nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more

on December 16, 2011
Love it!!!

FIT: It fits the Kindle Fire perfectly. At first I thought the front decal might be too small to reach the edges but I found that it can stretch the long narrow sides a wee bit to reach all four corners perfectly. The back is just right-- curves around a bit but not so much that it will unpeel after lots of handling.

COLOR/PATTERN: bee-you-tee-full! The color is amazing - the background is a sort of dull teal which is not too bright and not too boring.

DOES NOT WORK WITH: full-screen protectors. I'm not complaining because I didn't expect it to, but I want to warn anyone else who might have been considering it. For me, installation of the front skin involved a lot of repositioning to get it perfect (because the fit is so exact). This was fine when I was applying it directly to the factory screen, but when I tried to install it over a full-screen protector, it messed up the screen protector installation and damaged the skin. So now I've opted for a front full-screen protector, and a pretty skin on the back.
0Comment33 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2011
At first I was majorly disappointed because I expected a thick rubberlike sleeve that would encompass the entire unit, including the sides (like what is on my DROID SmartPhone). I did not read item description, rather relied on product photos and my imagination! Thought $20 was a bit pricey for a piece of inkjet material printed with anything (even my most favorite van Gogh work) and started to return it. I decided that since I had also purchased a zippered case for the new Kindle Fire that a "skin" that was only minimal "protection" but was of Starry Night was worth a try.

The skin was easily applied, fits PERFECTLY, and really adds a stunning personalized look to the Kindle Fire. I am loving it now. I still think it is a bit pricey for what it is, but if you want to give your new Kindle Fire a "look", this is definitely the way to go. There are SO many choices by Decalgirl. There is sure to be one that suits your unique personality! *>)
on November 23, 2011
I am a huge Van Gogh fan and was so excited to see this skin. It was easy to put on my Kindle and the fit is perfect. There is a very nice selection to.choose from. I am very happy with my purchase.
22 comments11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2011
I like this Kindle Fire Skin but the design in person is more a teal color than a blue shade shown on the picture. Don't get me wrong the design is still really nice, but its not as "calm" as it is in the picture. The front decal is very easy to put on since there are borders and outlines to go off of, but the back is a different story, the back decal will almost always be crooked in some way, its ok though since the black color of the Kindle Fire hides the mistakes really well. The material of the sticker has a strong smell straight out of the packaging but it fades away after ten minutes. This design blends really well with the content on your Kindle Fire, it looks really pretty when you're reading a book or playing words with friends. I'm happy with it, the decal sticker fits perfectly. I just wish it was more blue than teal green.

Update: The material is really great! I bought this last week thinking once you place the sticker on the kindle fire that's it you're stuck with it but I was wrong. Today I readjusted it because it was so crooked and I took it completely off then restuck it back to my kindle fire and its as if I didn't even take it off at all. I love it so much I ordered another one for my cousin since she loves this Van Gogh painting too.
on February 27, 2012
First, the colors look just like the pictures. I don't understand what other people are talking about when they say it's "green." It's lovely, and does fit the Fire perfectly. However, although it peels off and reapplies with little to no effort, it is a challenge to make sure the pieces are aligned. The back is the easiest; the front piece is much more flimsy. AND WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT attempt to apply the front piece if you have a full-screen protector already installed! The screen protector will come off, and the front decal piece will stretch and tear. It's just a bad idea.

So, I'm a little disappointed about not being able to use the front piece. Although it fits wonderfully once it's on, and the print is one of my favorite paintings, the whole item seems a pricey to only have it on the back :/ Probably won't buy this or anything like it again.
on September 25, 2012
I love my new skin! It hugs my Kindle so tight and it looks great! At first I thought..plastic?? but since I put it onto my Kindle, there has never been a problem and I've been showing it off to my friends and family. I chose Garden Of Prayer because my Kindle is a beautiful sanctuary just for me and I am very happy with my Kindles new look. Thankyou.
on January 19, 2012
This skin is beautiful and was very easy to apply to my Kindle Fire. It's quite thick, and should work wonderfully to protect it from any scratches and dings. Shipping was fast. I am very satisfied. :)
on February 14, 2012
I am really happy that I purchased this skin for my Kindle Fire! I love my Fire, and now it's even more beautiful!

I would caution anyone prior to purchasing this product, however, to make SURE that you're ordering the right size skin for your type of Kindle. It's not entirely clear on the product page which skin you're ordering, as apparently there are different skins for different Kindle types.

Thankfully, I ordered the skin which fits my Fire, and I am really glad that I did. I love this skin.

With respect to ease of placement, it was a breeze. I washed my hands (which is instructed, but I did so without reading the product suggestions because it intuitively seemed like a good idea). I then cleaned the surface of the Kindle front with a made-for-glass-and-CD cleaner, which is what I use on my Kindle and glasses only.

Then, after a good inspection holding the Kindle up at different angles to the light and satisfied with no dust or dirt on the surface, I carefully peeled off the front skin sticker from the page.

That took a little finesse, as each side is a bit thin, but after getting it and making sure I had the bottom edge of the skin where it should be against the bottom edge of my Kindle Fire, I worked from the bottom up and gently laid the bottom edge down first, checking side placement all the way as I eased the skin down against the Kindle sides all the way to the top. It wasn't hard, and I found the skin to be very forgiving, meaning that if a slight adjustment was needed, I could easily lift it up and reposition it where I wanted it before using my finger more firmly to set it in place.

The back side of the skin is quite a bit easier, but again, I didn't push down hard until I was certain that it was where I wanted it to be. It's very easy to reposition if you don't apply too much pressure the first time. This was my strategy since I wanted all edges of the back of my Kindle to have the same amount of black surface space appearing on each side of the skin. I had it down fully, yet I was able to easily lift it up again, reposition it slightly, and then press it down again as firmly as I could once I was certain of final placement.

So I'm a happy camper with this one. I knew what I was getting (just a skin, not a cover), the design is lovely and just a pleasure to see every time I open my Kindle cover, and it's worth every penny. I'll get miles of smiles out of this one.
on January 5, 2012
love how it looks and it was easy to put on...I have the Verso Prologue Cover and I must say that with the two accessories, the Kindle Fire looks as cool as it is!
VINE VOICEon February 24, 2013
This was easy to place on my Kindle Fire. The topside part took some lining up but it was easy to adjust once I made mistakes.

One of the curious parts of this though is the missing cypress tree on the left. I did notice this before I selected this one but assumed that it would be in place. My mistake.