cover or any cover then this decal is a must have. It is for the eclectic of heart and is beautiful to look at. My kindle is usually on the table beside me,,,not always in its cover and i enjoy looking at the decal very much. I also just purchased a screen guard ( clear ) to protect it along with a sylus that works very well,,,,so the front decal went right on the clear protector beautifully, with no problems at all. Now i can enjoy my kindle even more. Thank you for reading this and i hope it helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but does not prevent fingerprints, December 12, 2011
Jennifer (St. Joseph, MN United States) - See all my reviews
I love this skin! It is beautiful.
I may have misunderstood but I thought " preventing glare and fingerprints " was in reference to the touch screen. There is no skin or protector on the front other than along the edge. For me, it doesn't prevent anything which is very disappointing but it is pretty. Wouldn't buy another but this is a good quality item if you just want to personalize your fire."

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Artwork/Excellent Quality, December 18, 2011
I ordered three Decalgirl Kindle Fire Skins. The artwork on all three was truly amazing and so colorful. The skins were of excellent quality, and after following simple instructions on the Decalgirl site, easy to apply. What a difference the skins make in beautifully individualizing the Fires for three brothers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love at first sight, August 30, 2012
This skin is absolutely beautiful. The image on the computer doesn't do it justice. It's of good quality and easy to apply. I'll be ordering some more!

2.0 out of 5 stars Decal Girl...Just a sticker, February 14, 2012
I'm not really sure why I thought this was a skin that went around the kindle, but when I received it and it was just a sticker I was little disappointed. The graphics are done well and it looks good but for overall protection of the kindle I would give it a low score. If you are going for a sticker and decoration it's an A+ if you are wanting something a little more sturdy keep looking.